Chapter 32

Working Overtime

I apologize for not updating for a while, and that this chapter is short >.< but the next one will be pretty long and action-packed so thanks for sticking around! :)

 

~~~~

 

And thus, I had a new roommate. Minhyuk wasn’t too bad to live with actually, I was the one who cooked in the house but he enjoyed cleaning the place. Especially if I told him about the whole Demon things and stuff. Telling him about it interested him and kept me talking, I just gotta talk! It didn’t take long for Minhyuk to want to train in the park with some weapons…I admit I taught him some things. He ended up doing really well! He’s a hard worker and he’s totally awesome with a gun! That’s why I requested to Se7en we needed him in the Special D.A’s. Sure, Minhyuk is neither Angel nor Demon but he already knows about us and he could really help! I spent a while pestering about it he eventually caved in but that meant there were 15 members including me, we were created to become a stealth team and 15 people doesn’t say stealth! So Se7en told the Angels they won’t be in the field, man that pissed them off! That lowered it down to 12, and then Seungri volunteered to not go which meant 11 in the field. And then Yukwon backed out, probably thinking Seungri might move in on his sister! So that left the rest of us to fight it out, the five staying behind would work as a command center to keep reminding us and warn us of Catastrophic habits.

I felt as if I had a daily schedule now, I would wake up, eat breakfast with Minhyuk, train with him, go down to Hell to see the progress of the gun, say “hi” to the seventh years, eat lunch down there and come back up to eat dinner, take a shower and go to sleep. Boom my day’s over then. The days passed by slowly but then it ended up stacking over the other so it felt more like the same day replaying itself. I lost track of the days! Before I could believe it, two whole years had disappeared. I realized it once it had been two years since Minhyuk moved in, he grew but our hair never changed. I see the dust collecting on the dormant parts of the house, I still never go in there. Each day now I can only think of one thing. Have the five years gone up yet?

One day Minhyuk and I went down to check up on everything. My nerves were shaking inside of me today! It must be the date! As we ran down the stairs I heard and saw the members of the Special D.A’s running around maniacally. “Seunghyun! Minhyuk! Good! We’re all here, we have a meeting!” Youngbae told us, instead of yelling back I kept running and following him into the cave. The Angels including Yukwon and Seungri were positioned around the large table evenly, suddenly there was a holographic image of the dwarf planet in floating above the red rock. The five Demons/Angels had black head sets and they were communicating with each other, spitting words faster than a cheetah running! It sounded like a loud mumble to me! But they were pointing out key spots on Ceres and wherever they touched a red dot appeared. “The techies set this up, pretty cool huh?” Jiyong asked me.

“Ne, better for the control team,” I added and Yukwon looked up. We hadn’t done anything and the kid was sweating! He and Minji were the youngest; to be honest I think Yukwon is younger! But he was so anxious, he tried to smile but it only looked nervous.

“Now, we have improved the vests. I saw how you took all of those bullets with you so these vests have little pockets where you can place some ammunition,” Se7en pulled out the new vests and gestured to the pockets. I took one to examine it. “We designed one especially for you Seunghyun, it has a timer strapped to your chest. It will tell you how long you have to get Bom and get out."

“Woah! You said nothing about a time limit!” I interrupted furiously. He expects me to do this in a time range?! What the Hell?!

“We are not Catastrophics, Seunghyun, we don’t know how to professionally keep the portal open for that long. You would have three hours before the portal closes," he informed me.

“Three hours?! To you, sure, that’s a lot of time down here. Not in the field, which happens to be an unknown planet even humans haven’t set a foot on, battling a species the humans aren’t aware of, and saving my Angel who is near the core of the goddamn thing!” I blew up. Three hours sounds long, how about 180 minutes? Not that long! You had five ing years to figure this thing out, and you can only manage a three hour time range?!

“You wanna do this or not?!” Jiyong protected his father, which got on my nerves, but I let it slide this one time. I crossed my arms and huffed.

“Fine, but since this vest is for me…I’m in charge right?” I took the vest with the blue digital clock in the center of the chest.

“Affirmative, Captain,” Se7en said and I grinned at that fact. Finally you do something right. I handed Minhyuk a vest and we both fitted it to our body. “Take off is in two hours, you should have the time to get ready,” he told us and the other 8 D.A members who would be accompanying me began strapping on vests. Now, the pressure was on!

Getting the right gear wasn’t tough, but getting all of the weapons and coming up with a plan in two hours? Hard as ! The planning just led to a bunch of shouting after I suggested my idea of just going in and screwing the out of them. Yeah they didn’t think about it the same way I did. Apparently we have to have a meeting point even if we’re given wireless headsets to communicate with Hell and each other…what’s the point of a meeting spot?! So we checked on the map at the table, we decided to meet at the portal door so we can zap out of there quickly. As we went in I would be in the front with Jihoon and Jiyong next to me (I don’t trust Jiyong with my life he chose the positions!) Minhyuk, Kyung, and Daesung would be on my right while Jiho, Jae Hyo, and Tae Il would be on the left. Finally that leaves our Defense Instructor, Youngbae, in the very back so we almost make an emerald shape. Once I had strapped on some more knives in my pockets along with a pistol on my right and a sword on my left I heard a call. “SEUNGHYUN HYUNG! IT’S TIME!” that voice was Tae Il, I really hope that cute kid doesn’t go. I might have to see that precious memory of his. My adrenalin level was suddenly taken up a notch, as well as my anxiety. The stress already has taken its toll on my for the last five years, it will finally come to an end! I raced outside, heading up the stairs and into the park where Se7en had the gun glowing blue in his hands. The other 9 D.A’s were also packed, they had light weight clothes and weapons strapped to nearly every part of their body, I did the same of course.

“Are you all ready?” Se7en inquired.

“Ne,” my heartbeat was drubbing in my head, rattling my brain and numbing out my ears. With Yukwon gone, Jihoon was the youngest, so he really looked like he was going to throw up! His face was all pale, well, most of us were pale except Jiyong and Youngbae. They were hard and draconian-looking, probably trying to look confident. I am confident in my abilities, I’m just worried about the outcomes that i won’t be able to impede.

“If we don’t come back, could you tell Chaerin and Dara we’re sorry?” Youngbae asked Se7en. How cheesy, that just screams Jiyong and him are in love! Although our superior Devil Hyung hadn’t even noticed about the two pairs…the idiot.

“Sure.” He didn’t even assure us that we won’t die…is he not expecting our return? Before any other last words were spoken Se7en raised his right arm and pulled the trigger. I watched as the six inch blue beam fired into the clouds, suddenly creating a sort of suction swirling cloud at the spot that had been shot at which was right above us. The clouds that circled darkened and a slight breeze picked up. How come I’ve never seen one of these before? As that thought occurred a sudden white stream of light flashed down on us causing Se7en to jump back. The light engulfed our circle and my heart nearly stopped as I felt my body lift off of the ground and shoot into the skies. I caught a brief glimpse of the black darkness of space before landing on some dusty white surface. It took a moment to realize I wasn’t standing on Earth and that the person in front of me was hissing with those creepy cheek holes...

 

A/N: Since people wanted the TOPBOM reunion to be quick I fast forwarded to the beginning of the battle! Don't forget to COMMENT and LOVE!! \(^.^)/