A New Start

Putting The Pieces Together

 

Taemin's POV
          It was the first day of school and I'm now a first year. I got up extra early, so I wouldn't be late so I could find my classes on time. My dad drives up to the front of the school to drop me off, I'm so nervous, I even have butterflies in my stomach. " Have a good first day at school, son." My father told me before I got out of the car. "Deh, I will appa." giving him a slight smile before I head to the cafeteria for breakfast. As I try to fix my tie, I accidently bump into someone, falling without realizing. "Oh, I'm sorry", a voice told me. "I didn't see you there, I was just running to meet my freinds", he said again. "Oh, ani. It's okay", I said. "Here, let me help you up", offering his hand. "Oh, thank you", I said said grabbing a hold of his hand. "You must be new I see. A 1st year?", he asks. "Deh, I'm Taemin, Lee Taemin. and you?", I asked him. "I'm Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key", he said smiling. "Nice to meet you" I said while a smile. "Well, I'm on my way to the cafeteria to meet my friends, would you like to join us?", he asked pulling me along before I could even answer him.
 
        "AN NYOUNG!", he yelled over the loud cafeteria. We pushed our way threw the crowded cafeteria to the table with 2 guys waving at us. "Hey, Key. Who is that?", the dino looking boy asked. "This is Taemin, he is new here. 1st year", he said pushing me closer to the table. "Oh, uh Hey", as I said bowing showing my respects. They giggled and pushed my down in a sit next to them. "I'm Lee Jinki, but you can call me Onew", the older boy said with a smile. "And I'm Kim Jonghyun", he said shaking my hand. "Isn't he just cute?", Key said ruffling my hair. I blushed a little, looking down avoiding eye contact. "I uh, have to go and find my classes because I don't wanna be late", I said getting up ready to find my first class. Key runs over putting his arm around my shoulder, "I walk you to your class so you don't get lost", he said waving bye to the others.
 
            So as me and Key walk to my first class, "So um, Taemin. I got to head to class, but you should totally hang out with us sometime", he said. "Um, yeah sure that'll be cool", I said before entering my class. Everyone just looked up and stared at me whispering, "Is he a girl or boy? He's cute." The teacher hitting the whiteboard with his yard stick. "Quiet down", he said telling me to take my seat. I bowed to him, and took my seat as the bell rung waitng for class to begin.
 
Key's POV
            I run to my class as the bell rung after talking to Onew in the hallway. I can't believe he had asked that, I never knew he felt that way. I didn't really know what to say, so I told him I'll answer him after school before I ran off to class. I finally get to my class, but not without the teacher scolding me. "Mr. Kim, why are you late?", he asked. "Oh, um I was helping a 1st year student find his class", I said which was kinda true. "Well, I'll let it slide but don't let it happen again", he said telling me to take my seat. "Yes Sir.", I said running over to take my seat getting my books out for the lesson. But, not before long, the conversation with Onew repalyed in my head:
 
Flashback:
          "Hey, Key", someone yelled after me. I turned around to see it was Onew running towards me, I wonder what he needs. "Oh, hey Onew", I said. "Is something wrong?", I asked.  "Oh, um", He stuttered. "I wanted to know if you'd like to hang out? You know like a date?", he asked blushing. "I kinda like you since we've began to hang out, and didn't know how to ask", he said rubbing his neck. My eyes widen in shock, I didn't know he liked guys. I always thought he was straight. "Um, I thought you were staright" I asked. "I mean I don't mean to offen...." I'm bi", he interuped. "And ani, none taken." I didn't know what to say, I just now heard of this. "I, um, I'll think on it and answer you after school", I said before running off to class.
 
              Before I knew it, it was already for lunch. I'm kinda nervous about seeing Onew. "Should I skip lunch", I thought to myself. I want to think more before I answer him, not like he isn't a great guy. "Hey, wait up key", I heard as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jump, to think it was Onew, but it was only Taemin. "Oh, sorry to starttle you", he said with a shocked face. "Ani", I said. "I just thought you were Onew". "Oh, you're looking for Onew Hyung? I think he's in the cafeteria with Jonghyun Hyung, you wanna head to lunch with me?" he asked. "Uh, actually I was gonna...." "Please?", he Interuped. "I'm still not comfortable around them yet", he said with a pouty face. I could help but to agree, with those cute eyes begging me to. I walked with him to the cafeteria, and stopped at the door knowing it was a bad idea from the start. Seeing Onew look at me, I just froze as he walked our way, but ran off towards the bathroom to hide.
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you like it so far. I'll be working on Chapter 2 soon. Please feel free to let me know what you all think and maybe some advice or anything. Please, no hateful comments or anything. May not be to anyones liking, but I promise it'll get better later on in the story. Til then, laters.