Chapter 21

Working Overtime

So today, I checked this story, and saw that someone else upped it! :O Whoever any of the three people who upped my story, I truly thank you. I deeply appreciate your love even from the readers who didn't. I would also like to add to my appreciation: Robotical, jazzalazza, and ninaaa_a! Thank you for subscribing, I think you'll like this chapter ;)

 

~~~~

 

It was probably months since I had cooked up the blackmail plot when I truly needed one of them. So far it’s nearly been a year since I’ve began my extra training, one more week until it’s been a full year. Recently I dyed my hair black again, cutting it neatly and dying it white on the top half, leaving the rest black. My hair is also gelled so that it points upward a bit in the front. I’ve regained most of my muscles except my legs; I still can’t run as far or long as I was able to do back then. I’ve also gotten used to writing in my journal; I was shocked I didn’t grow out of it like other things! At first I wrote pages and pages that turned to notebooks and notebooks full of goals, wishes, journal entries, and notes! It became a hobby, I’ve transformed quite a bit from a year ago. I am still irascible; I just let it out on pages more often now. But in public I am a lot calmer than I used to be, I found it a lot less stressful. People have noticed too so they wonder but I never say I don’t want them reading my notebooks those are personal. My main goal is still to find Bom and rescue her; if I can’t do that then I don’t know what to do with myself anymore.

When I finished my shower and checked off the date on my calendar I began to write about the day in a notebook with some free pages. Today was rather boring; I had just finished training with pistols/handguns so I could basically shoot one accurately in my sleep! Instructor Hoyoung had said it was because I would most likely be placed in close combat range so handguns were a necessity to master I was upgraded to snipers and rifles, long range weapons basically. Don’t worry I’m able to kill just as much as I usually am able to, I just keep it internally a bit more often. As I was in the middle of scribbling my thoughts I heard a knock on my front door and tossed my notebook into my shelf full. Running from my bed, shutting my bedroom door, and opening the door I was able to see Jiyong standing in my doorway. He had added rainbow colors from the front to the back of his blonde hair, it was still bleached on the sides and he cut it so that it was that was shaggy and had good looking uneven strands. It looked good but I don’t compliment him anymore. “Hoyoung said that tomorrow you’ll be starting education on the Catastrophics, it’s not a long course. You’ll be able to do it,” he chuckled and walked off like that; I looked after him and clenched my fist. Jiyong, you bastard, you’re lucky I’m writing right now! I growled slightly and walked back to my room, filling out my day’s entry.

I wasn’t tired after my fill of writing so I walked through the maze aimlessly, only eventually walking into the training arena. The night was winding down with the fatigued Demons trudging back to their rooms and the others hitting the mess hall to chat until curfew. I entered to get a late night snack but like every other time when you walk into a room all eyes get turned to you. I walked around nervously; the fifth years weren’t here this time they were probably tired from training. I walked through the room and queued in a line with about six people in front of me to get food. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and looked to the opposite side where Jiyong grinned, somewhat mockingly. “Oh man! I hoped for you to look the other way,” he said and I turned forward once more. “What? You don’t talk after 9?” he teased and I shrugged, not meeting his gaze. I still hate you, ever since I realized of what a dickhead you were you’ve changed. You’re so full of confidence, so conceited; I don’t get how Chaerin can be in love with you still! I wanted to shout but I stayed quiet, slightly chewing my tongue. “Seunghyun, you used to be fun, what happened? Fifth years caught your tongue?” he chuckled. I finally 180’d, seeing his cocky expression while I kept my poker face.

“And you? Damn son you’re so messed up I thought your face caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with a fork,” I said, loud enough for others to hear and laugh. Jiyong lost his grin.

“Yeah? Well you’ve gone soft, Seunghyun. So soft I thought someone turned up the heat on a bag of marshmallows,” a bit more laughter. I tightened my lips; I could see Youngbae, Chaerin, and even Dara giggling a bit. I’ve been alone, but this is the first time you’ve openly showed it.

