Chapter 16: I've made a mistake.

Putting The Pieces Together

 

A week had past with all the commotion. It was lunch and the table was quiet, no noise could be heard instead of the others talking to their friends. None of us really made up at all, everything was off bounce, not even Minho nor Taemin talked to each other since that day in the park. What was more awkward was how Key and Jonghyun exchanged eye contact, and so did Taemin and Minho. Onew, looked over at all four of them and wondered why every one was so quiet and acting so weird. He wondered to himself on what happened this past week, and why no one was informing him on anything. What excatly is everyone hiding from him?
 
Onew's POV
 
It was the last class of the day, and I can't help but wonder what is wrong with every one. I'd sneak a glance over at Key, who happens to be in a day dream about something. Maybe I should ask him, but at the same time I don't want to risk getting slapped or yelled at. I just shook my head of the thoughts, and tried focusing on class. Few mintues passed, and I was brung back to reality by the bell. Every one got up and scattered out of class, including Key. I got up and packed my bag, and headed out the door. I stopped when I seen Key and Jonghyun talking in the hall. I felt a knot in my stomach, why do I feel so uneasy about this?
 
Key's POV
 
 We had things to figure out and dicuss on what happened a week ago. I knew it had been wrong for betraying Onew, but I couldn't help it. It just felt so right that night with Jonghyun, and the best thing that ever happened to me. I let Jonghyun take my ity that night, but I'm not at all sure that he feels the same, or was it just the fever talking that night? So I had to find out after class. 
 
Flashback:
 
I felt bad for Taemin, I never meant to hurt him, but I can't seem to stop thinking about  Jonghyun. I even ran to Jonghyun's house without even realizing it. I stood in the rain, in front of his house, wanting to go up to the door and just run and tell him how I feel. I look down, "no that's wrong he's with Taemin, I can't hurt him more than what he already is", I told myself. I looked up and was about to walk back home, when I seen a soaken wet, depressed Jonghyun walking with his head down. What is wrong with him, why is he so sad? I slowly  walked up to him, and he looked up at me with a smile, then faints on the street. I cought him in my arms, trying to support him up and carry him up to his room since his parents wasn't home. I undressed him and got him into warm clothes, and put his wet ones up to dry. I ran to the kitchen to get some asprin to reduce his fever and a rag to cool him off with. I run back to his room and realized he tried to get up, I ran next to him.
 
"Jonghyun, you shouldn't move so much, you have a fever", I told him. "Here, take this so you can get to feeling better", I gave him the asprin and laid him back down and put the rag  over his head. 
 
"You d-don't need to do this Key", he said. "Go home and put on warm clothes so you don't catch a cold."
 
"I want to do this, just get some rest and I'll go make you some pooriage for when you wake up", I said. I was about to get up to make him something to eat when he grabed my wrist.
 
"Don't go. Just stay here while I sleep."
 
I was shocked at his suden reaction, and nodded. "Okay, I will."
 
He fell back to sleep, and I sat there watching over him, admiring his perfection. The more I looked at him, the more my feelings bubble inside. I gently removed my hand, without trying to wake him to go make his pooriage. I was about done making the pooriage, when I jumped a little feeling arms wrap around me. I turned to see a sweaty Jonghyun.
 
"It smells good Key", he said.
 
"Jonghyun what are you doing?"
 
"I woke up and smelt something amazing so I had to come and see what smelt so good",  he said while smiling.
 
I pushed him away, "You can't do this, I'm taken, and...", I paused for a breif moment. "You're with Taemin, what about him?"
 
He lowered his head, "I don't want to talk about it." He looked back at me,  "I know you like me Key", he said so straightforwardly.
 
I looked at him, face gone red, "I do not", I said denying it.
 
He smiled and walked towards me, "Yes you do Key, I see it in your eyes. The way you look at me whenever I'm with Taemin."
 
I leaned against the counter, "Jonghyun I don't think your  fever died down, you should go back and rest."
 
He grined and lean forward towards me, "Admit it Key, you like me and your heart is pounding rapidly right now with me just inches from kissing you."
 
"I...", I hesitated but couldn't hide it much longer, "Yes, I like you. But you're...."
 
Before I could even finish, he leaned in and kissed me. I was shocked, but yet happy. I'm just happy that I got it off my chest and told him how I felt. I felt my eyes becoming heavy and myself melting into the kiss. I threw my arms around him, closing the space between us. And everything went black after that and woke up in his bed. I jumped up and was shocked at what happened last night. A smile grew on my face, and got up to head home before he woke up. I will never forget last night for the rest of my life.
 
End of flashback.
 
Jonghyun's POV
 
I waited in the hall for Key after class. I haven't quit thinking of that night with Key at all, why do I feel so bad? Taemin was all over Minho, so why couldn't I of done that with Key? I shook my head. No, that is wrong. Maybe that was why Taemin was so upset about and avoided me, he found out Key's feelings for me. That's why he was all over Minho crying at the park. I felt so bad for just running off like that, I should of just him explain everything. I'm such an idiot for hurting him like that. Wait, how am I going to explain this to Taemin? Tell him that I had a high fever and just done it with Key, no, that isn't a good enough excuse. I was brought back to reality when I heard the bell rung and saw everyone leaving class. I need to get this straight with Key and tell Taemin what happened and that I'm terriably sorry for hurting him. I saw Key walk out of the classroom, I straightened up and held my breath hoping for the best.
 
"Hey", Key had said.
 
"H-Hey", I said back rubbing the back of my neck. 
 
"So, um...."
 
"Key, I know your feelings for me, but I love Taemin. I'm sorry, but I need to come clean. That night was a mistake. I should have stopped myself from going further, which I failed to do so. I'm sorry Key."
 
"Oh um, i-it's okay. I Understand. um, good luck with Taemin", he said before walking off with his head down.
 
I felt so sorry for hurting him, but I love Taemin, I want to confess everything and get it straight with him. Question is, how do I do that without hurting him and how is he going to take it when he finds out that I had with his best friend?
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am so sorry it took so long to update a chapter, but I have one up now. My computer was all messed up but all well asured, I have a new one. Also I'll try updating more, I just have been a bit busy. Anyways I hope you liked the chapter.