Frozen Heart: 1… (The Dandyus)

Oh My Princess!

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

 

I was about to dash off to the cafeteria when Jessica grabbed my wrists suddenly. My eyes went wide due to the contact.

 

OMG! The crowned princess just touched ME! A mere commoner! Did the sun rose in the west this morning?! The world is definitely going to end soon!

 

“Where is Tiffany?” She asked nonchalantly but I can sense a hint of worry in her voice. I sighed as I was reminded of Fany.

 

“Didn’t you know? She went back to the states.” I told her.  The dejected expression on her face made me miss Tiffany more.

 

Wait a minute… dejected? Is she really sad that Fany went back to the states? OHOHOHO… I smell something here. So that’s why she kept pestering her... I might be wrong though. She may only be feeling guilty. Whatever. It seems like someone has some feelings for someone. Kekeke…

 

I was about to grin when my stomach grumbled. I looked at the time. Oh Carp! I forgot. One of today’s menu is the ultra-special, mega delicious, mouthwatering, triple-decked, triple chocolate cake that is only served during once every three months. I have more to tell her about Tiffany’s departure but my babies are waiting for me. Arrgghh… What should I do?!

 

“Sorry. I have to go.” I said to her, I could just tell her the details later. I bolted towards the canteen, leaving behind a dazed princess. I don’t care if I unleashed Hellsica. I can endure anything as long as it’s for my babies.

 

 

I groaned as I stepped inside the cafeteria. The students waiting in line for their food are absolutely horrifying. The distance between me and my babies is so long that I may die from hunger even before reaching them.

 

I grinned when I saw a classmate of mine at the front and used my special skill in times of great need: queue cutting. I tapped her back and squeezed behind her, making the student after her almost tumble.  The student after her was about to glare at me so I shot her an apologizing look while pouting. She blushed and moved further back to give me more space. Hehehe… works everytime.

 

“ Hi Narsha -unnie! I would like to have this and that… and also that one… and last but not the least, I would like to have the ultra-special, mega delicious, mouthwatering, triple-decked, triple chocolate cake please.” I said to the lunch lady, my eyes gleaming in anticipation as I wait for her to put it on my tray.

 

“Sorry, Sooyoung-ah. The chocolate cakes are already sold out. You should’ve come sooner.”

 

 

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

 

===

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

 

“Hey Tiffany! Over here!” Sunny, my childhood friend and Uncle Sooman’s niece, called and waved at me to come.

 

I am currently at LAX’s arrival area after twelve hours on the plane coming from Incheon Airport.  My body is sore from the long flight and to top it off, I haven’t slept at all during travel, resulting in a major jetlag. I waved my hands at Sunny and carried my luggage that is enough for my stay here in California, a week to be exact, towards her.

 

“Hi Sunny! Long time no see!” I embraced her tightly. It has been a year since I last saw her. She hasn’t changed at all.

 

“Did you grow over the year?” I looked at her from head to foot and back.

 

“Apparently not.” I joked, earning me a smack on the head from the furious bunny.

 

“Yah! You’re not that tall either!” She stuck out her tongue at me.

 

“Where’s TaeTae? I thought she’ll be coming with you?”  I asked her, noticing that one of the danshin duos was not here.

 

“Let’s talk later. For now, we should head home and you should rest. You look really tired.” I nodded and followed her to the exit where a car is parked, its driver waiting to pick us up.

 

===

 

 

“Hey Fany, wake up. We’re already here.”  Sunny nudged me gently to wake me up from sleep. I opened my eyes and rubbed it. I guess I must have dozed off during the ride.

 

I took my luggage inside of the car’s trunk and went inside the apartment. I walked towards the room where I always stayed at whenever I’m visiting. I laid on the bed to rest my tired body. I only planned to sleep for a couple of minutes but it must have turned into hours considering that it was already evening by the time I woke up.  I stepped out of the room to find Sunny sitting on the sofa, watching a movie on the TV. She must have heard me come out of the room since she looked towards my direction and smiled.

