Prince

Oh My Princess!

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

I opened my eyes to see a pink dog-like creature staring right at me. Its head is only a few centimeters away from mine.

 

"What the?!" I yelped in surprise at the dog's proximity.

 

"Oh good. You're finally awake," the strange dog said.

 

I looked at the dog closely and noticed that it has a golden bell on its collar and white gloves on its paws. It also has small white feathery wings on its back and a small horn protruding from the top of its head. For some reason, he reminds me of someone.

 

I think I'm still dreaming. How could a dog have wings and a horn? And it's pink!

Well, not that I mind though...

Maybe if I close my eyes and open them again after a few minutes, it will be gone.

 

So I closed my eyes and tried to resume sleeping.

 

"HEY! WAKE UP! I'm talking to you!" The dog kept nudging me but I refused to open my eyes.

 

This dream is so realistic.

 

 I felt a very strong pain on my forehead that made me sit up on the bed suddenly, making the pink creature get thrown on the floor.

 

"Yah! Did you just flick my forehead?!" I asked incredulously at the dog that is now on the floor, rubbing his bum because of the fall.

 

"What?! Of course not! How could I flick your forehead? I don't even have opposable thumbs! See?" he said as he held up his hands. His eyes went wide. "Ooops. Sorry. I forgot that I do have thumbs in this form. But I swear I didn't flick your forehead! I just poked you with my horn. Don't worry it's not bleeding."

 

"Wha- Eventhough it's not bleeding, you don't just poke people in the head! That's not nice," I complained. "Anyways, just who or what are you? And what are you doing in my room?"

 

"You don't recognize me?" the dog asked, tilting its head.

 

Waahhh... so cute!

 

"Ummm... no. Sorry," I replied.

 

"It's me, Haetae, your awesome guardian," he roared, puffing his chest. "The best of the best in the heavenly realm! Aren't you glad that you have me as your guardian?"

 

"Haetae?! Are you really?! The one in my dream is bigger and more... how should I say this... more badass," I remembered. "You're puny... and pinker."

 

"Hey! That's foul! I prefer the term cuter instead. I'm in energy conserving mode that's why I appear like this instead of my true form," he explained. "Besides, the color of my fur in this mode depends on my master's favorite color. So basically, it's your fault why I'm pink."

 

"Then... it was not a dream," I whispered crestfallen.

 

"What is?"

 

"Yesterday's events."

 

"Of course not. Everything that happened to you is real. By the way, you and I were amazing yesterday."

 

"But my clothes?" I said as I looked at my pajamas and looked around the familiar bedroom. "And I'm currently in my room right now. In my comfy bed."

 

"Don't you remember?" he asked.

 

"All I remember was being really tired while I was flying."

 

"Oh, right. You were unconscious. Your friend Taeyeon saved you before you go...peeeewwww..." he made a motion with his thumb going down as if falling. "...splat on the ground. She brought you here and changed your clothes."

 

I gripped my pajamas closer to my body. "By chance, did she... you know..."

 

As much as I trust Taeyeon with my life, I know for a fact that she's a byun through and through.

 

"Don't worry. She didn't do any funny things while you were unconscious. I would have bitten her hands off if she did. You see, even if I wasn't with you physically during that time, rest assured that I have my eyes on you 24/7. Well, except when SNSD is being broadcasted on TV. That's the only time I won't be looking at you." he remarked.

 

"I swear, those girls are goddesses. I saw those nine back in the heavenly realm. And that Miyoung girl is the best. Hands down," he spazzed as he leaned on the door of my room.

 

"O...kay, fanboy," I said.

 

Sooyeon is the best though.

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

After watching some cartoons on TV, I decided to check up on Tiffany's condition.

 

I wonder if Ppany is awake now.

 

I turned the doorknob gently, avoiding making a sound as to not disturb Tiffany if she's still sleeping. As I opened the door slightly, I could hear some sounds inside. Hearing her voice, I am sure that she's now conscious.

 

"Tiffany! You're up!" I chirped as I swung open the door excitedly.

 

*thud*

 

I think I hit something.

