Moving Back

My Best Friend Made Me His Servant

Chapter 2: Moving Back

 

It's finally the day you were moving back and you were happier than ever. You were in the car, waiting until you arrive at your new house. You didnt expect it to be as big as the one you first had, because you knew your parents were just starting off again. You were happy for your parents because they didnt need to stress about anything anymore and it was already enough for you to be moving back here.

After 6 years of not seeing your best friend, you wondered what kind of person he turned into. If he was still the same cheeky, annoying and loving person you knew or if he turned out completely different. You wondered if he still remembers you or if he was still waiting for you. The questions about him kept coming into your mind as you look at the passing scenery outside the car window.

You kick back, put your headphones in and close your eyes, as the possibilities of what lies ahead come into mind.

 

You finally arrive at the front of your house and your eyes widen at the size of the house. It was WAAAAAY bigger than you expected it to be.

"Umma. Appa. How-The house-its-" your jaw dropped, "i cant believe this."

Your parents laughed at you, "Surprise!" You looked at them, your jaw still hanging.

"Sweetie, shut your mouth before flies come in." your dad chuckled.

"But-But-How did you afford a house like this?" you asked, pointing to the house.

"We earned more money than we thought so we decided to buy a bigger house and surprise you." your mom said, smiling.

You couldnt believe your parents. They were kind enough to move back here and they also bought a house that was ENORMOUS.

You felt like you owed them so much. You went up to them and gave them a bear hug. "Saranghae umma appa. Gomawo for the things you have done for me."

They smiled and hugged you back. "We love you too, sweetie."

"Uhhh.. Sorry-to-interupt, but i-cant-breathe." your dad said, in a breathless voice.

You released the both of them and laughed. "Mianhae appa."

______

 

You walked into the house with your parents behind you. You jaw dropped again as soon as you saw the inside.

It was bigger than what it had looked like from the inside. The hallway seemed endless as you walked through it.

It led to a living room that was decorated simply but still took your breath away.

You unconciously went upstairs to your room, your mouth wider than possible.

Your parents kept chuckling at your response to each room in the house. They were happy that their surprise went well.

"Hyun Jae-ah, your jaws are going to fall out if you keep it like that." you mom chuckled.

You turned to face them and said nothing. You were completely speechless at the sight.

Your parents smiled at you. "Well, we better get started on organising things."

You nodded and grabbed your belongings. You finaly manage to shut your mouth and focus on organising your stuff in your room.

In less than an hour, your stuff was placed neatly in your room with a picture of you and Daehyun on your bedside table.

You smiled at the thought of him and walked out of your room to help your parents with everything else.

When you reached the bottom of the stairs, you saw your parents on the floor, leaning on each other, sleeping. "Aw~ Poor umma and appa. Have a good rest!" you whisper-shouted.

You organised the rest of the things that were in boxes and by the time your were done, it was 5:00.

"Hmm...better make dinner." you told yourself.

You opened the fridge to surprisingly find it full of food. You blinked. "We already have ingredients?" You shrugged and got the ingredients needed for fried rice.

After making dinner, a delicious smell filled the house. Your parents woke up and, half-asleep, walked to the source of the smell.

They both saw you placing the utensils on the table with 3 plates around it. They smiled at your kindness and greeted you.

"Thanks for organising the rest of the things, sweetie. Sorry we slept by accident." you dad apologised.

You smiled. "It's okay dad. You were both tired and i had nothing else to do anway." you shrugged.

"Aigoo~ Our daughter is so kind." your mom cooed.

"Chal mokkesssumnida~" you parents said in unison. You smiled.

You all digged in. "Umma, appa, when do i start school?"

"Oh. At the start of the school year. So in a few days." you dad answered.

"We already enrolled you there so all you dont really need to do anything else." your mom continued.

You nodded. Wah~ I cant wait to see Dae oppa. You hid your smiles with a straight face just in case your parents might think your a bit weird, randomly smiling like an idiot.

After you finished your meals, you all decided to call it a day and rest. You greeted your parents good night and went inside your room.

You were lying there in bed thinking about your new school and Daehyun. A smile krept up to your face when you turned around and saw the picture of Daehyun who had you on his back, his smile reaching up to his ears. I miss you oppa. Hope you haven't changed a lot.

And with that last greeting to your best friend, you fell asleep with a smile on your face.