 

“Had a nice sleep?” Sunny asked as she tapped the space beside her on the sofa, motioning me to come sit next to her.

 

“Yep. Sorry Sunny. Jetlag.” I replied as I sat beside her. She nodded and proceeded to turn off the TV.

 

“So, about my question earlier, where is Taetae?”

 

“Oh yeah… I nearly forgot about that. Taeyeon and I… well… we actually got a surprise for you. I won’t tell you though. You’ll soon find out about it. Hehehe…” Sunny chuckled.

 

“Meanie. You know how I hate surprises.” I pouted and was about to get up from the sofa when Sunny stopped me.

 

“Okay fine. Taengoo would kill me if she knows I told you about it so I’ll just give you a hint, okay?”  I nodded and turned all of my attention to her next words.

 

“Umm…  well… how should I say this? We will meet each other more often from now on?” Sunny asked, but it sounded more like a statement. She fidgeted, afraid that she might give out more than a hint.

 

“Sunny-ah, that’s not a surprise! Of course we are going to see each other more often. I’m here in California right now.” I laughed.

 

“Let’s go eat! I’m hungry. How I missed American food.” I whined and tugged Sunny on the hem of her shirt.

 

“And when did you become such a shikshin?”

 

“Let’s just say that a close friend of mine influenced me.” I smiled as I was reminded of Sooyoung.

 

 

===

 

 

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining brightly on the sky yet the temperature wasn’t hot, just enough for a perfect stroll at the park. But instead of the park, I walked along the grass-filled lawn of a place that I had been through countless of times. I stopped walking as I reached the familiar markings made out of granite on the ground and placed the bouquet of pink flowers neatly on top of my parents’ graves. Today marks their death anniversary, the day where God took them away from me. I sighed as I remember their smiling faces filled with love and care.

 

Mom… Dad… I miss you so sooo much.

 

I cupped my face, tears now streaming from my eyes. If only I hadn’t been such a reckless and disobedient child, they would’ve been alive right now. Their deaths happened because of me. This is all my fault. If I could just turn back time, I would stop myself from doing that thing. I wonder how my life would turn out if they were still alive. I would probably be living a very happy life without any regrets with loving parents who would take care of me.

 

 

A life without bullying.

 

 

A life without Jessica Jung.

 

 

===

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

 

I was bored out of my mind as I sat on my chair waiting for the teacher to arrive. If only Tiffany was here, I would have been chatting with her by now. The princess transferred next to Yuri as soon as Tiffany left, leaving me beside no one. Not that I mind though. Jessica acts like I don’t exist in this world except during that time in the bathroom and when she asked me about Tiffany’s whereabouts. Thinking of Tiffany, I guess I’ll just have to wait for her return. I haven’t told Jessica yet that Tiffany will only be gone for a week to America for her parents’ death anniversary. I hope that she’s feeling guilty and regret over whatever she did to the latter. I was about to bring out a pack of chips from my bag to eat when a little girl entered the classroom. She had medium length hair, dark brown in color with blonde tips. A blue backpack hung on her shoulders.


Why is a kid here? Shouldn’t she be attending elementary school right now? Doesn’t she have classes? Oh I get it… she must be looking for her sister.

 

“Hey kid, are you looking for your unnie? Tell me who she is. I’ll help you find her.” The girl glared at me like I had just said something wrong.

 

Pshhh… Is this what I get from trying to help someone out? How rude.

 

“Okay class, I would like you all to meet your new classmate.” Ms. Kim announced.

 

Huh?! When did she get here? And who’s the new classmate? Don’t tell me it’s that little girl.

 

“Hi everyone! My name is Kim Taeyeon. For those who are wondering, I’m the same age as you are.” The girl introduced herself and looked at me.

 

EHHH?!  Seriously?!

 

 

 

A/N: Merry Christmas!!!

Don't worry about Tiffany leaving. It's not permanent. I never said that she transferred to another school anyway. Hehehe...

Dandyus have arrived!