 

"Nngg..." I heard someone groaning near my feet.

 

"I'm sor--Oh my gosh! What the heck is that... that thing?!" I exclaimed as I saw a pink creature lying near me.

 

"Be more careful next time, missy," the thing said, brushing some dust off from his body as he stood up on his feet.

 

"Holy mother of peas! I-it can talk!" I said, surprised.

 

"Of course I can talk," the dog replied. "And I bet you have never seen anything as wonderful as me."

 

"Taetae!" Tiffany jumped from the bed and ran towards me. She embraced me tight. "I thought I would never be able to see you again!"

 

"Why? What exactly happened, Ppany-ah?" I asked her, gently removing her hold on me. I looked straight at her weary eyes

 

"Let's sit down first. This may take a while," she said and went back towards the bed.

 

After both of us have seated on the bed, Tiffany told me everything that happened to her yesterday. Everything. Even the tiniest of details. I, in turn, told her how I was able to find her and what I did to save her.

 

"So you used it again just like I did after so many years," Tiffany commented.

 

"Yeah. It can't be helped. Both of our circumstances require us to use them," I sighed.

 

I looked at the pink creature lying on its belly on the floor. "So you mean that that thing-"

 

"The name is Haetae. Or if you prefer, call me Mr. Awesome," the arrogant dog butted in.

 

"Whatever..." I mumbled, rolling my eyes at his introduction.

 

"This thi- I mean Haetae is your guardian? He doesn't look powerful or majestic enough to be one." I asked incredulously. "I thought there were only four guardians in existence and they would only be guarding royalties."

 

"I dunno," the girl with crimson hair shrugged.

 

"And if he is really a guardian, what is he doing here and not in the other realm? Guardians are only supposed to be here if they are summoned by those royalties," I added.

 

"I told you. It's because I'm great!" he answered.

 

"Oh puh-lease."

 

"Besides, not every royalty can summon us and those who can conjure us doesn't exactly mean that they are royalties as well."

 

"I see," I turned towards the supposed to be guardian who is now circling around me, sniffing my scent. "And stop smelling me. You're creeping me out. "

 

"Don't worry, Taetae. Just think of Haetae as a normal dog, sniffing things as part of his nature."

 

"Fine," I answered, puffing my cheeks. "But if he dares to smell me again, especially on that part of my body, I swear I'll kick him up to the galaxy."

 

"Haetae, why did you smell her anyways? Does she stink?" Tiffany asked. She went near me and started to get a whiff of my scent as well.

 

"Yah! I just took a bath earlier!" I complained, pushing her back to her place.

 

"Master, she smells a lot like someone I know but I can't exactly put a finger on who exactly it is," The pink dog said as he leaped to the bed and rested his head on Tiffany's lap.

 

"And don't you think that Haetae and Taetae is a bit confusing? Change his name to something else," I said to Tiffany.

 

"Hmmm... you're right. It does sound confusing," Tiffany pondered, while she scratched her guardian behind the ears absentmindedly. "I'll call Haetae Haechi... or maybe Prince Fluffy instead. It sounds cuter. Maybe I'll call him Haetae when he is in original mode and Prince when he is in this form."

 

"Sounds good to me," the dog, who is now called Prince, agreed. "Besides, I don't want other people to know of my existence as a guardian. Like the missy said, there are only four guardians that people know of. Let's make it stay that way. Otherwise, my master might get into some sort of trouble especially when the media finds out."

 

"What about your wings and your pink fur? People could tell that you're not just an ordinary dog," Tiffany asked.

 

"Except those with blue blood and those who knows of my true nature, like this missy over here," he pointed to me. "others will see me as a normal dog. A white Maltese with a golden bell on its collar to be exact."

 

"That's... convenient," I said.

 

"Yeah. And the only thing that I have to do is bark instead of talking so that others won't be freaked out. It's one of my powers as a guardian."

 

"What is a guardian anyways?" Tiffany asked. "What exactly do they do?"

 

"I'll tell you later. But for now, I'm sensing that you talking to someone else is more important right now. Especially for that person."