“What’s wrong with your hair, Ji? Looks like a bag of crayons threw up on your head,” I challenged and he bit his bottom lip. I have a feeling I’ll have be witty tonight, good thing I’ve been writing more.

“How do you explain yours? It looks like the Civil War in your hair!” oh, bringing American history in this are we now? I scoffed slightly, curving the corners of my lips slightly.

 “I can still have class while you just seem childish, not fit to be the heir to the Devil with that ridiculous hair color,” I muttered seriously, no noise coming from the crowds. I glanced at the three former friends of mine, lingering my gaze on each of them causing some un-comfortableness to them. “Top me now,” I stared at him, waiting. There was a long silence, a giant drag until he opened his mouth.

“At least I’m fit enough to protect my Angel,” a giant moan came from the bystanders. He did not! I clenched my fist and threw it at his pretty boy face, he crossed the line. As he fell I grabbed his collar and yanked him upward, my lips against his ear. Anger coursing my veins to a boiling level.

“At least I’m not in love with her,” I hissed and shoved his chest onto the ground, making his head bang onto the stone ground. He blinked chronically but stared at me wide-eyed, wondering how I knew. “I have evidence too, you better shut your mouth Jiyong!” I cried and kicked his ribs roughly; glad a moan of agony came from his cursed mouth. I heard footsteps running over to the scene but I turned and held out my hand in front of Youngbae followed by Chaerin and Dara. “If you’re smart you won’t help him, I have loads of blackmail on you guys you have no idea. I can expose your little love for Se7en and everyone to see, oh, you’ll be in some deep then,” I hissed.

“You don’t have the balls,” Youngbae spat, but Dara laid a hand on his shoulder. I stepped next to his ear so no one else could eavesdrop.

“Listen to your girlfriend, Bae,” I used that nickname with loathing and fury. It was something I called him, now, he has an Angel to call him that. “Because I have more guts than you will ever have. I have more knowledge than you will ever know. And I am more powerful than you will ever be,” I mumbled and threw him to the ground next to Jiyong. I looked at the Angels, intimidated and wide-eyed. “You better stay good, because this isn’t even close to the worst I could do,” I threatened and pressed on Youngbae’s chest with my foot, restricting his air flow for a moment and I stomped away from the scene. My anger soon leaving me when I realized I have more to write in my entry.

I updated my journal entry for today, talking about my argument and my decision to pull up my first two blackmails against Jiyong/Chaerin and Youngbae/Dara. It felt kind of good; I like the feeling of being in power being the puppet master the one pulling the strings. It’s just a good feeling! I shut my notebook with a stressed sigh and placed it with the others, on top since it wasn’t completely filled yet and was the most recent. I stretched across my bed and lay on my side, feeling my stiff neck. I shut my eyes and took a few deep breaths so I didn’t totally spaz out. I hate people sometimes.

I awoke with the buzzer on my alarm ringing in my eardrums. I slapped my hand over the button to cease the annoying sound and I pressed my weak tired arms into the mattress so I pushed myself up. I walked into my bathroom and squeezed some sticky gel onto my hand, smearing it into my hair. After arranging my hair and getting dressed into my gold lined uniform I exited my cave. I walked over to the training arena, getting a few looks from people last night who witnessed me and Jiyong’s spat. I’m supposed to be starting my Catastrophic education today. I was never close to the Education Instructor so I don’t necessarily remember him.  I scoped the area until I noticed a guy that looked a lot like Brian the Catastrophic! He only had reddish brown hair swept to the right. I nearly froze but I realized it wasn’t him, it was Instructor Woo Hyuk, the Education Instructor. I breathed easier and walked towards him, nodding and he silently guided me to a small room which had a dark wooden desk in the middle I which I sat down. Back when I was originally training there were at least thirty of us in bigger rooms, it felt weird to be the only one in here… “I’m gonna show you some things no one else knows about Catastrophics, sometimes Se7en won’t know what I’m teaching you but it’s my duty to make you prepared intelligence wise,” he said and swept long letters in white chalk across the black board. So I’ll know some more stuff no one else does, sweet! “Questions before I begin?” I shook my head.

