New Faces

Oh My Princess!

 

 

 

Cheongryong Academy. An elite school where children of royalty, nobles, and the rich are enrolled. It is one of the four academies controlled by their respective royal families. The other academies are Jujak, Hyeonmu, and Baekho. Cheongryong represents the azure dragon, one of the four gods. On the other hand, Jujak, Hyeonmu, and Baekho are represented by the vermilion phoenix, the black tortoise, and the white tiger respectively. Classes are separated according to gender and then further classified as Class A’s: those that can use magic and Class B’s: the normal division.

 

The school has 5 buildings; 2 for class use, 2 act as dormitories and one for the administration. Any other schools wouldn’t even compare to it. The entrance to the campus is a huge arch made of intricate designs. The front of the academy is decorated by a huge dragon statue made of gold – a tribute for Cheongryong.

 

I started to walk towards the building that I was assigned to. Everything is new to me. It all started when my parents died in an accident a few years back. Well actually, they are not my biological parents since I’m adopted. Nevertheless, I loved them very much. I never knew my real parents nor did I try to find them. Right now, I’m under the guardianship of the school director, Lee Sooman, a close friend of my parents. He was once a butler and advisor to the royal family. He asked the king if he could teach young minds on the ways of the world. The king was sad to let him go as he was a trusted servant but he still agreed to his request and then appointed him as the new school director.

 

The only way that he can continue to take care of me is by enrolling me at Cheongryong Academy. It was never a problem when he was a butler. But in his new job, he is asked to stay at the campus all the time since he is always needed.

 

As I near the building, I saw a man in front of it. He must be a guard, I presumed. I asked him where the classroom for 2nd year Class B is. He was taken aback when I talked to him. He must not have noticed me coming near him. He blushed but still managed to tell me where it is. I said thanks, flashing him a smile and left.

 

I followed the guard’s instructions carefully. I stood in front of the classroom’s door. I realized that the class has already started. The instructor noticed me and motioned me to come inside.

 

“You must be the new student,” asked Ms. Kim, my homeroom teacher according to my subjects list as I walked inside.

“Yes, mam,” I replied.

“Class, there’s a new face here! She will be your classmate from now on,” Ms. Kim said to the students.

 

I looked at the class and saw the gazes of the students. A hint of curiosity is evident in their eyes.

 

“Please introduce yourself,” she said to me.

“Hi everyone! I’m Tiffany Moon. You can call me Fany. Nice to meet you!” I said out loud and bowed afterwards, giving them my eyesmile.

 

 

TBC