Lunch

My Best Friend Made Me His Servant

Chapter 5: Lunch

 

It was the class before lunch and Shin Woo was one of your classmates. You tried to talk to him, but all he would do was look away.

Well, at least he didn't shout at me.

The class ended and you asked Shin Woo again if you could eat lunch with him. He stood up and walked out of the classroom. You thought for a bit then decided to follow him.

The hallway was full of students going in all sorts of directions. You were getting hit and bumped by people a lot and it didn't seem like it was by accident anymore.

People were snickering as they walked pass and you would hear the sound of high-fiving behind you. You suddenly got hit by a few guys running to the cafeteria. You fell forwards. You closed you eyes, waiting for the contact with the floor.

You instead feel arms holding your body up. Your gaze follows it up and there you see Shin Woo.

He quickly lets go of you and you both awkwardly stand there. "Er... Thanks." you quietly said.

He straightened quickly and started walking away. "Huh? Wait-Wait for me" you said catching up to him.

When you reach the cafeteria, every person turns to you and the whispering starts again. What, is whispering something that is needed to be done at this school? Sheesh.

You hide a little behind Shin Woo to avoid the glares that they were giving you but he just walks away to get to the line. You pouted and followed him.

You both got your food and you followed him to an empty table at the corner of the cafeteria. He sat down while you just stood there not sure if he wanted you to sit with him.

He raised an eyebrow at you before saying, "Well..." he tilted his head to the direction of the seat in front.

Your face brightened. You sat in front of him and thanked him.

The cafeteria was quiet. You turned around and saw that they were staring at you again. It made you feel uncomfortable.

"Why are they staring at us?" you asked him after turning back around. He lifted his head and looked at the students then looked back at you, "Because your the first person I let sit at my table."

You blinked, "The first?" He nodded. You softened. You quickly put a smile on your face, "Yah. I'll sit with you everyday from now on, okay?" He looked at you and you were sure that you saw a small smile before he looked away coldly again.

"Tch. What a cold friend." you playfully said, pouting. He raised an eyebrow and you return it with a wide smile. He quickly looks down and eats.

You were about to say something, but it was cut off by the opening of doors, followed by ear piercing squeals. You covered your ears and you see Shin Woo do the same.

"Aish. Do they hear themselves!?" you said loudly, but it was still quiet compared to the noise the girls were making. You look behind you and see girls crowded around something/someone again.

6 blonde heads. You see 6 blonde heads just like when you were at the hallway. Daehyun....

You stand up, trying to get a view of him. The squealing was calming down and girls were going back to their seats.

There you saw 6 figures at a table talking to each other. Your eyes scan their faces before they locked on one person. Daehyun.

He was sitting there lazily and he would sometimes talk to his friends but he remained cold. What the- I need to talk to him. Now. 

You turned back around and saw Shin Woo staring at you. He quickly pretended to be eating. You tilted your head at him before you started stuffing down your food.

He looked up at you and his eyes widened. You were eating faster than anyone he had ever seen.

You started choking. He panicked at first but quickly gave you a glass of water. You lift your hand as a sign of thank you as you drank the water. You put the half-full cup down, "thanks." you told him. He just nodded but inside he was relieved to see you alright.

"I'm going to go somewhere for a bit, okay?"you told him. He blinked at you.

You turned around and you were about to go and talk to Daehyun when a girl approached him. You watched them.

 You couldn't hear a word they were saying but it looked like she said a few things to him which made him smirk and say things to to her.

She handed him a box but all he did was look at it and laugh. She was still holding out the box to him.

You tilted your head. Is she confessing? Then, you suddenly see him grab his half-eaten food and dump it at her.

Your eyes widened as gasps filled the room.

Even from afar you knew the girl was on the verge of tears. She ran away and people started laughing.

You saw Daehyun smirk and you felt your hand grip on something. It was your glass of water.

You looked at it, then looked at his smirking face.

You stood up angrily and approached him, holding the water with your right hand. He saw you approaching and smirked.

"Hey guys. Someone's about to confess to me again, can I borrow your food?" he said, loud enough for the whole room to hear. It triggered the chuckles of the students. You ignored it.

"Oh look, hyung. Is she going to give you water?" a muscular boy said, pointing at the glass in your hand. The table erupted with laughter and you kept a poker face on.

You put on a fake smile and looked at Daehyun, "Oh yes I am." You chucked the water at his face and slammed the glass down on the table. Your smile with it.

Silence filled the room.

You looked at him with an angry face. He was closing his eyes, trying to let what just happen sink in.

He suddenly slammed his hands on the table causing the glass to fall off, breaking into millions of pieces. It cut your foot but you didn't show any signs of pain.

He looked at you with his cold eyes. You returned it with an angry face.

"Did you just...throw water at my face?" he asked, traces of anger in his voice.

"Yep." you said without any expression.

His eyebrows furrowed at you. No one had ever dared to talk back to him.

"Why you-" he was raising his hand, but you cut his voice off making the hand stop too.

"Who the hell are you?" you asked, sounding disappointed.

"What?"

"What have you done with Daehyun?"

He was taken aback. "What the hell are you saying?"

"I cant believe you." and with that, you turned around and walked away, the pain in your foot burning.

You left him and everyone else clueless and you walked out of the cafeteria going who knows where.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry I updated late. :/ Well, here's chapter 5. Did you like it? Thanks for subscribing and reading my story! I appreciate it! <3 I LOVE YOU GUYS!