Moving on.

Putting The Pieces Together

 

Chapter 12: Moving On.
 
Key notices something was off about Taemin and Jonghyun. They haven't talked in a week since that fight at the arcade. Taemin told him everything that happened that night.
 
Key's POV
 
Flash back:
 
Tae came running threw the house crying up to his room. I who was watching my faveorite drama got drawn away from the TV by the crying boy. I ran up to his room to check up on him, knocking on the door.
 
"Tae, Taebaby?"
 
I just heard sobs threw the door and opened it gently, seeing him on his bed crying. I ran over to him embracig him into a tight hug.
 
"Tae, what's wrong?", I asked still hugging him.
 
He pulled away whipping his tear staind face. "Jonghyun and Kai got into a fight while we all was hanging out at the arcade", he began to sob again.
 
"What? You actually hung with both of them knowing that neither of them like each other?"
 
"I-I just wanted to make them get along and become friends. It's hard to having your best friend and boyfriend fight when I wanted to hang with either of them."
 
"Why try Tae? Jonghyun likes you and is afraid of losing you to Kai."
 
His eyes widened, "You knew Kai liked me?"
 
I nodded my head, "That's why I told you not to let the two around each other, it'll only cause trouble. Wait, how did you know?"
 
"H-He told me in front of Jonghyun before storming off. That's when when Jonghyun yelled and left. I felt bad, I like Kai as a friend but not that way. But, Jonghyun was gone before I could explain it to him."
 
"Tae, I think you should try fixing this. Tell Kai you like him only as a friend, and tell him you want to be with Jonghyun. While you're at it, tell Jonghyun how you really feel. It's in your hands to fix this", I said rubbing comforting circles on his back.
 
"Deh umma", he hugged me before fetching for his phone. I left the room leaving him alone for awhile hoping everything between them will be fine, even if I had sight crush on Jonghyun. Wait, what? When did that happen? I shouldn't like him, he's with Taemin, I couldn't do that to my close friend. I just shook it off, after all I am happy for them.
 
Taemin's POV
 
I phoned up Jonghyun and Kai asking to meet at the cafe after school. I felt uneasy, as I was once again bringing two people who doesn't like each other face to face. I just hope a fight doesn't break out again. I just have to set things straight between us. Kai is my best friend, but I never liked him in that way, more like a brother. And, I gained a liking for Jonghyun that day at the hospital, but I felt bad running off like that when he was trying to comfort me.
 
Jonghyun's POV
 
I felt bad for yelling at Taemin that day. He was only trying to hang out with the both of us to make it fair, but my jealousy kicked in and had to ruin it. But I'm just scared of loosing Taemin. I liked him a lot, but he knew Kai way before me. I felt I couldn't match up to that. I agreed to meet Taemin at the cafe, knowing Kai will be there I felt uneasy. What if he breaks up with me for Kai? No, that was the last thing I wanted to think about. It was my last class, and I waited impaitently to go meet Taemin since I haven't seen him since the day of the fight.
 
Kai's POV
 
I walked slowly to the cafe to meet Taemin. I knew he'd have Jonghyun with him. I just shook it off, I decided to just move on and let them be happy. Least I can do for being Taemin's best friend. I walked in seeing Taemin and Jonghyun sitting awkwardly in the booth next to each other. I walked over and sat down across from them waiting for one of them to talk.
 
"K-Kai", Taemin started off.
 
"Yeah"
 
"I thought about what you said at the arcade", he looked down.
 
"I know Taemin, I know you want to be with Jonghyun", looking away.
 
"Ho-How did you know?"
 
"Tae, I've known you since we were kids. I can tell when you like someone"
 
"Oh", was all he said.
 
I smiled, "Tae its okay, as long as your happy I'm happy. I wish you two the best. I've decided to just stay friends and move on. It's not easy but I'll try."
 
I stood up bowing." I'll leave you two to talk and sort things out. I'll be on my way now." With that, I walked out the cafe, leaving the love of my life behind to another man. I have to keep my head held high, I know he's in good hands and couldn't be happier for him. Good-bye Taemin, I don't know when I'll be back, until I have moved on and feel comfortable near you to be friends again, I'll keep my distance. Crying on my way home to end this day.