Royal Assembly

Oh My Princess!

 

 

 

Jessica's POV:

 

 

I was seated at the edge of the room, inspecting my fingernails out of pure boredom. Yuri's beside me, looking bored as well as she fiddled with the ballpen that she was holding. I should be in the comfort of my bed right now, sleeping, but I had to wake up early. The kingdoms' rulers were having a meeting in our palace. The four kings were seated at a round table in the center of the room, talking about various things about the government and other affairs. Their assistants were also at the edge of the room, taking notes and whatnots. There were only adults in sight except for Yuri and I.

 

I sighed as they continued to talk about political matters. As a crowned princess, I really should focus on the topics they were talking about but I just couldn't put my mind into it. It was too technical for my taste. Even if I forced myself to, I would just find myself dozing off after a while.

 

Note to self: Read a book on how to sleep with eyes open.

 

It would have been better if I had my cellphone right now and play some games on it, or better yet, spazz on Tiffany's candid shots. I could stare at them all day and not get bored. But I can't seem to find my cellphone anywhere in the palace even with the servants' help. It took me a while before I realized that I must've dropped it off at Tiff's.

 

The phone rang~
5,6,7,8~
Pick up! Pick up! Pick up! Pick up! Pick up! Pick up! >

 

The loud sound of someone's ringtone disturbed the discussion going on. I looked around to find the culprit who forgot to put his/her phone into silent mode, silently thanking him/her for disrupting the meeting for a while.


 
zoockzoockzoockzoock!
zoockzoockzoockzoock!
Pyororong~
Pyororong~
Why not answer?>

 

Yuri fidgeted from her seat and took out her cellphone. I looked at her beet red face and smirked at her.

 

"I'm sorry for the commotion, I have to take this call," she stood up from her seat and darted towards the door, bowing to the people as she passed by. After a few minutes, she entered the room again only to ask for permission to leave the premises. She left soon after.

 

How lucky...

She can escape from this boring place...

 

"Jessica, my eldest daughter, come and sit beside me," My father said after a couple of hours talking to the other kings, making me a bit shocked from the sudden address. He asked a servant afterwards to bring him an additional chair for me to sit in.

 

"Yes, father," I walked towards him as gracefully as possible and not the usual sergeant type of walk that Yuri makes fun of.

 

I glanced at the king of Jujak beside me and cannot help but to suppress my smile when I saw him after I sat.  He has always been my childhood crush eversince I laid my eyes on him. Don't get me wrong though, he may be my crush but Tiffany is still the one for me.

 

"Do you know why I asked you to be here?" My father asked as he gazed at me.

 

I shook my head. "I'm sorry. I don't know father."

 

"Let me tell you then," he said seriously. "The four of us decided to let the royal family members to be educated at one academy, our academy to be exact, for a brief period in order to strengthen our ties with each other. This will benefit the four kingdoms greatly in the future in terms of the camaraderie of the next successors of the thrones. Do you understand?"

 

"Yes, father."

 

"All of the royalties will have to stay at the dorms, including you and Yuri. As such, I want the both of you to oversee their stay to be sure that they are comfortable with the new environment," he looked around. "Where is Yuri, by the way?"

 

"She went out for a while."

 

"I see," He  raised his hand in the air. One of the butlers stood behind him immediately.

 

"Call Yuri back right N.O.W," he commanded. The butler nodded his head and left the room hurriedly.

 

"Since everything had been taken care of, I have to go back to my kingdom. I have some pressing matters to attend to," the king of Hyeonmu said as he stood up and proceeded towards the door without turning back.

 

"Tsk, tsk. That Jinyoung is such a workaholic! What happened to the happy-go-lucky guy in the past?" My father mumbled, earning a few chuckles from the rest of the kings.

 

"Beimg surrounded by handsome guys probably made him that way. Isn't that right?" Jujak's king said. And I couldn't agree more. Compared to the three, Hyeonmu's king has a very homely face.

 

"I guess the meeting is finally over then?" Baekho's king said, smiling.

 

"Yes, King Jonghyun. You can also go now."

 

"Thanks," he said, standing up. He was almost at the door when he looked back, grinning. "Oh right, I almost forgot.  I already found my hyung. It seems that he's back in Korea."

 

"That's great! We haven't seen that baby-faced man in almost seventeen years," Jujak's king cheered, showing his thousand-megawatt smile.

 

King Jonghyun waved goodbye and left. The two remaining kings looked at each other, nodded their heads, and then turned to me. I gulped nervously seeing their serious expressions. I felt something bad was about to happen.

 

"Now that we're the only ones left, we would like to discuss your future that our fathers, the former kings, arranged. It may seem like a shock to you but you have no choice but to carry it out." My father said, sounding grave. There was a hint of reluctance in his voice.

 

"I think you should continue what I am trying to say, Van," he sighed and looked at the man next to me. "I don't think I can break the news to her."

 

"Very well then. It can't be helped," King Van said, "You have always been a softhearted one despite your cold appearance especially to your family."

 

He focused his gaze on me. My heart beat fast from the suspense. If this was a different time, I would probably faint from his attention.

 

"Princess Jessica, you are to be engaged to the one next in line in Jujak's throne," he said, his gaze turning soft.

 

WHAAAAAAT?!

 

My heart stopped for a moment. My breathing becomes hitched as I forgot how to properly breath from the sudden news.

 

"You are going to marry my niece, Im Yoona."

 

 

 

 

A/N: Looks like someone's got a crush on someone. Beware of HellFany when she finds out! >:D

The rest of the girls will be coming soon to spice things up!

 

On Jessica's arrange marriage, you might be wondering "Where the hell did that come from?!" TBH, I don't know either. I just wanted to add some drama... meh. Don't worry it's just that... drama.I don't want my OTPs not ending up with each other.

 

Thanks to soonyu and KalakiMae for the upvote! ^^