Prologue

My Best Friend Made Me His Servant

Chapter 1: Prologue 

 

*(A/N: You were both 13 here)*

You came back from a long day at the park with your best friend. There was laughing, tickling, shouting and pouting. A typical day for the both of you.

You saw you parents on the couch with a depressed look on their faces. They were acting weird for a while now, but everytime you would ask them what was wrong, they would just weakly smile at you and shake their heads.

You knew something was up so you sat next to them and waited for them to talk.

"Sweetie," your mom began, "we're...going to have to move." You were shocked but kept silent so they could tell you the reason.

"Our company, it hasnt been going well recently and we're bankrupt. We even have that large debt we have to pay back. It's sudden but we'll have to move somewhere where we can handle the payments." your dad explained, "Im sorry sweetie."

You sighed and looked at their faces. You didnt like the idea of leaving your best friend, but you didnt like your parents suffering more. You put a weak smile on your face and spoke to them, "Mom, Dad, i dont mind moving somewhere else so we can handle life better. As long as you two arent having a hard time, im perfectly happy." Them hugged you tightly and rubbed your back.

"When we've payed back everything and earned a decent amount of money, we'll come back here, okay? I'm sorry about Daehyun, but i hope you can both wait." your mom said. Your eyes teared up at the mention of his name. He was the only friend you had and you were together since you were both in diapers. You didnt know how to tell him this.

"Dont worry. We'll leave in two days. You can tell him about it, okay?" your parents released you and looked at your eyes. They saw the tears that were about to fall. "I'm truly sorry, sweetheart." your mom your hair and gave you a reasurring smile. You weakly smiled back. I hope we can both handle being apart from each other.

--------

You both met up at your usual spot the next morning. He couldnt help but think you were acting weird. You kept opening you mouth to tell him something but you shook your head and looked down again.

You decided that you should tell him today but the words just wont come out of your mouth. You just stared blankly at the floor most of the time, trying to avoid him a bit because you were about to burst into tears at that moment.

"Yah. Are you okay?" he was worried about your sudden change and he knew something was up.

You finally got the courage and looked up at him. You bit your lip, hoping that the tears wont come out.

"Um...Im....uh....moving." you said quietly, holding the tears back.

"Huh? Moving where?" he asked.

"Im moving away. My family got bankrupt....and....and we need to live a more simple life to stay alive." you said, the sadness visible in your voice.

He stood up. He couldnt take the fact that you were about to leave, he just couldnt. "Do you want us to help you? We could give you some money so you can stay." he asked, his voice full of hope.

He said it sounding like a snob, but you knew he meant well. "No. Dont worry. We already owe you guys a lot." you said, ashamed.

He looked at you in the eyes. His tears were welling up in his eyes. "No. Please. Dont go. You're the only one that keeps me smiling and takes me away from this unfair life. Please dont leave. I wont be able to handle it." His tears started falling uncontrolably.

You saw his tears and your tears fell. You couldnt hold them back anymore and you didnt plan to anymore.

You hugged your best friend tightly and dug your face onto his neck. He hugged you back, not wanting to let you go.

"I dont want to leave either, but this is for my parents. Ill come back, okay. Just...wait for me. Please?" you said, still hugging him.

He pulled back and looked at you. His nose was red from all the crying. He nodded slowly and higged you again.

"I'll miss you." you both said at the same time as if it was planned. You both smiled a little. This was the kind of thing you both were gonna miss, the way you said things at the same time, like you two were one person.

You finally let go of each other and just looked into each others eyes. He gave you a kiss on your cheek and weakly smiled. "I love you best friend."

"I love you too best friend. For Life..."

"For eternity..."

You smiled at each other and said the last two words together.

"For always."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Is it good? It's a quick start but hopefully it get better. :P (LOL 'hopefully') Thanks for reading!