X Fluke

Oh My Princess!

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

"Ah yes, Ms. Moon. We had been expecting you," a petite woman seating on a swivel chair said as soon as I entered. Based on the name plate placed on the desk in front of her, I could assume that she's the discipline head, Ms. Kwon Boa. On her left and right sides were the members of the committee.

 

"Please sit down."

 

I was sweating bullets from all the anxiety as I took a seat in front of them. I don't know what I did wrong for me to be here.

 

"Do you know why you have been summoned here?" she asked as she looked at me seriously.

 

"I d-don't know, Ms. Kwon.  D-did I do something wrong?" I stuttered.

 

She opened her drawer and took a folder from it. She showed me the contents of the folder which are sheets of paper with my name on it. "Do you know what these are?"

 

"My answer sheets?" I guessed.

 

Why is she holding them?

 

"Yes, that is correct, and so are all of your answers in the exams."

 

My eyes widened in shock. Perfecting them didn't even crossed my mind.

 

I aced the exams?!

It couldn't be...

 

"From having average grades, tell me, how did you manage to do it?" she asked, scrutinizing me closely.

 

Wait...
They think that I cheated on the exams?!

 

"I didn't cheat! I swear!" I blurted. "Please believe me!"

 

"I believe her."

 

I turned towards the sound of the voice to find Uncle Lee walking towards us.

 

"Ah, you're here, Headmaster." All of us in the room stood up from our seats and bowed at the newcomer.

 

"Are you here for Ms. Moon's case?"

 

"Yes, I am. Is everythi--"

 

A series of loud knocks interrupted Uncle Lee from speaking.

 

"OPEN UP!" A muffled yell was heard outside the room. "I SAID OPEN UP!"

 

The high pitched voice was so familiar that I wouldn't mistake it for someone else's.

 

Jessica?

 

"I'll take care of this," Uncle Lee said as he walked back towards the door.

 

I caught a glimpse of the one who made the disturbance when Uncle Lee exited the room. It really was Jessica, no doubt.

 

What is she doing here?

 

"Let's review about your case again," Ms. Kwon said after a few minutes of awkward silence. "The reason why you're here is because we suspect you of cheating, just to make it clear. It would not have been an issue if you scored really high with only a couple of mistakes but having no mistakes at all is highly unattainable."

 

"Cheating in this academy has dire punishments to those who commit the act. It's not just a slap on the wrist that you'll be getting. Depending on the severity and frequency, you could face expulsion from this school."

 

"I know the punishments," I looked at her straight in the eyes. I don't want to give her any more doubt by looking away from her. "but I swear I didn't cheat."

 

"How can you prove it?"

 

"Let me retake the exams."

 

The members murmured among themselves when they heard about my suggestion. The discipline head shushed them and continued speaking.

 

"And how can we be sure that you won't cheat this time?" she said.

 

"Because I won't. You could even supervise me while I'm answering."

 

"Why would we do that? We could always just suspend you." a man said arrogantly. He looked bored and seemed like he wanted to get this over with.

 

I clenched my fists, trying to suppress my anger towards the man.

 

"Now, now. We're not that harsh as to subject a student to a punishment without proving her misdeeds." Ms. Kwon said.

 

"Let her go. The headmaster believes in her. Surely, she could be trusted," another member of the committee spoke.

 

"We can't just let her go either. Not until she is proven truly innocent."

 

"Hmmm... This surely is a troublesome matter," Ms. Kwon muttered as she rubbed her temple. "The girl's suggestion is the most logical one by far."

 

She sighed and turned towards a member, "Could you please check up on the headmaster and invite him back inside. We need him to decide on things."

 

The woman nodded and went outside to fetch the said man. After a while, both of them entered.

 

"So... have you made a decision yet?" Uncle Lee asked.

 

"No, not yet. We were hoping you could help us with your knowledge. I think letting her retake the tests in front of us all is the most sensible choice."

 

"I see. It is indeed logical. We could easily prove if she had indeed cheated or not by looking at her new scores. If she gets perfect grades or maybe one or two wrong answers, she will be deemed as innocent and will be free of charge. If some of you have any more suggestions on how to proceed, please speak up."

 

Seeing that no one is speaking, Ms. Kwon continued, "Is there anyone in this room that does not agree in letting her retake the exams?"

 

"None?" she looked at everyone in the room. "Okay then, the student in question will remain here until she finishes her exams. No one is allowed to let her exit the room nor let anyone besides the committee to enter."

