Guardian Summoning: The Azure Dragon

Oh My Princess!

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

 

I reluctantly let go of Tiffany's hand. She entered the device with heavy footsteps. I could still feel the warmth of her hands on mine.

 

It should be fine, right? It will only be for a minute.

 

Based on what I observed earlier, she might have claustrophobia. I don't know the reasons for her to have that kind of fear but I hope she would be okay.

 

"I hope she'll be alright. She gets jittery when she's inside enclosed spaces eversince she was young." the girl next to me said.

 

Sunny, was it? I think I saw her once at the palace in the past with Butler Lee. To think that she is a friend of Tiffany. What are the odds?

 

"I'm sorry to be blunt, your highness, but, do you perhaps like my friend?" she asked.

 

I could feel my cheeks heat up with her question.

 

Should I answer her or not? I don't know if I can trust her. Ack! What should I do?!

 

"You don't have to answer me anymore." she looked at me knowingly, "I could easily tell that you like her."

 

Wait a minute! Can she read minds?!

 

"Oh and I can't read other people's thoughts."

 

"B-but h-how did you...?"

 

"I could tell by your flushed face and your reactions." she giggled, "And besides, I'm of the pheromone type so I kinda feel other people's emotions."

 

I gaped at her. To think that other people besides Yuri knows of my feelings towards Tiffany left me shocked.

 

Am I that obvious?

 

All of a sudden, I smelled something weird. My face scrunched up due to the scent that seems to be coming from the machine. Smoke was rising from its edges. A few seconds later, I heard a scream. It was Tiffany's.

 

I noticed there were sparks lighting up all over the machine's wirings. It turned into a full-blown fire, hot and raging, destroying and melting the metal.

 

Oh my God! Tiffany!

 

I froze from my spot, not knowing what to do. All the while, I could hear the frantic screaming, yelling, and rustling around me.

 

Chaos everywhere.

 

I could hear Butler Lee call an emergency on his phone while giving directions to everyone on the site.


"Hey! Snap out of it!" Sunny shook me fervently, trying to wake me up from my stupor. "Do something! Anything! Use your powers for God's sake!"

 

Right! This is not the time to be in a daze.

 

I summoned all of my strength to put an end to the blazing fire. I shot my ice balls at the base of the fire continuously in order to freeze it up but it was of no use. My ice melted even before it could get close to the fire. It felt as if it was no ordinary fire. Maybe all the stored up magic in the machine made the flames resistant to my attacks.

 

Please don't fail me now! I have to save my Tiffany!

 

I fired and fired but still no luck. The flames only got bigger with time passing. My energy is depleting and is almost running out. Tears were streaming down on my face.

 

I have to save her! I have to!

 

Do you really want to save her?

An unearthly voice reverberated through my head

 

I have no time for this!

 

Just answer me, young one.

 

Of course!

Who are you? What do you want?

 

I am the guardian of your family.

I am Cheongryong, the azure dragon.

Call me forth, and I shall help you in your conquest.

 

I looked down on my feet. On the ground was a magic circle glowing bright blue.  There were ancient runes that surrounded the magic circle. Runes that I haven't seen before but I could read it as if I had known all along.

 

Chant it.

 

"I summon thee, Cheongryong, the azure dragon.
One of the four gods of the heavenly realm.
The one who rules over water and ice.
Lend me your strength.
For I am your master, and you, my servant.
Heed my command and burst forth from your hiding!"

 

The magic circle on the ground grew brighter. The runes written on it separated from the main sphere  started to creep up towards me, engraving my body with its characters as it passed by.

 

It assembled into my right arm, pooling itself to form yet another magic circle. I could feel the energy from it, saturating my body with its raw power.

 

Release me.

 

I did as I was told. I aimed at the fire and released the energy, supporting my right hand with my left. From my hand emerged a dragon made out of ice, its scales glittering in the sunlight. It was a majestic yet surreal sight. It enclosed the flames on the machine and passed through it, making the fire turn into ice.

 

After every flame had been put out, Cheongryong went back towards me and dissipated. The markings on my body disappeared as soon as the dragon was gone except on my right palm. It left behind a symbol of a dragon coiled around itself.

 

You can summon me anytime.

Cheongryeong whispered inside my head. I could tell that he has already vanished since I could no longer feel his presence.

 

As soon as the coast was clear, I made a rapier from ice. I slashed my way inside the machine and found Tiffany slumped on the ground. I checked her pulse and sighed in relief when I saw that she was breathing. I carried her out of the badly damaged device, bridal styled, out into the courtyard and out of the hellish nightmare that she was in.

 

 

 

A/N:

This is what Jessica's magic circle looks like. Sorry if I can't describe it well. My writing skills in that area . TT_TT

 

Yes.Tiffany has claustrophobia. It triggered her past memories (or is it >:D) in her subconsciousness, hence the headache.

 

Welcome new subscribers! And to those who commented, Thank You!

 

Thank you to manganese55 for upvoting. ^^