Deception

Oh My Princess!

*drawing Yuri is fun! Hehehe...

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

"Hey Jessi! It's me, Tiff," I greeted.

 

"..."

 

"Jessi?" I said after a minute of Jessica's unresponsiveness.

 

"..."

 

"Ummm... Jessi? Earth to Jessica. Yoohoo..." I greeted again. I turned towards Taeyeon. "I think the connection got lost, Taetae. Jessica's not answering me."

 

"Why don't you try calling her again?" Taeyeon suggested.

 

Before I could drop the call, Jessica responded.

 

"T-tiffany? I-is that really you?"

 

"Finally! You talked back! I thought the line got broken or something,"  I giggled. "Were you zoning out again"

 

"TIIIIFF! WAAAAHH!" Jessica wailed. I could hear her sobbing in the background.

 

"Hey... What's wrong? Are you alright? Please stop crying," I said anxiously.

 

"I-I was worried about you! I t-thought something bad happened to you!"

 

"I'm fine! Never been better," I said. "You don't have to be too concerned about me."

 

Well, my body is better than before. It actually surprises me that my injuries are already healing and only a few bruises still remain.

 

 

Is this a part of my power?

 

 

"Yeah, right," Taeyeon smirked as she poked one of my bruises.

 

I hissed at the slight pain and hit Taeyeon back as revenge.

 

"Owww..." she said as she rubs her arm.

 

"Where were you? I've been looking for you everywhere. Don't you know how worried sick I am? Why can't I contact your phone? You didn't answer any of my calls," Jessica assaulted me with a barrage of questions.

 

"Answer me, Tiff!" the blonde girl said frustratedly.

 

"I was hiking in the woods with Sunny. The reception is bad and the worst thing is, I dropped my phone in the river while I was crossing the footbridge," I lied, saying the said deception monotonously like I practiced.

 

 

I'm sorry, Jessi. I can't tell you the reason of my disappearance. I don't want you to know what really happened.

 

But if I did tell you, what should I say?

 

That I was kidnapped along with your sister? But don't worry; I think I killed all of those men who abducted us? Mercilessly burned them to their deaths?

 

I know. You'll hate me. You'll be disgusted by me. So instead, here I am telling a white lie, hoping that Krystal would keep her end of the bargain by not telling all of you what really transpired, just like she promised.

 

 

"You're such a klutz," she sighed, her crying finally stopped. "You're making me go crazy, you know?"

 

"I know. And I'm sorry," I apologized.

 

 

I'm sorry for everything.

 

 

"Don't be," she said. "I like being crazy... crazy in love with you."

 

I could feel my cheeks heating up with her comment.

 

"Oooohhh... someone's blushing," Taeyeon teased, poking my bruise once again.

 

"Shut it. Or else..." I warned her.

 

"Excuse me?" Jessica said. She probably heard what I uttered to Taeyeon.

 

"Oh, I was talking to Taeyeon. She's being obnoxious as usual."

 

"Heeeyy!" Taeyeon whined.

 

"Ah, I see." Jessica said. "Where are you right now?"

 

"At the dorms," I answered. "Why? Are you going to visit me?"

 

"Yes," she replied. "It's because I miss you so much."

 

"Okay. See you later, Jessi. I miss you too"

 

"Bye! I love you!"

 

"I'll love you too. Bye~"

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"You're still not hanging up, Tiff."

 

"You hang up, first."

 

"No, you first."

 

"Why don't we both hang up at the same time?"

 

"Okay. At the count of three..."

 

"One..."

 

"Two..."

 

"Three!"

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"Jessi!"

"Tiff!"

 

The both of us giggled.

 

"Will the two of you just hang up already?!" Taeyeon exclaimed."Oh gahhhd! My phone bill!"

 

"Bye, Jessi! I love you!"

 

"Love you more! Bye!"

 

With that, I ended our conversation.

 

"Party pooper," I grumbled to Taeyeon as I handed her her phone. The older girl slipped it back to her pocket.

 

"Oh Taeyeon! My wonderful friend! Thank you for letting me use your phone. I owe you one!" she said to herself while trying to mimic me. Her eyes were partly closed, imitating my eyesmile but failed miserably.