 

She picked up the phone next to her and dialed someone. "Hello. Is this the faculty office? Please make another set of exams for the 2nd year... Just for one... Yes, you could take some questions from the test bank... Difficult questions are most welcomed... Two hours before it will be finished? Okay. We're willing to wait... Please bring it to the discipline committee office. Thank you for your hard work. Goodbye and have a nice day."

 

"You have two hours left before you take the exams again. I suggest you use your time wisely," she instructed as she gazed at me. I nodded at her and opened my bag to take out some of my books afterwards. I didn't bring along books for some of the subjects so I had to make do with my notes from copying lectures.

 

Might as well review for the test...  again.

 

I sighed as I scanned my notes for the nth time. I really don't like reading things over and over again. It feels too repetitive and wasteful.   An hour later, I got bored and couldn't take it anymore so I stopped studying. I'll just have to rely on my stock knowledge and hoped to pass the test once again. I spent the remaining time either doodling on my notebook or humming songs which earned me a dazed and astonished look from everyone in the room.

 

A few minutes later, Ms. Kim entered the room and passed Ms. Kwon some papers. They talked for a bit and the former soon left after.

 

"This is a comprehensive test that consists of four hundred questions. You have four hours to complete it. We will be watching you while you answer." Ms. Kwon said as she placed my exam on the desk and took my bag afterwards. "I'll be taking your bag for necessary precautions. You can get it back from me after you have finished."

 

I answered the test as fast yet precise as I could since I don't want to stay in this room anymore. It wasn't that hard since the questions are not that difficult as I thought it would be. I realized that it was getting late when I looked at my watch after I checked all of my answers. It shows that it was already 7:00 pm. I started at around five so it means that I took two hours to finish and more than four hours since I was summoned to go here.

 

I got up from my seat and passed the papers. The discipline head handed me back my bag and told me to stay while they checked my exam.

 

"Congratulations! It seems like your scores weren't a fluke and that you didn't cheat. You aced your exams again. Like promised, we will free you of your charge. You may take your leave now." Ms. Kwon said, smiling as she gave me back my exam with a big 100 written in red ink.

 

Woohoo! Perfect! Two exams in a row!

This is so unbelievable!

 

One by one, the members took their leave. I was about to exit the room also when Uncle Lee stopped me.

 

"Congratulations! I knew you had it in you!" he said as he tapped my shoulders. Tears started to fall from my eyes. I was too happy from the fact that I had achieved something great.

 

"Well, I think I shouldn't keep you here any longer. The princess might still be waiting for you so you should go now."

 

Hearing that Jessica might be waiting for me, I rushed outside. I saw her seated next to the door, an anxious look on her face could be seen.

 

"JESSIIIII!!!"

 

She stood up when she saw me. I lunged at her and embraced her, burying my face in her neck.

 

"Shhh... Don't cry," she rubbed my back soothingly. "What happened?"

 

My naughty side surfaced once again. I know I shouldn't right now but I couldn't help myself. I was too happy at the moment.

 

"Jessi... I... I got expelled." I said to her, trying hard not to laugh so hard. Jessica must had thought that I was still crying for she hugged me tighter. She didn't know that the shaking was not because of crying but of laughter.

 

I pulled myself away from her and showed her my most devious grin.

 

"Hah! I fooled you! I was only kidding! Hahahaha!" I held my tummy from laughing too much. Jessica glared at me and walked away, obviously annoyed.

 

Maybe I have pushed her too much.

 

"No! Jessi, wait up!" I yelled as I followed her. "Please don't leave me! I'm sorry!"

 

"I'm sorry! I won't tease you again!" I hooked my arns on her waist and pressed my body against her back, resulting in a backhug. "Please forgive me."

 

Seeing that she still had that annoyed look on her pretty face, I kissed her cheeks continuously until I heard her sigh in defeat, her face flushed. I smiled in triumph.

 

I know you couldn't resist me, Jessi...

 

 

 

 

A/N: TrollFany and TrollAuthor strikes again! >:D

 

Rant: My oppa just had a surgery, for slip disk or something. He's fine now though. I was rather grossed out when he showed me a bottle containing a piece of his bone or muscle tissue that was taken away from him. It looked like an aborted fetus. Seriously, it was disgusting. =___="

 

THANKS to DandyuJjang for the upvote! ^^