Lost

Oh My Princess!

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

A lot happened on this day, tiresome and unexpected events. I plopped down on the couch after going back to my room. I had just escorted Jessica to her driver and waved her goodbye. I stood up immediately when I felt something hard. It seems that I accidentally sat on something. I held it up and looked at it.

 

Isn't this Jessica's cellphone?

 

I inspected it further. I sighed in relief when I saw that it's not broken nor does it have any scratches. Jessica loves her phone very much. I haven't seen her without it so it would have been disastrous if I really damaged it.

 

The phone screen lighted up when I managed to press the button on its side. My lips curved upwards at the image. It was a selca of the two of us that was taken a few days ago. I was smiling brightly at the camera while Jessica was posing like she was about to kiss my cheeks, her hand placed around my shoulders. I kept on looking at the screen until it dimmed out after a few seconds.

 

I should give this back to her tomorrow.

 

¤¤¤

 

Today is a Saturday, which means there's no classes and no other way but to go to Jessica's home to return her cellphone.

 

I am currently riding a taxi on the way to Jessica's home, this kingdom's palace. I can't help but feel anxious since this will be my first time at her place. I tried to dress as proper as I can before coming. I was wearing a white button-up shirt with sleeves that I rolled up to my elbows, fitted black slacks, and black pumps.

 

As the cab neared the palace's gate, I noticed a black van parked on the side. There's this strange feeling when I passed by it, like a bad vibe. I shrugged it off and prepared myself in meeting Jessica again.

 

"Sorry miss, but this is the farthest that I can take you," the driver said as he stopped the taxi in front of the main gate, unable to come inside. "The palace does not allow tourists for today. Something about a royal meeting."

 

I thanked him and handed him some money for the fare. I got off the cab and walked through the gates until a man in a blue uniform stopped me.

 

"Do you have any business here?" the guard asked, blocking the gates to the palace. "Unless you have an appointment with someone inside, I cannot let you pass here."

 

"I don't have an appointment but I'm here to give the princess back her cellphone. She left it at my place yesterday," I replied.

 

"Please wait here. I'll have to check it with the higher-ups."

 

He moved away for a bit and talked to someone using a lapel mic on his body.

 

"I'm sorry but I can't let you pass. The four kingdoms' rulers are having a meeting inside," he said after he came back.

 

I didn't want to waste the time and effort that I spent in coming here so I called Yuri using my cellphone. After a couple of rings, she answered.

 

"Hey Yul!"

 

"Oh hey, Fany. Ssup?"

 

"I'm actually at the palace right now. I'm here to give Jessi her phone back since she accidentally left it at my place yesterday but the guard didn't allow me to enter. He said that I need to have an appointment to come inside."

 

"I see. Let me speak to him then."

 

I passed my cellphone to the guard. He was a bit apprehensive when I gave it to him though. His eyes went wide after a few seconds, realizing that Kwon Yuri, the daughter of the kingdom's prime minister, was talking to him. He nodded and said yes a few times and handed me my cellphone afterwards.

 

"You have permission to go inside. Miss Kwon will be waiting for you at the main lobby. Just head straight and enter the first building that you will see," he instructed.

 

The guard opened the gates and ushered me inside. As I passed through the gates, I was greeted by a very beautiful scenery. There was a big path of cobbled stones leading to a building. Adorning the sides of the path were evenly spaced cherry blossoms whose leaves fall gracefully with every breeze, and wide lawns covered with perfectly trimmed grass. There was also a huge fountain on the middle of the path, just a few meters away from the entrance of the building. On the center of this fountain was a statue of a dragon made out of gold, spewing jets of water from its mouth.

 

The building itself was also of remarkable sight. It's probably a hundred years old but it doesn't look like it since it was properly managed and preserved. It looked very traditional, with little statues on the tiled roof. The stone columns of the building are like a dragon ascending towards the skies, boasting the skills of the empire's ancient stonemasons.

 

I walked through the door of the said building. Its insides were converted for the tourists and guests into a museum where the artifacts and treasures could be seen, showing the grand and diverse history of the empire.

 

I sat on one of the sofa in the main lounge and waited for Yuri to arrive. After a few minutes, I saw her running fast towards me.

 

"Fany-ah! Did you wait long?" Yuri said, panting heavily from the running. "I was in the deeper part of the palace when you called me. I won't be able to be with you for long since I'm still needed in the meeting."

 

"No, I just got here myself," I replied. "I should be the one to say sorry for disturbing you from whatever you were doing."

 

"It's fine. I wanted to get out of that boring meeting even for a couple of minutes anyways. There were only old people talking about politics except for the princess and I."

 

"Where is Jessica?" I asked.

 

"Unlike me, she can't get away from the assembly. She's probably zoning out right now," she chuckled.

 

I took Jessica's phone from my pocket and gave it to Yuri.

 

"Here's the phone. You should go back to the meeting now."

 

"Are you shooing me away? I'm hurt, Fany-ah," Yuri said, pretending to be offended.

 

"No, that's not what I mean. I just don't want you to be reprimanded for leaving, especially when it concerns government matters."

 

"I told you, I want to delay going back for a few minutes. I'm not exactly needed there anyways."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes, I am.  Besides, I think I should give you a little tour around the palace," she said, dragging me away. "Consider this an honor, you're the only one who has a Prime Minister's daughter for a guide and you could go inside without any restrictions."