 

 

 

Yuri's POV

 

 

"That can't happen. It's ridiculous," I talked to myself as I sat on a chair inside Krystal's room, waiting for the girl to wake up. "There's no way she could do that..."

 

I couldn't help but recall how my shadow found the girl at the pavilion, sleeping. Every experiences and memories that my shadow have, ultimately reverts back to me as soon as she returns back to my body.

 

 

==

 

Passing through the environment, transferring from one object to the next, my shadow looked desperately at every sign of the younger princess. On intuition, Black Pearl glided towards Krystal's favorite place to hang out in, the pavilion.

 

A few minutes of searching every nook and cranny of the place, flapping of wings were heard, too loud to be that of an ordinary bird. The shadow looked up towards the sky to see what it was while hiding her presence. A girl with huge white wings was coming down from the skies, her red hair flowing against the wind. Upon closer inspection, Black Pearl noticed the girl was carrying another person, the royalty she was looking for.

 

She still couldn't believe her eyes as she saw the familiar crimson haired girl land gracefully even with the child in her arms.  She decided to stay in her position and watched as the older girl place the sleeping princess on a bench, whispering on the other's ear before she took to flight again.

 

Wasting no time, the shadow went to me. As soon as she merged back to my body, I acquired Black Pearl's memories including the princess' whereabouts. With the information, I immediately went to the pavilion after alerting the guards and carried the princess to her room.

 

==

 

 

"Aish... this won't do," I mumbled as I ruffled my hair, frustrated. "I guess I have to ask the people involved directly."

 

I got up from my seat and walked to the bed where Krystal was sleeping. I can no longer wait for Krystal to gain consciousness. My curiosity is killing me.

 

 

I hope she's not as violent as Sica when I wake her up.

 

 

"Hey Krystal... Wake up..." I said as I tapped her arm continuously. "Wake up, princess."

 

"Mmmmm... One more hour, mom..." she turned her back towards me, groaning.

 

I rolled my eyes at her remark and shook her shoulders more vigorously. "Wakey, wakey!"

 

"Hnnggg... Go away..." she responded while swatting my hands away from her shoulder.

 

"What am I gonna do with you?" I sighed, placing my hands on my waist.

 

 

Maybe I should use my method of waking Sica up on her. I'll just tweak a few words.

 

SIgh. This should better be worth it.

 

 

"YAH! KRYSTAL JUNG SOOJUNG! IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WAKE UP RIGHT NOW I'M GONNA EAT ALL OF YOUR MANGO ICE CREAM AND REPLACE IT WITH A CUCUMBER FLAVORED ONE!" I yelled.

 

"NOOOOO! DON'T YOU DARE!"

 

The younger princess woke up with a start. She then directed her hands on me.

 

Unfortunately for me, Krystal's attitude is the same as her older sister when her sleep is disturbed. Although not as savage as her sister where I could end up with a few broken bones, Krystal left me drenched from head to foot. It still hurt though, like being sprayed head on by a hose of a fire truck.

 

"You're finally up," I said as I wiped some of the water from my face.

 

"Unnie~" she whined after she calmed down. "Why did you wake me up? I'm tired. Can't I rest for a few more hours?"

 

"Sorry princess for waking you up. I have a lot of questions to ask of you but first..."  I squeezed the hem of my shirt, twisting it to drain the excess liquid from it. "I have to change my clothes first or else I'll catch a cold."

 

"I'll wait for you then..." she said.

 

I took my leave and went towards my room in the palace. Yes, I have my own room in the palace since I'm here almost all the time. I changed my clothes as fast as I can and went back immediately towards Krystal's room, only to find her sleeping.

 

 

Sigh... here we go again.

 

 

 

 

A/N: A short update (for my standards anyway). I just wanted to post some new chapter since it’s been too long since the last… and since it’s Yuri’s birthday! Heck, even I forgot some details that I’ve written in the previous chapters. Lol.  

 

Happy Yuri Corn Day to all of you!

 

Thanks to Miakoda, forevergorJESS9, YYjjang, taefany18, betaomega, and fanymhieyo for the upvotes! ^^