White Wings

Oh My Princess!

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

"Oh right... How are we going to go back? We don't know where we are and how far we are to the kingdom," Krystal mused.

 

"Leave that to me!" Haetae said as he stood up and turned his back towards us.

 

"Hop on!"

 

Krystal and I rode on his back reluctantly. Krystal was in front of me just to make sure that she won't fall over.

 

It was already dark when we could finally escape from the warehouse. I held Haetae's mane tightly when I almost fell from his back as he surged forward, out of the warehouse and into the forest surrounding the place. The surroundings turned blur as he galloped in the night using his powerful legs. He was so fast that I assumed that we were already meters away from the site.

 

After a few minutes of riding, Krystal fell asleep due to exhaustion from the day's events. I looked at her sleeping face and can't help but think of Jessica. I wonder if she already knew that we were missing. She must be worried and turned into Hellsica by now.

 

A few hours into riding, Haetae was panting. His speed dropped significantly. He stopped running and laid on the ground.

 

Urrghh.. I don't think I can go on anymore. It's been a long time since I exerted myself to strenuous activities plus my body feels heavy from all the fire that I ate. You should go on your own now.

 

What?!

 

I'll turn up beside you later. For now, I have to get back to the heavenly realm and rest. Then, I'll have to register you as my master afterwards.

Ugh... I hate paperworks.

 

How could we return back to the kingdom? I don't know which way to go.

 

Trust your instincts. Besides, you have your wings right? I think it's finally time for you to finally use it.

 

It's also a long time for me since I last flew. I don't know if I can do that anymore. And what about Krystal? What should I do with her?

 

Carry her, of course. With your strength, it wouldn't be impossible.

 

Can't you see the state that I'm in? I'm all battered up. I can't even move my arms and legs without wincing in pain.

 

Fine... Get down from my back. I'll heal you up and turn you back into your original state even though it will take all my remaining energy.

 

I slid down from his back. He faced towards me and blew his breath on me, magically healing my wounds and giving me more energy.

 

When was the last time you brushed your teeth? Your breath stinks. Hehehe...

 

Whatever, princess. I should get going now. But first, get Krystal off of me or I might bring her back to our realm accidentally.

 

I took the girl out of the lion's back and carried her in my arms. She stirred from my actions but still continued to sleep.

 

A heavy sleeper like my Jessie...

 

Haetae gave me a slight nod before he placed his paw before him, opening up a portal. He leaped in the said portal and disappeared.

 

Now what should I do?

 

Maybe I really should try flying again.

 

I slightly arched my back as my hidden wings unfurled, shredding the fabric of my shirt. The white feathers on my wings rippled lightly to the night's cool breeze as I stretched my wings to its full length. I tried flailing my wings as a sort of exercise and a means to get used to the feeling of flying again.

 

I flapped my wings when I jumped just what I always did when I was a child to take-off into the skies but I failed to create lift. It wasn't then that I remembered that I was holding Krystal. My wings will be carrying a heavier load than what it was naturally intended to be so it will be more difficult to generate airflow in order to take off. I faced into the direction of the wind and ran as fast as I can, holding Krystal securely. I flapped my wings multiple times as I leaped into the air, finally being successful.

 

I smiled widely as I looked down on the vast land below me. The town lights over the horizon looks like Christmas lights with their different colors and intensity. The feeling of air beneath my wings is what I missed the most.

 

Like what Haetae said, I trusted my instincts and turned to the eastern direction to go to the Cheongryong Empire. I know that I have bad directional skills on land but that wasn't the case when I'm flying in the air. It's as if comparing the size of an ant to an elephant in terms of navigation.

 

Upon alternating between flapping and gliding, we finally arrived at the palace. It took longer than I thought it would be, probably just a few more minutes before twilight. The winds were strong that it made it more difficult to fly. I looked around the palace while I'm still on the sky, searching for a good place to drop off the younger princess without anyone taking notice of me. My eyes gazed upon a small building surrounded by a lake and trees.

 

Aha! The pavilion!

 

I lowered my altitude as I circled over the place, thinking up of ways on how to land safely. I slowly went downwards and arched my wings when I was almost at the ground, pulling up beforehand. I skidded to a stop on the entrance of the pavilion and walked inside it. I laid Krystal gently on one of its benches and bade goodbye even if she was still sleeping.

 

"You're safe now," I whispered in her ear.

 

I exited the pavilion and darted towards the sky again, this time heading straight to the dorms. I flapped my wings tiredly, my energy completely drained even with the help of Haetae earlier. I was almost at the dorms when fatigue completely overtaken my body. I fell towards the ground, spiraling down violently before I out once again.

 

 

 

A/N: Tiffany also has a guardian named Haetae. The lion dude is not included in the four gods though. He's actually Seoul's mascot in reality. I also left a hint about him on one of my A/Ns. Kudos to those who got it!

 

Next update: Jessica's side of the story.

 

The pic on the last chapter is too big. =__= I don't know how to resize it. Sorry.