Something In Return

My Best Friend Made Me His Servant

 

The sound of clanging woke you  up at 6 in the morning. Groaning as the sunlight burned your eyes, you stood up, making Daehyun's head bop up and down before resting on the couch behind. Stepping over his feet, you walk towards the kitchen, wondering who was at your house this early in the morning.

"...if she comes with us or not." you heard a familiar voice.

"Umma?" you whispered to yourself. You continued walking and peeked your head through the door way to see two figures next to each other as they leaned on the counter. A smile came to your face as you immediately recognised who they were.

"Umma! Appa!" you cried out happily, hugging the both of them. They gladly hugged you back as you continued to jump happily.

"What are you guys doing here?" you asked them.

"Our business was doing well and we decided to take a little break." your dad answered.

You nodded, "How long will you be staying?" Your mum and dad looked hesitantly at each other before your mum answered.

"We're leaving today night." she spoke as you nodded sadly.

She stepped towards you, a gentle gaze on her face, "Mianhae Hyunjae."

You shook your head and smiled at her, "When will you be back?"

You heard your dad sigh before he stepped next to your mum, "Not for a while, sweetie."

"H-how long?" you stuttered out.

"At least half a year." your dad quietly said.

Footsteps were heard and the three of you turned to look at the doorway. Standing there was Daehyun rubbing his eyes as he yawned tiredly.

"Annyeonghaseyo." he bowed smiling.

"Aigoo. My son, come here~" your mum beamed before hugging him in a motherly way.

Your dad joined her as he pat Daehyun's back proudly. You smiled as you watched your parents fuss over him, telling him how much they missed him. Ever since they met Daehyun, he was always one of their soft spots.

"Oh! Hyunjae! Why don’t you stay over Daehyun's house while we're gone?" you mum cheerfully suggested. As if on cue, you and Daehyun looked at each other worryingly, the same thought on your minds.

"Yeah! That's a good idea! We bumped into each other just recently and they were asking about Hyunjae the whole time. I'm sure they would allow you to stay." your dad agreed. You gulped, glancing at Daehyun constantly, "Haha…. Yeaaah.."

"What do you say about it, son?" your dad asked him. Daehyun hesitated before nodding his head, "Yeah… I'll ask them about it."

"Great! See Hyunjae, don’t be sad anymore, okay?" your mum wrapped her arms around your shoulders as she smiled brightly.

You smiled worryingly before giving a knowing look to Daehyun.

This wont be good…

 

 

 

 

"Okay, Daehyun's parents said they'll pick you up so make sure you have everything." your dad told you as he stood at the door. You smiled, walking towards him, "Arasseo, appa. Be safe!" He kissed the top of your head, "Bye, sweetie."

Shutting the door behind him, a sigh escaped your mouth. Even though you haven't seen Daehyun's parents in ages, from his stories, you knew they were still the same. Whenever they came over to your house when you were younger, you were always out with Daehyun so you barely had the chance to officially meet them. Despite that, you trusted and believed your best friend's words.

The sound of knocking made you gulp in fear. You stood up from the couch and grabbed your single suitcase before making your way towards the door. You opened it, revealing a stiff Daehyun, his eyes darting behind him, where a shiny, black limo was parked.

You stepped out, closing the door, as Daehyun took your suitcase. The distance from the house to the limo was quite big so Daehyun started whispering to you.

"Yah… Don’t worry too much, okay? I'm pretty sure they wont do anything to you…" he whispered through his gritted teeth. You nodded as the both of you reached the limo. The driver opened the door as you climbed in, immediately meeting eyes with Daehyun's parents. You bowed slightly, the low roof preventing you from going lower before sitting on the seat in front of them, Daehyun following you after.

His parents gave you a small nod and didn’t do anything else. The whole ride was silent, neither you or Daehyun wanting to start an awkward conversation.

The limo stopped and you looked out side to see the familiar large mansion you saw when you were younger. A fountain stood in the middle of the large front garden, the lights from it making the water look a light colour of orange. Neatly shaped bushes with blood red roses stood around the whole land and the grass was a light green even in the evening sky. Maids and butlers stood straight in front of their house, waiting patiently for the owners.