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

"I look horrible," I sighed as I looked at myself in front of a mirror near the sink after splashing my face with some water.

 

I have dark eyebags under my eyes because I haven't even slept a wink all night. My hair is unkempt and tangled from running around everywhere looking for the two of my loved ones and add the fact that I kept ruffling my hair in frustration at least once an hour.

 

"Where are you two?" I whispered. "I hope you guys are safe."

 

We all waited all night for any calls from the kidnappers asking for some ransom but there was none which I found weird and strange for some reason. The kidnappers should have called us and demanded if Tiffany and Krystal were indeed kidnapped.

 

"Your highness! Your highness! Princess Jessica!" A servant yelled, probably trying to find me.

 

"WHAT?!" I yelled back, annoyed at the loudness of the servant's voice. I get irked very easily more so than usual because of all the stress and lack of sleep.

 

I went out of the bathroom to go see this servant and give her a piece of my mind. As soon as she saw me, she immediately bowed.

 

"Tell me, what do you want? If it's not important, I'll punish you right this instant for disturbing me."

 

"I'm sorry, your highness, but Miss Kwon told me to tell you that the young princess has already been found within the palace grounds early this morning."

 

I sighed, relieved that my sister has been found. "Where is she now?"

 

"She's in her room, your highness."

 

I sprinted towards my sister's chamber as soon as the servant told me where she is.

 

If my sister is already found, then Tiffany might have been sighted with her.

 

I opened the door to my sister's room and saw that she was soundly sleeping. My parents were already inside as well as Yuri, Yoona, and Seohyun.

 

"How is she?" I asked the family's doctor.

 

"She's fine. Her condition is stable. She's just tired, that's all. There are some minor scratches and a bruise on her temple but other than that, there are no injuries that could threaten her life. I have already healed those using my powers so your highness need not to worry," the doctor replied.

 

"Thank the heavens," I muttered. I looked at everyone in the room. "Who found her?"

 

"I did," Yuri answered. "Well, not really me but my shadow did. I only took her inside the building as soon as I was informed."

 

"Even so, thank you." I placed my hand on her shoulder, patting her to show my gratitude. "Where did you find her?"

 

"At the pavilion she always stays at."

 

"Is anyone with her during that time?" I asked again.

 

"I'm sorry. She's not there, Sica." Yuri said, looking down at the floor, unable to meet my eyes.

 

"I... I see." I mumbled sadly. "I-I'll be in my room. Call me if my sister wakes up, okay? I have tons of questions to ask her."

 

I slowly walked towards my room, dragging my feet across the floor. All my energy drained. All my hope in finding Tiffany diminishing every hour that passes by.

 

Where are you, Tiff?

 

I opened my door and trudged towards my bed. I plopped down on the comfortable and soft material, but still, I didn't feel relaxed. My heart is heavy. Until I find her, I'll never be at ease.

 

I lifted my right hand over my head and tried to take a nap. It wouldn't do me any good if I don’t rest. I wouldn't have the energy to continue searching for Tiffany. But before I could succumb to my dreams, I heard a knock on the door.

 

"Come in," I said to the visitor. I don't want to get up and open the door myself.

 

The visitor, who turned out to be Yuri, opened the door and walked towards my bed.

 

"There's a call for you," Yuri said, grinning as she handed me her phone.

 

I looked at her phone and saw that it was Taeyeon who is calling me.

 

"I'll be outside if you need me," Yuri said and went out of my room, skipping merrily.

 

"Taeyeon! Do you have any news on Tiffany's whereabouts?" I asked the caller.

 

I sprang up from my bed when I heard her voice.

 

 

"Hey Jessi! It's me, Tiff."

 

 

 

 

A/N:

And so the story goes on again. :)

Did you notice that I left a hint in one of the previous chapters' A/N? The song My Friend, Haechi? He's Tiffany's guardian in chibi mode.  I photoshopped the image so that Haechi becomes pink instead of yellow.

Thanks to totoro_tae, thebaddestfemaleCL, 3xXAnnaXx3, eyelovegg and 61N42320 for the upvotes! ^^