Jealousy and the Void

Oh My Princess!

 

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

 

The past week has been a blur. A lot of things have happened but I didn't care for any of it. I feel that this day would be different though. I am currently seated besides the shikshin. I don't know why but my instinct told me to go back to my original seating position. A chair, the newcomer's permanent seating position, was placed beside Tiffany's a day after the girl transferred. The said girl was writing something on her notebook.

 

I propped my chin against the palm of my hands. I was bored beyond my wits. I saw a figure coming inside the classroom from my peripheral vision. I felt compelled to look at it so I shifted my gaze at the opened door and saw someone that I thought I wouldn't see ever again.

 

*Dugeun... Dugeun...*

 

"Tiffany..." I muttered as I rose from my seat quickly, my jaw opened wide from the surprise.

 

Why?! How?!  I thought you already left to the states?

 

I almost ran to her but stopped when the newcomer stood up suddenly and hugged her tight.

 

"Pany-ah! I missed you!" she exclaimed. Tiffany hugged her back after a moment of confusion and surprise.

 

"Taetae! What are you doing here?!" Tiffany eyesmiled at her. The girl leaned towards Tiffany's ears and whispered something. Too close for comfort.

 

I froze in my track and an unfamiliar feeling swept across me. My heart lurched at the sight of the two  of them so close together. I gripped my chest unconsciously.

 

What is this feeling?  I hate it.

 

I saw the one she called Taetae pat her ... multiple times. I saw her smirk, clearly enjoying what she was doing. What a byun. Tiffany only smacked her hands playfully, as if she was used to it.

 

Okay... that's it. Go show your PDA somewhere else.

 

I grabbed my bag and stomped angrily towards the door. I made sure that I bump my shoulder at the midget.  I turned and glared at the two, specially at the newcomer, before I completely left the room. I slammed the door shut and went towards my lounge.

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

 

Butts.

 

 

I was doodling on my notebook when I saw Tiffany entering the classroom. I ran towards her and hugged her as tight as I could. I haven't seen her for a long time anyway.

 

"Pany-ah! I missed you!" she hugged me back after a while.

 

"Taetae! What are you doing here?!" She asked me, surprised. She smiled, her trademark eyesmile showing.

 

"I'll tell you later." I whispered. "But for now..."

 

I pat her repeatedly and smirked. She smacked my arms in retaliation, making me wince at the pain.

 

"Yah! Byuntae!" she scoffed and crossed her arms, pouting.

 

How I miss times like this.

 

However, our little reunion was stopped when someone hit me. The girl turned back from walking and glared at me as if I was the one who did something wrong. She walked away after the intense gaze and slammed the door shut.

 

"What is wrong with her?" I asked. Tiffany just shrugged.

 

"Don't mind her. She is always like that."

 

"You know each other?!" Sooyoung asked, barging in our conversation. I didn't even realize that she is already near us.

 

"Umm... Yeah." Tiffany replied. "Taeyeon is a childhood friend of mine back in the states. We knew each other since our sandbox days."

 

"Just friends?" Sooyoung wiggled her eyebrows teasingly. "... Or is it something more than that?"

 

"Of course not! And besides, she already has a girlfriend who is also a close friend of mine."

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

"Why so defensive, Fany-ah?" Sooyoung grinned.

 

"Yeah! Why are you being so defensive?" Taeyeon decided to join the teasing. "You wish I was your girlfriend."

 

"NO! I AM NOT!" I shouted. I could feel my cheeks burn from embarrassment.

 

"Would the three of you please return back to your proper seats. I would very much want to start the class right now." Mr. Lee said. He must have entered the classroom while we were bickering.

 

"Yes, right away sir." I replied, mentally thanking him for stopping the conversation. I scrambled back to my chair and prepared for class.

 

 

........

 

 

"So Tae, why did you decide to come here and study?" I took a bite from my sandwich. It was currently lunchtime.  Taeyeon and I are at a table in the corner of the cafeteria, eating.

 

"My dad got a promotion and was assigned here in Korea. Since you were studying here, I decided to enroll in this school."

 

"Aahh.. Congratulate Uncle Soohyun for me, will you?" Taeyeon nodded her head.

 

"What about Sunny?" I remembered. "Wouldn't she be lonely all by herself? You do know that it's hard to maintain a long distance relationship."

 

"Oh! She didn't tell you? Aishh... that forgetful girl." Taeyeon mumbled.

 

"Tell me what?"

 

"She's going to enroll here too. Her parents allowed her since Uncle Sooman is here. He could take care of her."

 

"Really?! That's great!" I almost jumped out of my seat from happiness. "But why didn't she come with me back here?"

 

"She's probably still working on some documents to transfer here."

 

"Oh I see."

 

"Should I still sit here? I'm not ruining your date, am I?" Sooyoung said, holding a tray filled with food with both hands, her second batch. She smirked.

 

Before I could even reply to her banter, she was already seated next to me, shoving her food towards in break neck speed.

 

"Pshh... You are already seating... and eating, shikshin." Taeyeon said.

 

"Oh! I almost forgot. Tiffany, the awesome me have great news for you!" Sooyoung declared after five minutes of nonstop eating.

 

"Yeah right. If it is what I'm thinking about, it's not that great of a news. You're just showing off to Tippany." Taeyeon scoffed.

 

"Don't be so mean, Taetae." I said. "Go on Soo, what is it?"

 

"I... I got a..."

 

"OMG! SOOYOUNG! YOU GOT A BOY?!" I cheered out loud.  I patted her shoulder. "Good job! I was only gone for a week and then you already got yourself a man. That was fast. So who is he?"

 

"HECK NO! I don't have one!" My shoulders slumped. And here I thought Sooyoung got herself a boyfriend.

 

"What I meant to say was... I GOT A POWER!" My mouth opened wide as if my jaw was unhinged from its sockets. It really was great news.

 

"Congratulations! I knew you have it in you!" I tackled Sooyoung and gave her a massive bear hug.

 

"Urrgh... need some space... Can't breathe..." Sooyoung said, gasping for air.

 

"Ooppss.. sorry." I smiled meekly.

 

"Bwahahaha!" Taeyeon blurted. Her ahjumma laugh could be heard all over the cafeteria.

 

"So..." I said to Sooyoung after everything settled down. "... what type is it?"

 

"The thing is... Mr. Kwon doesn't know. Taeyeon, on the other hand, said that it was space manipulation. And I think she is right. I have been practicing this for days. Look."

 

Sooyoung brought her hand up in the air and concentrated real hard that sweat formed on her forehead. I noticed a small black spot getting bigger and bigger as if it was eating the air around it.

 

"Hah! Even your power is a shikshin." Taeyeon commented. Sooyoung frowned at the remark.

 

"Sush! Don't break her concentration." I silenced Taeyeon by placing a finger on my lips.

 

"Hmmph... fine." she pouted.

 

Sooyoung placed her hand near the swirling black mass. It crept nearer to hand as if the two were made out of opposite poles that attract each other. Finally, the black space enveloped her hand, making it disappear into the void.

 

"OMO! Your hand..." I tried to pull her hand away but Taeyeon stopped me.

 

"It's fine. Trust her." I reluctantly nodded.

 

Sooyoung looked at me with full confidence. I could tell that she was moving her hand inside like she was searching for something. After a minute, she grinned and pulled her hand back, holding something very familiar, a long blue object.

 

"Chillax, Fany. Want some mentos?" She offered me, popping a few pieces into .

 

 

 

A/N: Tiffany is back after a week of hiatus in the states! 

 

 

      Taeny moments... You jealous, sica?