Chapter 17

Working Overtime

Thank you BigBangFanVIP for subscribing to this story! I'm gonna start adding some...more blackmail stuff so hopefully that can lead me somewhere so I'm able to write faster :P Enjoy this chapter!! 

 

~~~~

 

It was dark out when I opened my eyes again. We had landed in the park, we were back in Seoul. I stretched out my arms lazily slightly pushing Yukwon out of the way with a groan. “Oh dude, it’s Se7en,” I opened my eyes alertly and sure enough, the Devil was stomping over here with clenched fists and a deadly stare. His irises were blazing red and his scleroses had veins along the white, it scared the out of me! Oh he’s ing pissed…

“Oh ,” I repeated quietly and I walked out of the helicopter, Yukwon hurrying behind me. Se7en and I met halfway in between the helicopter and the entrance doors, he stared me down intensely even being like a centimeter shorter.

“You disobeyed orders, your broke through and hopped in,” he said straight forwardly.

“If I didn’t go they would’ve taken a whole week to get the water,” I insisted. At the pace they wanted to travel at, a week is the minimum! “I was only speeding up the process,”

“It’s true! When I got there the others weren’t near as motivated as Seunghyun—.”

“Yukwon!” Se7en snapped, interrupting the kitten faced fifth year. “Head back to your quarters, you’re not involved,” Yukwon hung his head slightly and walked down into the doors. Harsh, he’s still technically a kid! He turned to me, still with a fierce look on his face. “You too, get in your quarters before I kick your .” And on that happy note, I ran out of there and down the stairwell.

I bolted straight to my room, glad with that relaxed feeling I didn’t need to fight. You still have a punishment, you must. Se7en doesn’t let anyone off the hook, let alone you! Whenever I did things wrong I had to do punishment, whether it was acting up during practice to things like this I paid the consequences! I finally flopped onto my bed, taking in how fast and loud the pounding of my heart was. I touched my blue hair and sighed. Shower time. I walked into the adjoining bathroom and stripped off my clothes, then the steaming water. I lowered myself in, hissing and wincing as the heat of the water slightly shocked my body. Once I became adjusted to the warmth I let my head rest at the edge of the tub and a sigh escaped my lips. “You wear yourself out too much, Seunghyun,” I mumbled to myself. Getting in trouble all the time, yelling, fighting, stressing over everything can really tire someone out! Yeah, getting irritated at everything isn’t healthy for anyone but it just happens. My short fuse just blows up every time something I don’t like happens. People always tell me “dude, happens” yeah? Well who causes the ?! YOU DO!

I washed up my body and hair, careful to wash it so the blue dye doesn’t come out. I then dried off and dressed in a ribbed white tank top and dark gray sweats. I stretched out my arms, hearing a few satisfactory pops of relief. I don’t care, it’s time for bed. I didn’t sleep much on the trip and whether I want to admit it out loud or not, I was really exhausted after that walk! I flopped onto my bed, face first and turned over so I could breathe easier. I pressed my hand against my stomach, no not to compliment myself on my abs (but they’re awesome! xD) it’s a habit I do when I’m tired. I reached over to my lamp and twisted it off, the room now dark and the walls looked smoky gray instead of the original fire brick color. I yanked out the blanket from underneath me and laid it across myself, smiling contently. I haven’t smiled to myself in a while! As I rested in bed I thought about the fifth years. I’m on a personal level with Tae Il and Yukwon, I should get to know the others guys better. Not to mention they’re also looking forward to try and do something about the Catastrophic that killed their human friend B-Bomb/Minhyuk. I wonder how they even know Minhyuk since he was a human…

Demons that aren’t paired with Angels don’t go above ground. At least that’s how my generation did it! They seem rather playful and they might’ve broken some rules here and there but enough times or long enough to become acquaintances with someone takes skill! I wonder if any of the Instructors allowed them or know about it? Ah, oh well…I’ll ask tomorrow or something. I tossed around in my bed, looking for a comfortable spot until I found it. I curled up in the right of my bed and fell asleep soundly.

I groaned loudly. It echoed in my room. No, this isn’t my room. I felt the platform I was sleeping on, it was metal and cold but I still had my blanket. Oh I’m back in that little room now. I turned over and felt my hand slap against someone else’s face. “YAH!” he shouted and I opened my eyes, seeing Jihoon from the other day. I thought I was the only one in here! I didn’t get a good look or clear sound from him earlier, he had tinted orange hair, spiked up even after sleeping. And he looked kind of like a baby monkey, I don’t know why, he just did. But he seemed to also have a voice and eyes similar to mine. Our voices were deep and husky, yet I’m sure this guy is a lot younger!

“Sorry, Jihoon,” I mumbled and rubbed my eyes, the lights must’ve been on for a while it felt warm in the room!

“It’s okay,” he rubbed his eyes with his fists back and forth then opened and looked around. “Aw, they put me in here,” he grouched. I stood up, stumbling slightly from my grogginess. I stretched myself out, he probably got in trouble too so they made this like a punishment room or something.

