The Shikshin

Oh My Princess!

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

I was about to eat the candy in my hands but the teacher noticed me.

 

“YAH! Choi Sooyoung! How many times do I have to tell you that eating is prohibited in this class!?” Ms. Kim reprimanded.

 

“I can’t help it. I’m hungry.” I reasoned out to her.

 

“Aish... You always say that. If I ever see you eat that candy or any food in that matter, I’m gonna punish you. Anyways, back to the lesson...”

 

“Excuse me miss. But there seems to be someone outside the door,” Shari, a classmate of mine, said, interrupting her.

 

“Just a second, class.” Ms. Kim turned towards the door and opened it.

 

Now’s my chance! I hurriedly ate the candy feeling triumphant afterwards. Yes! The great Choi Sooyoung for the goal! Shikshin 1 : Ms. Kim 0.

 

“Class, there’s a new face here! She will be your classmate from now on.” Ms. Kim announced. She was accompanied by a girl with long red hair and porcelain skin. I admit that she is rather pretty

 

Hmmm... She has average height. Guess I’m still the tallest in this class. I let out a sigh.

 

“Please introduce yourself,” she added to the girl beside her.

 

“Hi everyone! I’m Tiffany Moon. You can call me Fany. Nice to meet you!” The girl said out loud. And I mean really loud. My eardrums almost burst from her voice. But if we were to compete as the loudest voice in the whole school, I’ll probably win against her. I smirked at the reverie.

 

Tiffany bowed and smiled. I spotted her eyesmile. It was shaped like those cut apples my favorite restaurant serves as a complimentary dish. Hmmm... I’m getting hungry again, I thought as I wiped the drool of my face.

 

(While Sooyoung was contemplating about food again, a student had a spazzelepsy attack and was immediately taken to the school’s infirmary by her fellow classmates.)

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

I looked around and saw a short-haired girl that seems to be wiping something off her face. Wait a minute. Was that drool?

 

“You can sit in the 3rd row next to the window beside Ms. Choi,” instructed Ms. Kim. I walked to my seat and saw that that I will be seating next to the girl that I saw drooling.

 

“Hello, I’m Choi Sooyoung,.” The girl said as I sat on my chair. She offered her palm to me for a handshake.

 

“Umm, isn’t that the hand that you used to wipe away your saliva?”

 

“Oh! You saw that, huh? Sorry. Hehehe.” Sooyoung offered her other hand and I shook it.

 

“Making friends I see, but no chatting during class time....” Ms. Kim said to me. “.... and no eating.” She added, looking at Sooyoung who just conjured a pack of potato chips out of nowhere.

 

“As I have said earlier Ms. Choi, if I ever saw you eating during class, I’m gonna punish you. Since you broke the rules again, you will accompany and tour Ms. Moon around the campus after class hours.”

 

“But... I have somewhere important to go to. Could I just do it tomorrow?”

 

“And where would that be, Ms. Choi?”

 

“There’s this once a month eat-all-you-can buffet...” Sooyoung explained while fiddling her hands, looking at the floor

 

“DEFINITELY NOT!” interrupted Ms. Kim as soon as she heard the words eat and buffet. She then took Sooyoung’s snack right out of her hands.

 

“Oh, and by the way, I’m confiscating this.”

 

“NOOOOO! MY BABIES!!!” blurted Sooyoung.

 

It’s hard to control your laughter especially when your classmates are already rolling on the floor laughing.

 

“Quiet class. Now then, let’s continue on with the lesson....”

 

 

===========

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

I looked at my watch, counting the seconds that trickled by.

 

...3

 

...2

 

...1

 

RIIIING!

 

If there’s any consolation to this wretched H.S. life and its boring classes is lunch break. I instantly got up from my seat.

 

“I’ll see you at the canteen, Fany-ah. I’ll save you a seat.”

 

I left the room leaving behind a confused Tiffany and dashed to the “holiest” place on school, the cafeteria.

 

“You’re here first. Why am I not surprised? Okay then, what will you have?” asked Narsha, the lunch lady.

 

“I’ll have 2 servings of that one... and also this one... and add that one too.” I said then paid for my meal afterwards.

 

As soon as I had my order, I went to the nearest table and sat. To me, this table is the most convenient place to sit since I can easily order again if I’m still hungry.

 

I found Tiffany and waved to her so that she could see me. She smiled and then proceeded to get her food. She said earlier in class, while the teacher wasn’t paying any attention to us of course, that she can have free food in the cafeteria because she’s being taken cared of by the new school director. I envied her. I mean who wouldn’t want free food? But then, I heard that her real parents had already passed away and my jealousy died down quickly. As much as I love my free food, I can’t imagine myself without my mom’s constant nagging and my dad’s shouting.

 

By the time she went to our table, I have already finished half of my food.

 

“I’m sorry for leaving you earlier. I have to make sure that I could pick all of the food choices. And as you can see, the line gets pretty long after a few minutes. I hate waiting in line while my stomach is grumbling.” I apologized to Tiffany.

 

“It’s fine by me. I think I can understand you. I mean I’ll try to.”

 

“Thank you! And one last favor, Fany-ah. Could we move the tour for tomorrow? I really need to... let me rephrase that.... I’m dying to go to the eat-all-you-can buffet later. PWEEETY, PWEEETY, PWEASE? I asked, my voice filled with my own aegyo style.

 

“...sure.” She replied while having this really weird look on her face. My aegyo must have affected her. “I have to arrange my things at the dorms later anyway.” She added.

 

“Oh thank you Angel Fany! I’ll also help you with something next time. I saw Tiffany smiled at the new nickname.

 

“And by the way, you can ask me anything about the academy since I’m now your “official” tour guide. I know you have a lot to ask so fire away. I’ll even tell you what cafeteria food to order best. I’m an expert in these sort of things. Don’t ask about cute boys though, I’m not interested in them.”

 

“Cause you only like food?” Tiffany deduced.

 

“Yup!” I said with a smile on my face.