Shocking Confession.

Putting The Pieces Together

 

Chapter 10: Shocking Confession.
 
It's been 3 days since Jonghyun haven't been to class. Everyone began to worry. Key felt it had something to do with Taemin. Onew kinda had a hint since Key told him bout Jonghyun's feelings for Taemin. Of course, Taemin was just so clueless because he spent the last few days hung up on Kai. They understood Taemin since he haven't seen Kai since he moved, but shouldn't he be worried about Jonghyun? Key felt like it was time to put his plan in motion to help his close friend since he also help Onew and him.
 
Taemin would text during class and lunch not paying much attention his friends at the table. Key notices and asks Taemin who's he's texting, but was ignored. Key began to become impatient and takes the phone from Taemin. Taemin flew across his room to try and get his phone back from Key.
 
"Yah! Why'd you do that?, he asked irritated.
 
"You weren't listening so I took your phone", Key sneared at him.
 
"OKay, you got my attention. What is it?"
 
"I asked who was you texting but guess I already know", tossing the phone on the bed.
 
"Yah! what was that for?"
 
"You haven't been paying much attention in your classes, nor your friends at lunch. And most importantly, haven't you not noticed Jonghyun haven't been to school in three days?", he asked Taemin.
 
"Really? I thought he ate lunch with us"
 
"Tae, you've been all hung up on Kai. I know he's a close friend you haven't seen since you moved. But what about us? huh? We wanna hang with you too. You just completely forgot about us, mainly Jonghyun. Have you not stop and thought of how he is feeling right now?", he snarled at him.
 
"What you mean?", he asked confusingly.
 
"It's not my place to tell you", as key walked out leaving a confused Taemin Behind in his room.
 
Taemin's POV
 
I walked with Key to school in silence. I felt bad for ignoring my friend's so I told Kai last night I wanted to hang with them today. I stopped and turned to Key, he turned to look at me confused.
 
"Uh, Key?", I began.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Uh, I was wondering if all four of us could hang out at the cafe.", I said hoping he wasen't still mad.
 
"Uh, sure but shouldn't ask Kai to stay behind this time?"
 
"No, I told him that I wanted to hang with You, Onew hyung and Jonghyun today."
 
"Really?", he smiled hugging me.
 
"Deh, but will Jonghyun be at school? I wanna hang out and talk with him."
 
"Tae, I'm not sure. We'll just have to see."
 
I nodded my head, linking my arm with Key's walking to school. We finally reached the school gates to greet Onew. 
 
"Hey Onew hyung", I smiled
 
"Hey Tae, Hey Key", he smiled back giving Key a hug.
 
"Onew hyung, have you seen Jonghyun hyung?", I scanned the front of school hoping to see him.
 
"I haven't seen him. I don't know if he'll be coming today.", he said sadly when we heard a familiar voice from behind.
 
"Hey Key, Hey Onew", he said walking over. "Oh, hi Taemin", he said before looking at Key and Onew again.
 
"Hi Jonghyun", I said trying to show hurt the way he greeted me.
 
"So, Taemin suggested all four of us hang out at the cafe after school", Key said with a smile.
 
"You sure you don't want your beloved Kai to join?", Jonghyun said mockingly.
 
"Ani, I told him I just wanted to hang with you all today. He said alright since he had a few things to after school anyways.", he said hoping to get a smile from Jonghyun.
 
"Whatever, I'll go", he said before walking off.
 
I looked at Key and Onew, Onew just shrugged his shoulders and Key patted my back.
 
"Lets get to class before we are late", he said and we all trailed off to our classes.
 
Key's POV
 
It was lunch and I seen the awkwardness between Taemin and Jonghyun. I turned to Onew with a worried look but he just told me not to get involved. But, I know that's not who I was. I have to help my friends since they helped him. I turned to Jomghyun:
 
"Are you okay?"
 
"Just PG", he said rolling his eyes.
 
"Why won't you just tell him? I see the way you still look at him."
 
"I was that day we decided to help you and Onew, but he brung his friend and I couldn't bring myself to tell him."
 
"Are you jealous of Kai?", his eyes widened and jumped up yelling, "NO!"
 
Everyone in the cafeteria looked over at them, but Key pushed his shoulder sitting him back down.
 
