Secrets Reveiled.

Putting The Pieces Together

 

Chapter 15: Secrets revieled.
 
Taemin's POV
 
I was stunned and hurt. Why did Onew ask that anyway? Was it even true? I don't think I can handle it.  SInce when has this been going on? Onew was clueless himself along of being hurt and betrayed. I layed on my bed and just the whole conversation with Onew at lunch today, kept replaying in my head.
 
Flashback:
 
"Taemin, I don't know how to tell you this without hurting you", Onew said with his head lowered. Was he okay?
 
"What do you mean hyung?", I asked confusioningly.
 
"I think Key likes Jonghyun", he said, I could tell he was trying not to cry.
 
"Wh-What?"
 
"I've noticed the way he looks at Jonghyun when he is with you. He always have this expression on his face, and I can swear he likes Jonghyun. He just wont confess, I asked earlier today, but he just got bad and stormed off."
 
"A-are you sure hyung? Did you see it right?", I asked feeling my heart ache.
 
"Yes, but I just can't get him to tell me himself", he looked away with slight watery eyes.
 
I couldn't believe it, Key likes Jonghyun? How can this be? I tilted my head, looking towards Jonghyun's direction. He was staring coldly at Minho, but broke his attention away and noticed me. I jerked my head away from the door, and hugged Onew as I felt both us began to cry. 
 
End of flashback.
 
I sat up on my bed, touching my cheek. I had been crying non-stop since I came home. I have avoided Jonghyun and Key, as it pained me to much. Since when had Key liked Joghyun? I thought he was happy for us, is that why he hasen't been on much dates with Onew-hyung lately? But he's my close friend, how could he do this to me? He knows my feelings for Jonghyun and he knows Jonghyun has feelings for me, so why? I have to find out myself if its true or not. I got up from my bed, wipping my tear staied face, and ran to Key's room. I stopped at the door, and heard sobbing coming from the room. I knocked on the door.
 
"Key?", I asked
 
"Go away", he yelled threw the door.
 
"Key, we need to talk."
 
"No, we don't. Just go away Taemin", he yelled again.
 
I wasen't going to take a no for an answer so I opened the door and walked over and sat on his bed.
 
"I said go away!"
 
"Key, I need to ask you something."
 
"I said no, now get out!"
 
I pulled him up gently by his shoulders to make him look at me.
 
"Key, do you like Jonghyun?", I asked.
 
He jerked away, "That's none of your business."
 
"Tell me."
 
"I said it's none of your business! Don't you get it?", he yelled even more furiously.
 
"I know you love Jonghyun!", I yelled back.
 
He just looked up at me, "Fine, I like Jonghyun, so what?" He got up and stormed out the door.
 
I stood their stunned. I can't believe it, is my ears playing tricks on me? I coudn't move for like 5 minutes. I felt my heart break in two. How could he do this to me? My mind was going crazy, I need to talk to someone. I just ran up my room, and picked up my phone dialing the only person I feel could help me. I ran down stairs, putting on my shoes and ran out the door to meet up with him.
 
Minho's POV
 
I was busy busy doing my homework when my phone went off. I was surprised to see that it was Taemin calling. I smiled and pushed answer, but my smile just fell when I heard him sob threw the phone. What was wrong that he need to see my urgently? I hope he isn't hurt, I could not stand seeing him in that state. I stopped what I was doing and grabbed my jacket, and put on my shoes before running out the door. I ran as fast as I could to the park across town, that's where he said he would be. I finally reached the park, after a good 30 minute run, I was so out of breath, I didn't notice him run up to me, slinging his arms around me. His, eyes we red, he's been crying. What upset him so much? I gently wrapped my arms around his slinder waists. I petted his hair, and tried calming him. 
 
"Shh, Tae, it'll be alright", I tried soothing him.
 
He wheped a little more.
 
"Tae, what's wrong? Why are you crying?", I asked him.
 
"I-it's Key." His voice cracked.
 
"what?", I never thought Key would do this to his 'son'.
 
"K-Key, h-he", he stuttered.
 
"Tae, calm down a bit", I slowly pushed him away with my hands on his shoulders, my heart clinched at his tear stained face.
 
"Now, slowly tell me what happened."
 
He nodded slowly, and gasped for air, "Earlier today, when Onew asked me to talk alone, it was about Key."
 
