Chapter 8

Working Overtime

Thank you to my other two subscribers: guyswithbraces and ChibiCheonsa! I'm warning you all though, I'm going through a bit of writer's block..great huh? :P 

 

~~~~

 

I swiped downward with my sword cutting off the hand from my ankle and a hiss escaped. Guess I’m in the Main Torture Chamber… I had to be alert now; these undead souls get the worst punishments for sinning nearly their entire lives. They’re tired of having to deal with it; they want my body so they can escape. My heart was rapidly beating again, this time, the feeling was just what I needed. Adrenalin. As a glowing red zombie figure stumbled out of the flames I jumped back into the arms of another. I immediately stabbed the body behind making it fling back and I stomped the one in front of me. More began falling out of the flames, making me antsy and more alert than usual. “Crazy bastards!” I hissed and swiped two at once, cutting off their heads. I am going to kill you Youngbae.

The exercise was good for me, I let out my rage on them a bit harshly I admit. But I definitely needed it, so I don’t blow my top around my superiors or trainers. The beings kept falling out by the dozen now and I was beginning to feel the fatigue. My shoulders ached and my wrist was getting sore from flicking my sword everywhere. I should’ve been given a sheath so I can fight with my fists! That’s when I began using my sword as a blocker instead of a weapon; new techniques are good to develop! I pounded and flung them all back; no matter how tired I was I had to force myself to go on. This is how it’s gonna be when I go and save Bom.

Just as I felt like collapsing, a humungous wave of bodies began tripping over each other to get to me causing limited space to move. I tried elbowing one behind me until his hands clasped onto my arm. ! Another took my other elbow and pulled me backwards forcing me to crash onto a bed of sandy bodies. Gross! I began to panic as two others grasped my ankles and the four began yanking at my limbs. I scrunched up my face in pain; they were stretching me further than I knew! I am going to be torn apart and I can’t even murder Youngbae. Suddenly I heard thumping footsteps and shouts. “Go before they rip him up!” CL’s voice rang in the abyss. Angels can guide themselves in here?

“I got it!” Seungri groaned and he leaped out of the fire attacking one of the monsters grasping my ankles and I felt relief washing through that my right leg. Daesung took down the other one from behind, jumping out of nowhere and holding a knife to its throat. Minji and Dara took the one holding my left wrist while CL and Jiyong (?) gripped the last one so I was dropped onto the bodies. That was fast. I breathed and shut my eyes, opening them to see Youngbae smirking.

“I’m gonna kick your !” I growled and jumped up. He held up his hands in defense but I punched his stomach. “You bastard!” okay maybe that exercise didn’t get all of my anger out…

“I deserved that,” Youngbae clutched his stomach and groaned.

“Nice punch,” Seungri complimented and I picked up the golden sword.

“Woah! Woah!” Jiyong snatched it from me before I could do anything rash, which was a good idea. “Let’s just head back up,” he stood beside me as we walked back to the training area where I would be told what I just did.

As we all climbed up the walls and sat on the ground Youngbae began explaining. “I thought you needed an extra push to get you farther into your training, I wanted to see what you know. When in the heat and not given any direct orders you don’t know what to do so you mindlessly wander, you’re reactive when it comes to attacking and use your energy up easily, you push yourself farther which is good, but you need partners to help your quest,” he counted on his fingers. I get angry easily, don’t forget that. I clenched my fists tightly, still pissed at him.

“Calm down, Seunghyun, you’re gonna rip Hell apart,” Minji warned me and I released my fists making everyone stare at me. I cleared my throat.

“So I’m not gonna be the only one on Ceres, is that what you’re saying?” I asked Youngbae and he nodded. “I didn’t expect to be alone but I don’t want to be compared,” I told him.

“Just because a couple instructors told you that you’re a special case doesn’t make you a Greek god,” Seungri added arrogantly. The look in his eyes when I appeared right next to him and wrapped my fist in his navy blue uniform was priceless.

“Let’s go a few rounds, Panda! See who wins!” I challenged and the slightest hints of fear were visible: paling face, quivering lips, widening eyes. I thought Demons were made not to show their fear? He’s still training…

“Seunghyun!” Jiyong pushed me back from the younger. “You wanted the training! Want me to provoke that privilege?!” he threatened and I breathed in deeply.

“No,” I mumbled in response.

“Maybe you should visit Tablo; you need to keep yourself at bay,” the oh-so-calm Daesung suggested. I didn’t hesitate to leave that circle, it made me antsy but at the same time it reminded me of how Bom and I talked so I liked it.

Tablo’s station is at the far end of the training area so I trudged all the way there. I know I have issues with my emotions, I know I need to control them but I don’t know how. I walked into the red cave lit with a few lanterns and Tablo was sitting in the middle with legs crossed. Okay? “Seunghyun,” he stood up and I approached him.

“Instructor Tablo,” I nodded.

“So, you need help cooling down right?” he decided and I shrugged. With a snap of his fingers we were now encased in a white plastic solitude. It was much smaller than the cave, about 20x20 and the ceiling was maybe ten feet tall. There was a shining steel table and chair in the center which I cautiously sat in. I looked up to face Tablo when I realized: he was gone. “Out here!” I whipped around and saw that Tablo was outside. I walked over and pushed the door but it wouldn’t budge. I slammed against it and Tablo jingled some keys.

“What the hell Tablo?!” I shouted inside of the mini room causing an echo to form.

“I’m putting you under surveillance for a week; I need to see how your mind works without any distractions or contact,” he sighed. That was a quick decision. I grumbled to myself and sat in the cold chair again. I rapped my fingers against it and sighed deeply. I heard his footsteps get softer and softer until they couldn’t be heard. I won’t get food, I won’t be able to speak to anyone, and I am not only going to become insane. I will become enraged beyond measure. 

 

*A/N: Don't forget to comment on how I did! (too short, too rushed, etc.) it helps me as an author and makes my readers happy! I like making people happy!*