"Look, I know your jealous of Kai, if you admit it or not. Why don't Onew and I got somewhere else and you two just go to the cafe? It gives you a chance to tell him", he said his hand still on Jonghyun's shoulder.
 
His eyes lit up, "Really? I-I don't know...", he looked down not knowing what to say.
 
"Jonghyun, you have to tell him. You can't just keep going like this and avoiding him. It'll just be you two so jut take it slow", he tried comforting him.
 
He nodded, blushing. He looked at Taemin.
 
"Tae, I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. I'd be glad to hang out with you.", he said smiling.
 
Taemin's eyes lit up and hug Jonghyun, he smiled at him. 
 
"Thank you Jonghyun hyung, and I forgive you", he said as the bell ring signaling for their last class of the day.
 
Jonghyun's POV
 
I sat in class, not really paying much attention. I was thinking on what Key had said. Maybe he's right, I should just come clean and confess to him. Key was nic enough to get Onew to hang out just the two of them. I should just take the chance, and not drag it on anymore. I doodled Taemin's name in my notebook, not really realizing it. I looked down and blushed when I seen Taemin's name in hearts. I have to believe in myself I thought to myself. I looked at the clock and sighed when I still had 15 mintues of class. I just wish time would hurry up, I really wanted to see Taemin. I just continued to write on my notebook until the bell rung. Class was finally over, I hurridly back my bag, and ran out of class to meet Taemin at the cafe by our school. My heart began to flutter at the thought of being alone with him, and I ran faster hoping he isn't alreay there.
 
Taemin's POV
 
Our teacher let us out a bit early, so I walked over to the cafe and ordered a drink and waited on the others. I sat there, this the waitress brung me my drink and asked if I needed anything else. I shook my head no, and just sipped on my drink until I heard a bell and looked up to an out of breath Jonghyun running over to my table. I stood up stunned and wondered where Onew and Key was. My eyes widened when he embraced me into a tight hug. I was confused and backed away.
 
"Jong...jonghyun?", I stood wide eyed. "What's wrong? Where's Onew and Key?"
 
He sat down, trying to catch his breath before speaking.
 
"Th-they...they went on a date, and said that we needed to talk things out"
 
I nodded my head and sat down across from Jonghyun.
 
"So, uh", I didn't what to really say when my phone vibrated. I opened to see it was Kai who messaged me. I read the messgae:
 
To: Taeminne
Are you done hanging out with your friends? I'm done a lot early and I miss you. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out.
From: Kai
 
He smilied and replied back:
 
To: Kai
Onew and Key went on a date. So I'm hanging with Jonghyun hyung at the cafe. I miss you too. And sure, where you wanna go?
From:Taeminne
 
He shut his phone to see a mad Jonghyun staring coldly at him. 
 
"Jonghyun, are you okay? Are you si...."
 
He jumpped up slamming a hand on the table making me jump. I was shocked at the sudden action and was frightened.
 
"It was Kai wasen't it?", he yelled.
 
"Y-yes."
 
"Thought so. What did he say?"
 
"He asked if I was done hanging out with ya'll, and that he finished early. and that he missed me and wanted to hang out", I said still shocked.
 
"Why don't you just date him them?", more furrrious than before.
 
"Wha....."
 
"Nevermined, I'm leaving", he said before grabbing his coat and walks out the door. I was stunned, but felt guilty and confused. I ran after him, grabbing his wrist when he pushed me away.
 
"Jonghyun? What's gotten into you?"
 
"You don't get it do you?"
 
"Get what?", I looked confused at him.
 
"That I like you!", he yelled.
 
I stood there frozen. Wh-what did he just say? He liked me? Key wasen't lying. I felt sad to have hurt Jonghyun, and ignore him. I didn't know he liked me, I didn't know how he felt. I just stood there for a mintue before I felt warm comforting arms wrap around my waists. I slowly lifted my arms slowly to return the hug. I felt like crying, I kinda liked Jonghyun but didn't know he liked me back. I was so blinded by my best friend returning by my side, I blocked everyone out, mainly Jonghyun. I tightened the hug and whispered in his ear:
 
"I like you too Jonghyun-hyung". He pulled back smiling and gently pressed his lips against mine. 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really hope you like it so far. :) Feel free if you want to comment, just please not hate comments. Thanks for reading :)