Hidden Phobia

Oh My Princess!

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

I felt more energized after the party yesterday. Today is a new day, a fresh start. I packed my stuff into my bag and checked if all the things I need for the classes later were already put inside. I heard a knock on my door and checked who it is. Sooyoung, Sunny, and Taeyeon were waiting outside. We decided yesterday that starting this morning, we would go to our classes together.

 

We all went to our seat as soon as we entered our classroom. We were a bit late but it's a good thing that Ms. Song, our algebra teacher, entered the room a minute later after we did.

 

As I made my way towards my chair, I deliberately tried to ignore Jessica who was eyeing me intently. She looked like she had something to say to me but I don't want to hear her out. I might only get angry with what she will say. It was too early in the morning. Prevention is always better anyways.

 

Sunny, on the other hand, was waiting for the teacher to announce her to class. Guessing that she won't be introduced, she sat right next to Taeyeon and had a small chitchat with her. It was like they were on a world of their own, two person seated together. No one was behind them at all.

 

 

 

Sunny's POV

 

 

I sat next to Taeyeon since the chair that was next to her was the only one not occupied. It must be the work of my uncle. I'll have to thank him later for this.

 

I talked to Taeyeon and complained that the teacher did not introduce me to class. My tongue was poking the inside of my cheek, a sign that I was clearly not amused. She just chuckled and told me that I was just being immature.

 

"Before I begin, I would like to call upon Kwon Yuri, Jung Jessica, Lee Soonkyu, and Moon Tiffany to go to the courtyard please. The four of you haven't appraised your magic powers yet." Ms. Song said.

 

"Please call me Sunny, ma’am!"

 

I beg of you. I don't want to be called by my classmates with that name. It sounds so old fashioned.

 

"Okay, noted." She smiled at me. "You four should go now."

 

The four of us stood from our seats and exited. I noticed that the dark skinned one, who I assumed is Yuri, was annoyed and even hesitated to follow Ms. Song's orders. She only complied when Jessica urged her to go.

 

While walking towards the courtyard, I couldn't help but notice the princess following and lingering around Tiffany like a lost puppy, with Yuri sulking at the back of the group. It was pretty uncommon for Tiffany to ignore someone, let alone a fellow classmate. It is in her nature to be friendly to others afterall even if their personality is bad.

 

"Hello young ladies!" Uncle Sooman greeted us when we arrived at the courtyard where a big metal contraption awaits us. "I will be in charge with overseeing your power appraisal. Please form into a line so we could start the process."

 

"This is stupid." I heard Yuri whispered to herself.

 

"Do you want to go first, Miss Kwon?" Uncle asked.

 

"Fine. But I'll get to leave immediately after my turn." she grumbled. Yuri went inside the device. After a few seconds, the glass next to it was filled with dark substance, black as night.

 

"Shadow type." Uncle muttered.

 

"Hey! This is so exciting, right?" I said as I linked arms with Tiffany while waiting for our turn. I got cold shivers down my spine. Jessica looked like she wanted to kill me by the way she glared at me. Instinct tells me that something's up between those two. I'll bet my aegyo on it.

 

Jessica's next. She was hesitant to leave the two of us alone. She was looking at Tiffany with a worried look on her eyes. I looked at my friend who was now sweating bullets. It feels as if she would pass out in any minute.

 

"Are you alright?" I asked her. She weakly nodded.

 

"Please go in now, your highness." Uncle said to Jessica.

 

Jessica sighed as she proceeded towards the sensor. And as expected, there was a big shard of ice that formed on the glass.

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

Why do I feel nervous all of a sudden?

 

I wiped the sweat that was forming on my forehead. I looked up to see Jessica with a weird expression on her face. Our eyes met and I quickly looked away, feeling embarrassed by the way she gazed at me.

 

Was that worry on her face? Nah... It couldn't be.

 

"Are you alright?" Sunny asked me. I weakly nodded. I know I am not fine, I nodded so that she won't be too concerned of me.

 

When Jessica left the machine after appraising her powers, I thought she would go meet up with Yuri who left as soon as her turn was over, but she didn't. She stood beside me and offered her hand for me to hold on to. I looked at her quizzically and once again, I ignored her hands that were left hanging in midair.

 

Why should she do that? It's not like we are close or something. She used to bully me for heaven's sake!

 

She forcefully took my hand and held it. I was too weak to oppose her so I just let her. I wondered where all this fear came from. It was making me too feeble to move.

 

It was Sunny next since I don't want to go inside at the moment. I want to delay entering inside as much as I can.

 

Sunny also looked like she was hesitating to go inside as well. I insisted that she should go first. She shifted her gaze towards my hand that was grasped by Jessica's own to Jessica who stared back. They seemed to have a silent conversation between them.


Sunny took one last glance at me before entering the machine. The glass beside the device was filled with a pinkish fog. Taeyeon, Sunny, and I already knew what power she has. It was of the pheromone type as per usual with the Lee family. She was of the animal pheromone subtype hence she could control animals at will.

 

After a minute, which looked like it was only seconds for me, Sunny exited the machine and rushed back beside me. She guided me towards the device and assured me that everything would be fine. Jessica smiled at me but reluctantly let go of my hand. For some strange reason, I missed the coolness of her hand.

 

I took a deep breath and got inside. The door closed, making the light from the outside disappear, leaving behind the reddish hue of the artificial light inside the box.

 

 

Be strong Tiffany! Fighting! It's just a metallic box...

 

A metallic box that looks a lot like a coffin.

 

No... stop! Don't think that way. Everything will be alright.

 

 

I feel so cramped here.

...so suffocated...

 

I want to get out!

 

When will the doors open?

 

 

Suddenly, I felt like my head would split open. I screamed fron the pain that I felt. My knees buckled, making me slump on the ground.

 

 

In my mind, I saw images of strangers...

 

... a smiling face from a man I don't even know

 

... two people, their faces in agony

 

...and a car left burning on the side of a road.

 

 

 

My vision turned black as I passed out, unconscious.

 

 

 

A/N: Another update! Woohoo! A bit of JeTi here so please don't be mad at me anymore.

 

Thank you to soshiforever, natynaty17, and rosyanda for the upvotes. ^^

 

And for those who are wondering where Fany Jackson came from, it's actually Jackson Hwang. just treat it as an inside joke between the three.Tiffany had a dog named Jackson Hwang too.