 

¤¤¤

 

It seems that the first building that I saw and entered was acting like a gate and border to the innermost part of the palace where different halls and rooms are located separately. Yuri told me some things about the buildings that we passed by, about its history and its use.  We went inside some of them but not in others. It was really informative and fun that I didn't notice the time passing by.

 

Yuri's phone suddenly rang while we were walking to another part of the palace. She picked it up after two rings and answered.

 

"Hello... Okay... Hmm... I see. I'll be there in a few. Goodbye then," she said, frowning a bit in some parts.

 

"I'm sorry Tiffany but it seems that I have to go back to the meeting now. Do you want me to you back to the main gate?" she asked me.

 

"It's alright. I can manage by myself. You should really go back before you get punished."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes, I am. Now go!" I giggled, pushing her away.

 

Yuri looked at me apologetically and sped off. I turned back and walked for a few minutes. I sighed when I looked at my surroundings. I think we didn't pass by here earlier. All I know is that I am now in the innermost part of the palace.

 

Now, where should I head to again?

 

I think I'm lost...

 

Aisshh... I forgot that I'm no good at directions.

I should better ask someone then.

 

I looked around and saw no one within the vicinity. I walked around some more but I still couldn't find someone.

 

After walking aimlessly for a couple of minutes, I decided to rest for a while. I took off my shoes and massaged my aching feet.

 

I shouldn't have worn heels today.

 

I looked around once more. I am now seated in a pavilion in the middle of a small lake. There's a bridge made up of wood and stone that connects this place to land. Lush trees surround the lake, muting the noises from the outside. It felt serene and quiet. How I got here is also a mystery to me.

 

"HEY YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?!" a high pitched voice broke the silence. "This place is off limits to visitors!"

 

I looked up to see a child with long raven hair at the bridge walking towards me. She was wearing a light blue dress made out of silk that looked really expensive.

 

She stood up in front of me and glared, her hands on her hips. "Well? Hurry up and answer me right now!"

 

This girl really reminds me of Jessica especially her glare..

 

"Umm... I got lost?" I smiled at her nervously, scratching the back of my head.  "Will you tell me the way back to the exit?"

 

"Urrghh... fine," she said as she turned her back on me. "Today's your lucky day. I'm feeling a bit generous right now."

 

She started to cross the bridge again and stopped on the middle when she noticed that I wasn't walking behind her. "Aren't you going to follow me? I thought that you need help?"

 

I immediately wore my shoes again and run towards her. "Thank you very much for helping me."

 

"I'm Tiffany, by the way." I said while we were walking.

 

"What's your name?" I asked when the girl didn't introduce herself back.

 

"You don't know who I am?" she said, surprised. "Do you not live here?"

 

"Sorry, but I don't really know your name but I do live in this city."

 

"My name is Krystal. Krystal Jung. The youngest princess of this kingdom," she said proudly.

 

Oh... so that's why people kept bowing at her when we pass by.

No wonder she reminds me a bit of Jessica.

 

"Ahh... so you're Jessi's little sister," I remarked, smiling at the little Jessica.

 

"You know my sister personally?"

 

"Yes, I'm her classmate and a close friend." and girlfriend

 

"Wait... What was your name again?" she asked. "I was zoning out when you said your name."

 

"Tiffany."

 

"S-sister-in-law?!" she exclaimed, her eyes going wide. I just stood there dumbfounded.

 

Ehh?! Sister-in-law?!

 

"You're unnie's girlfriend, right? Unnie told me a lot about you. Like how you are the love of her life and other cheesy lines that she kept on saying. I seriously wanted to puke when she does that though," she said, pretending to vomit. "She always talks about you that it feels like I know you personally."

 

I blushed from what she said.

 

Jessi.... You and I have some talking to do...

 

"Hey sister-in-law," she called.

 

"Ermmm... Please just call me unnie. I feel a bit weird when you call me like that."

 

"Okay then. Fany-unnie," she said and opened her arms wide . "We're already here back at the gates."

 

True to what Krystal said, we were already at the gates of the Palace.

 

Huh?!

We're already here?

I didn't even notice that.

 

"That's odd," she looked around. "Why are there no guards stationed here. There's supposed to be some."

 

I also looked around. I saw the feet of someone from the corner of my eyes. I stared at it then realized that it's the feet of the guard who I spoke with earlier. My eyes went wide when I saw him lying at the corner, blood trickling down on his head.

 

"UNNIE! HELP!" Krystal yelled

 

I immediately looked at her and saw her struggling then lost consciousness afterwards. I saw someone wearing black clothes and a black mask covering his face behind her, dragging her away to the black van that I saw this morning. The man had his hand on her face. He was holding a handkerchief over her nose and mouth, gagging her.

 

OMG! They're kidnapping Krystal!

 

I was about to help her when I felt a handkerchief on my face. The last thing I noticed was the strong pungent smell of ammonia before I saw everything turn to black.

 

 

 

A/N: Here's something major! Both Tiffany and Krystal got kidnapped by mysterious men! Who are they? What will happen to the both of them now? Tune in and find out!

Longest chapter by far with 2155 words.... phheww...

next chapter > back to prologue... so I guess all of you know who are the characters in the beginning , right? ;)

 

Rant: So my thoughts and wordings are all jumbled up at the moment. Can you tell in this update? Hehehehe.... I haven't eaten any meat this past few days and I need it in order to have a properly functioning brain. It's a good thing that just a few more days and I can finally eat meat as much as I want! Woohoo!

 

Thanks to AsukaEnergetic for the upvote! ^^