Give Me A Chance!

Putting The Pieces Together

 

Onew's POV
         As I make my way to Key and Taemin, I notice the look on Key's face that worried me. I hope he's okay, I just hope he isn't awkward around me. As I get closer to them, I saw Key run off.
 
"Key!" I yelled out to him, hoping he stops.
 
"Key, where are you going?"
 
I turn to Taemin to see if he knew anything, hoping he had an answer since he's gotta kinda close to him.
 
"Taemin", I started.
 
"Deh, hyung?"
 
"What's wrong with Key?" I asked him with worried eyes.
 
"I don't know hyung, he's been acting weird since I lasted saw him take off to his first class today. Why? Is he sick?", he started off before I grabed his arm.
 
"No, I think it's because of me", I lowered my head.
 
"What do you mean hyung?"
 
"I asked him out earlier this morning, and I think he's been avoiding me ever since"
 
Taemin looked at me wide eyed, "You asked Key out? That's great hyung, What did he say?"
 
I looked at him teary eyed, "He just said he'll tell me after school"
 
"Why don't I just go talk to him for you hyung? Maybe I can help, Deh?"
 
"Really Taemin?", looking at him with a light smile.
 
"Anything for Onew hyung. I just met you today, but you seem like a great guy", he smiled giving me hug before heading off to look for Key.
 
Key's POV
          I finally got to the bathroom, hiding in one the stalls hoping he didn't follow. "Why did I take off like that?", I thought to myself. I started to sob a bit, I felt bad for hurting his feelings. I just didn't know what came over me. I just froze when I saw him, my mind went blank, but my feet just moved on their own. Now I'm even more afriad of seeing his disapointed face.
 
Taemin's POV
         I ran off after talking to Onew, trying to find Key. I was worried, I hope he hadn't gotten hurt. I have already missed most of my lunch, and class is starting soon. I looked everywhere I could think of, of where he might of went. My heart began to sank, thinking maybe bad has happened. But suddenly, I heard crying coming from the bathroom. "Maybe that's him I thought to myself", carefully walking in, trying not to starttle the boy.
 
"K-Key, it's that you?", I wispered.
 
I heard mumbling and couldn't really understand him, so I walked in further.
 
"K-Key, its Taemin. Is everything o...." I suddenly felt arms wrap around me.
 
Key's POV
    "K-Key, its that you?", I heard thinking it maybe Onew. I mumbled a, "yeah", cause I didn't know what to say.
 
"K-Key, its Taemin. Is everything o...."
 
Before I knew it, I flung open the stall door, running to him and hugging him tight before he could finish.
 
"Taemin!", I said still sobbing.
 
"Key, why are you crying?", he asked pulling me away.
 
"I-I-I don't know, I just..."
 
He whiped my tears away,"Onew is really worried about you"
 
"I know, just when I saw him, my mind went blank, then next thing, I was running down the hall and ended up here."
 
"Do you not want to date Onew hyung?"
 
My eyes widen, "Ho-how did you?"
 
 
"He asked why did you suddenly ran off, then told me that maybe it had something to do with him. That's when he told me that he asked you out and you've been avoiding him all day."
 
"I-I didn't mean to, I just..."
 
"Why not just talk to him, he don't seem that bad of a guy", he smiled at me.
 
"Maybe you're right", I said, "I should talk to him."
 
"Good, now lets get to class, we're already a bit late, what class you have next?"
 
"I have class with Onew, next.", I said cheering up a bit.
 
"Perfect, you get your chance. Well, got to go hyung, fighting", he said hugging me before running off to class.
 
Onew's POV
         Lunch was already over, and still no sight of Taemin or Key. I wonder if they are okay. I headed off to class, and kept watching the door hoping it would be Key, but nope still nothing. Did I do the wrong thing? Did I ruin my friendship with him? That would be the last thing I wanted. Maybe I should talk to him, and make things better instead of awkward between us. Next thing I knew, a hand touched my shoulder, brining me back to reality.
 
"Key!", I yelled knowing all eyes were on me, I sat back down embarresed.
 
He sat down next to me, removing his hand before he spoke. 
 
"O-Onew, I need to talk", His voice cracked a little like he's been crying. His eyes were pink aand puffy.
 
"K-Key, whats wrong with your eyes? Have you been crying?"
 
"D-Deh", he said. 
 
I hugged him, "Key, I'm sorry if I stocked you with this sudden confession. I didn't mean making things so awkward between us. I just like you so much. I just hoped you'd give us a chance. Maybe to se..."
 
"I'm willing to give it a try", He inturped before I could finish.
 
I pulled back in shock, "Wh-what d-did you just say?"
 
"I'm willing to give us a try", he said slightly blushing looking down.
 
My eyes widen and jumped out of my seat hugging him tightly. 
 
"Ahh, Onew, to tight, to tight", he wimpered.
 
"Sorry", I said with a smile.
 
     This was the happiest I've ever been, since I don't know when. I had a crush on him for sometime now, and I was just to afraid of being rejected. I know for sure I will try my hardest just to prove to him, on how much I like him and to make him happy. That was the only thing I wanted most.