I shook my head letting him know to continue.
 
"And he told me that he thinks Key likes Jonghyun."
 
"Wait, what?"
 
He nodded, "And I didn't believe it, so I went to go ask Key myself."
 
"And?"
 
He began to sob more, putting his face in his hands, "He admitted that he liked him, and stormed off."
 
My eyes widen, I didn't expect this at all. I had thought Jonghyun had hurt him, and I wanted to pound him for it. But, Key? This is just not like Key. I know, I haven't kown them that long, but I have heard everything from Taemin's dad accedient and how Key is when it came to his baby Taemin. I thought Key wouldn't be the person to hurt Taemin like this. My heart ached. I pulled him into a tight embrace, and he tightened his grip around me. After a few minutes, I felt Taemin push me away, all confused I looked in the direction he was looking at. It was Jonghyun, with a sad expression.
 
Jonghyun's POV
 
Taemin haven't been himself since his talk with Onew at lunch earlier today. I kept trying to figure out on what their conversation was about, but neither of them would talk. What did Onew tell him that made him so distant to me? Now that I look at it, he hasen't talked to Key much either. Why is everything so tense and awkward between us all? Taemin wouldn't tell me what they talked about, he would only stare at me with a hurt expression on his face. Was it about me that Onew told him that he isn't pleased about? I have to find out what it is, I can't go on like this anymore. I left my house, and ran to Key's and Taemin's house. I got there, but Key's mom said neither of them were home. I bowed, thanks and darted off again. I thought to myself, when Taemin is upset, he'd head to the park near their house. I ran off towards the park. I stopped, and my heart sank. I seen Taemin hugging a taller guy. Wait, was that Minho? I walked closer to get a better look, and when Taemin backed away, and the other turned. My eyes widened and my heart clinched. I felt rage running threw me, I thought I told him more than once to stay away from Taemin. 
 
"What do you think you are doing?", I yelled at him.
 
"I was helping Taemin", he said.
 
"Yeah, sure, you were just hugging him", I yelled back.
 
"Yeah, so? He needed me."
 
I  felt more anger run through me, I'm his boyfriend. Why couldn't he come to me if he needed to?
 
"I told you to stay away from him!"
 
"He's the one who called me, crying and asked me to come here."
 
"What?", I turned to Taemin.
 
"Is that true?"
 
He nodded his head, but didn't look up at me. I seen him clinging onto Minho's sleeve. I felt my heart shatter, I was his boyfriend not Minho. I couldn't take it. 
 
"Oh, I see." I backed away slowly. Taemin tried to walk to me, but before I knew it, I ran off. I didn't want to see Taemin's face, or even wanted him to explain. My mind was crowded and lost. I just kept running when I heard Taemin yell after me.
 
Taemin's POV
 
I couldn't believe, that he was there. Why did he have to come at that time I was hugging Minho? I felt bad, but at the same time, I sorta didn't want to see his face. My heart ached seeing him. I hung onto Minho's sleeve, as they just yelled at each other, until his eyes turned towards me. I just froze, what was the look in his eyes for? I hung my head down, to keep away from eye contact as he spoke to me.
 
"Is that true?", he asked me.
 
I just nodded, keeping my head down. I heard his words clearly, and it was shaken a bit. I looked up, I seen him slowly backing away. I tried, walking to him but he ran off. I flt my heart ache more. It hurt seeing him, but hurt more when he ran away from me. I started to run off and yell after him, but I felt arms wrap around my shoulders from behind. I tried to brake loose, but he tightened his grip. 
 
"Don't go", he said.
 
"I need to go after Jonghyun."
 
"Please, Don't go. If he cared, he'd let you explain the situation."
 
"I don't care. I need to go see if he's okay, let go."
 
"No", he said before turning me around, his hands tight on my shoulders.
 
"Taemin, I like you. I liked you the day I first met you. I felt that spark between us. Please, don't go."
 
My eyes widened. What did he just say? He liked me? Are my ears playing tricks on me again? I'm having problems with my best friend, liking my boyfriend. And now, my new friend is confessing to me? This is to much to handle, I can't think straight. Before I could think over all of this, I felt warm lips on mine. I was sprung back to reality, Minho kissed me. How could I just let him do that? I smacked him across his face, and ran off to find Jonghyun so I could explain everything to him.