“Yeah, what did you do?” I asked him and he grinned.

“I was just goofing off with the Hyungs; I might’ve pushed Tae Hyung into the pit,” he chuckled. No wonder Tae Il wasn’t there to pick us up!

“Oh, is he okay?” I wondered and Jihoon nodded as he stood. Damn I think this kid’s as tall as me! But yeah, Demons don’t usually go into those pits unless they’re trained, still, it was a bit funny! He walked over and looked through the small window, waving at other trainees.

“Ne, but they got mad at me because they had to get him out and he couldn’t go get you guys so I’m in here,” He shrugged and walked back to the metal table, sitting down in the chair I used to throw everywhere. “How long do you think we’ll be in here?” he asked me innocently, laying his head on the table.

“Maybe a day,” I shrugged. I didn’t know, honestly. But I couldn’t just say that to an innocent face like that! This guy’s like a baby!

“Well, Hyung. We can talk until they let us out!” he suggested, changing from sulking to smiling in a matter of seconds. I smirked at him and walked over, sitting on my blanket and wrapping myself.

“Ne!” I agreed.

“People say I resemble you, what do you think?” he questioned and pulled up his legs so he could wrap his arms around them and lean his head on his knees. The kid does seem like me, the voice, the eyes, the eyebrows, but what about his personality?

“Well, visually our faces seem similar but I think I’m a bit more violent than you!” I admitted. Jihoon looked upward to process and then slowly nodded.

“But we’re both jokesters!” he grinned.

“I guess so, you’re like the innocent side and I’m the aggressive side,” I said to him and he nodded. He paused for a moment and looked down. He looks really depressed when he looks down!

“I admire you a lot, Hyung. You’re a good Demon, but sometimes when people refer me to you they assume I’ll be like you,” he confessed and I bit my lip. Instructors just think that if you look like someone you’ll be just like them. They’re just stupid! This guy is a total cutie kid! I’m not like him, and he’s not like me. Thinking about resemblance made me go back to when I saw the Catastrophics through Bom, they said I was like the next Kim Dong Wan.

“I’m sorry; I gave our face a bad rep,” I mumbled and he smiled a little. “People also refer me to the Demon Kim Dong Wan, I’ve never heard of him but they might be teaching history to the newer generation,” I said and Jihoon looked up for a moment to ponder. He mumbled to himself for a few moments before snapping and nodding.

“Ne! Kim Dong Wan was in the first batch of Catastrophics, he was the one who figured about Catastrophics and the one who wanted to get rid of them!” Jihoon clenched his fist in victory of remembering the fact. What? I thought Se7en discovered Catastrophics! And I thought he also wanted to dispose them!

“So, Se7en lied to my generation,” I muttered. That’s bull! I’ll have something to talk to him about later then!

“I also heard that Kim Dong Wan was also a rebel like yourself, he didn’t kill but provoked and injured Catastrophics so badly, they ganged up on him when he was in that same park we use now. Although I was told he put up one Hell of a fight before some people double teamed him,” he added with another nod. A rebel, I guess you could say I’m a rebel. And I guess you could say I was pretty skilled with the whole fighting thing.

 “Hm, now I feel like the Instructors or leaders are telling us enough info about the past,” I mumbled. If they won’t tell me something that’s important for Demon history what else are they hiding?! I used to question authority, now, I’m curious if they know what to do as authority figures!

“Sometimes I think that too, the Devil is just so secretive it drives me crazy at times,” Finally! Someone who gets me!

“Ne, the ones who pull rank only do that. They pull rank. That’s why I prefer to be a field Demon, I don’t need to pull rank I can kick anyone’s if I want to,” I told him and he laughed, clicking his feet and hands together acting like a goofball. This kid! “But really, they’re trying to pull reins on us but that only makes me want to go further! Ironically the farther I get the better I can see the leaders. I see who they truly are, what they really do, how they really react. And to be honest, I’m really disappointed in them all,” I told him. The young fifth year nodded and urged me to go on with his hand. “I guess I was just created with this question to authority but it grew too quickly. The Special D.A’s are full of people who can’t handle it and the Devil isn’t open in trusting more people. I’m surprised he chose you guys to join!” I admitted. Suddenly Jihoon grew a giant smile on his face. Oh , that’s one devilish smile…

“We know something about the group that we aren’t supposed to, automatically Se7en wanted to recruit us,” He giggled, I dropped my jaw. Unless you were a part of it, secrets aren’t easy to find! I became curious, these kinds of secrets were usually very important. Especially to Se7en. “I can tell you,” Jihoon whispered. I love this kid!

“What is it?” I mumbled and he walked over, squatting down to my level. Was he really gonna tell me something serious? What if it’s not true? But this guy is innocent; he’s the maknae of his group. I trust what he says. Thinking these things my heart started to beat faster in anticipation, I want to hold something against all of these guys! I like the feeling of power against people who think they have power over me! It just gives me that feeling of accomplishment and leadership you know?

“Devil Sunbae is…” 

 

A/N: CLIFF HANGERS FOR THE WIN!