Cleaning Duties

Oh My Princess!

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“You really don’t know Jessica Jung? Where have you been all your life?!” I asked Tiffany while cleaning the windows using a wet rag. Tiffany, on the other hand, is busy mopping the floor. Ms. Kim both gave us some punishment because of my outburst earlier. I’m handling the windows since shortie over here can’t reach the high places.

 

“I lived in America when I was a child. I only came here in Korea after Uncle Sooman took me in,” she said as a matter of fact.

 

“Don’t they teach you about royal families in your previous school?”

 

“I think they did but by the time I enrolled there, they have already finished with the lessons and moved on to the next one,” Fany explained.

 

Oh I see. So that’s why she doesn’t know her.

 

“Why? Am I in trouble? Is…  is Jessica Jung a royalty?! She panicked and dropped the mop on the floor.

 

“Unfortunately, yes. She is the oldest daughter of this kingdom’s ruler. She’s also the crowned princess. She’s probably also the second meanest out of them right after the king of the Hyeonmu Empire, Park Jin Young. Rumor is that she can turn you into a block of ice after giving you her icy glare.” A shiver ran down my spine.

 

“I am kinda worried about her being a royalty, but I don’t think anyone could do that. It’s impossible.”

“It is possible. Every member of the royal family have their own set of powers and magical abilities. The Jung family who rules this kingdom commands the element of water and ice. Also, their golden eyes can hypnotize anyone except the other royalties. Almost anyone is wary of Jessica. The only exception is her best friend, or I would like to say her loyal dog, Kwon Yuri.”

 

“Is she the tall girl with long black hair and has a dark complexion?”

 

“Yes. To be honest, I really don’t understand how they keep up with each other. Well, one thing’s for sure, you better keep away from them. And you better not piss them off or else your life would be a living hell. Its better if you can keep away from them”

 

“I see.” Tiffany said weakly.

 

We resumed our tasks after talking. After a few minutes, we finally finished cleaning. Holy fudge! I’m sooo hungry… ehem.. I mean tired. Ack! Who am I kidding?! I need some snacks!

 

“Fany –ah…I nearly forgot. I have to tour you around the campus, right?” I saw her nod.

 

Hehehe… first stop: cafeteria. I’m such a genius, hitting two birds with a stone. Hmmm… now what should I order once we get there? I hope there are still some triple chocolate cake left… and spaghetti… and chicken…

 

 

Fany’s POV

 

“Uhmm… Soo… Sooyoung” I poked her shoulders seeing she is in such a daze. I wonder what she’s thinking right now, must be the itinerary for the campus tour later.

 

“Yes, Tiffany?” She said after what seems to be a minute. She must have planned a lot of places to go to.
 

“Let’s put these cleaning utensils back to the janitor room and we also need to dispose of the dirty water at the bathroom.” I pointed at the pail containing the said water. “I’ll return the rags and the mop while you handle the other. Is that fine with you?”

 

“Okay… more time to do stuff.”

 

“Let’s meet at the stairs afterwards”

 

After we parted our ways, I walked towards the janitor room at the end of the hallway. I placed the items neatly on the shelf. As soon as I closed the room, I heard a scream that came from the comfort room. I immediately rushed towards the place to find Sooyoung drenched in water, empty pail in her hands. Standing next to her are the two persons that we talked about earlier. The people that we should avoid at all costs: Jessica Jung and Kwon Yuri.

 

TBC