Daehyun's parents climbed out of the car before you and Daehyun slowly followed. The limo soon drove off, leaving you in an awkward atmosphere as the two adults seemed to be eyeing you. Daehyun felt the uneasiness and spoke up, "Eomeoni, abeoji, it's getting cold. Why don’t we go inside?" Not saying a word to their son, they walked towards the entrance as the maids respectively bowed, opening the big white doors for them. Daehyun sighed, knowing they ignored him. Daehyun took your suitcase from you, "Let's go in."

The whole line of maids and butlers bowed before you and you jumped before hesitantly bowing back. As rich as you are, you had never gotten treated this highly and only had one or two butlers your whole life.

You and Daehyun walked through the neat and spacious hallways as your eyes got caught by all the expensive looking items. Antique vases were displayed on small tables, each having a thin glass cover that looked as if it'd break if you breathe on it. Large, golden framed paintings were hung up on walls, the quality of them making you wonder if they were the original. Fine china sets were delicately placed on a smooth golden cupboard, their display of class making them look like they were more expensive than you.

You heard Daehyun calling you, making you look up to see him quite a distance ahead of you.

Taking one last look at the set, you nodded before speed walking cautiously towards him.

You immediately lowered your gaze as you met eye to eye with his mother. With her light lights that fell just below her shoulders, fair white skin and a young, tall figure, she could easily pass off as being in her early twenties. A beauty, really.

Daehyun nudged you as he jerked his head towards the direction of the living room where his parents were. You walked slowly towards them, Daehyun by your side. Sitting down in a separate couch, the awkward atmosphere came back, making you shift in your place.

You fiddled with your fingers as you felt the two adults' gaze on you. You could see their displeased look on their faces from the corner of your eyes until his mum did something unexpectable.

She smiled.

"Chaerin-ah!" she called before a young maid came running in, her gaze lowered, "Could you please show Hyunjae to her room." 

The maid nodded before she took hold of your suitcase and motioned for you to follow her. Daehyun stood up, wanting to join you until his mother spoke.

"Daehyun-ah, stay for a bit." her voice was soft and Daehyun forced himself not to gawk. He nodded and gave you a quick side glance before you disappeared into the hallway.

 

As soon as you were out of sight, Daehyun's parents changed 180 degrees.

"Daehyun, you do know we have a banquet with all our business partners from here and from overseas, right?" his dad asked. Daehyun nodded, "Ne abeoji."

"Then why would you even think of bringing that girl here?!" his dad shouted, hitting his fist on the arm rest.

Daehyun flinched, "A-abeoji…" His dead rubbed his forehead, taking deep breaths.

"Daehyun, she needs to leave as soon as possible. We don’t want her here." his mum spoke up.

"Eomeo-" "She's just a headache and I can easily kick her out now." his mum cut him off. Daehyun stood up angrily, "Eomeoni!" His parents where shocked at his sudden action.

"Are you raising your voice at us right now?!" his dad rose from his seat. Daehyun flinched, but stayed standing, "I thought you guys actually agreed to this."

His mum smirked, "Do you actually think we'd say no to them? We have a reputation to keep here. Now find a way to make her leave or we'd do it ourselves."

"We even heard she was your servant." his dad snorted, "Seems like you're treating her like a princess instead."

"We can take her out of the school without batting an eyelash. She would be out of our sight in no time." his mum added.

Daehyun sighed, giving up, "Please. Don’t make her leave."

"What in the world is so special about that girl anyway? Have you seen the way she dresses? God. You wouldn't know she came from a rich family." his mum said coldly.

"Eomeoni, please." Daehyun begged.

Daehyun's parents smirked. "Then do something in return." his dad spoke.

Daehyun looked up, "Ne?"

"Agree to an arranged marriage."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

VERY LATE UPDATE... Was is it a short chapter? :/ DaeJae shippers are probably going to hate me from now on... 

Sorry! Just need to do this... 

Anyway... What couple name is good for Hyunjae and Daehyun? 

1. DaeJae (Worried it might sound like Younjae instead of Hyunjae.)

2. 2Hyun? :/

And Bacon and Hyunjae is Baekjae.

So...... 

Question: Daehyun with brown hair or blonde hair?

       

                

S U B S C R I B E & C O M M E N T <3