So he began teaching me about Catastrophics, starting with the really boring history before getting recent. Instructor Woo Hyuk said Catastrophics were just advanced aliens; they’ve been around since humans have so for a hella long time! They have brains that allow them to be more adaptable along with that competitive spirit that makes them a lot more cunning than we are. Yeah right! I can adapt and I have competitive spirit! Does that mean I’m more cunning than the other Demons? Probably, anyway, we spent detail over the history of Catastrophics. He made me scribble down notes for each century so that was a lot of notes for only one century! He finally allowed me to leave for lunch at one in the afternoon. I pulled my arms out as a stretch and as I walked towards the mess hall I intercepted Jiyong and Chaerin. “Oh ,” I said and turned around to run but Ji put a hand on my shoulder.

“Don’t say anything to Se7en,” he sounded like he was begging? Pleading even… I then smirked. I turned around to face him, his eyes soft and they carefully held hands. No one’s around, they’re training.

“Why shouldn’t I? You crossed the border Ji! You blamed me for Bom’s disappearance! That’s low, even for someone as sick as you!” I grabbed each of their arms, breaking the connection, and shoved them apart from each other forcefully as I could without either of them falling. If I can’t have Bom, why should he have Chaerin? I stared at both of them, I stopped at Chae. “How can you love him? He’s so insensitive, conceited, and nonchalant. Not to mention you’re sinning!” I added and glared at Jiyong. “And you! What happened to not being tied down? You’re disobeying your father, breaking rules that can put both of you in danger, and risking not only you guys but Youngbae and Dara who are in the same situation and close to you be relation,” If you can break Jiyong, it’s with people he cares about. He may be conceited at times but he’s never truly selfish with ones he loved. With the tense silence hanging in the air I shrugged my shoulders. “I’m hungry, move,” they didn’t so I shoved past them and entered the mess hall.

I ate silently with Tae Il and Kyung, they talked but I didn’t. I just ate and had to get back to class. As I listened to Woo Hyuk I wrote notes again, taking hours to fill in multiple pieces of papers of achievements, meaningful quotes and speeches, wars and ground breaking decisions and experiments, finally leading up to the present time. From years ago they would’ve sounded stupid! Now they’re just so damn smart! But really, all he talked about for the day was history. Instructor Woo Hyuk said that we would learn about weapon development and capturing the human souls for another day. When I exited the little room the training arena was empty although some people were in the mess hall like the other night. Maybe I’ll get some fun out of there again. I strode over and walked in, ignoring the same faces from previous along with a few new ones. Yes, Ji, Chae, Bae, and Dara were sitting with each other but this time a few of the fifth years (actually sixth years now) were here. Jihoon, Jae Hyo, and Yukwon were snacking on a bunch of popcorn, ice cream, and chips. I rolled my eyes but sat down next to Yukwon who smiled angelically. Yeah, I can call him angelic now! I see Minji around more often and she and Yukwon sometimes hang out with me so it’s just the three of us. I guess we’re pretty close now, I like that Minji can trust me now. “Hey, how’s the new year? You guys are learning defense right?” I shoveled a handful of buttery popcorn in my mouth and they nodded lazily.

“Ne, Instructor Youngbae teaches us,” I shivered, the thought of Bae teaching my friends. It disturbed me a bit. “I think he goes tougher on us because of it,” Jae Hyo moaned and I smirked.

“I pulled out some blackmail on him, he’ll be easier,” I whispered and they froze.

“Really? On Jiyong and Youngbae Hyung?” Jihoon mumbled and I nodded. “Oh, it’s been a year hasn’t it?” he chuckled.

“I didn’t really think about it, I just said it,” I shrugged and pulled out a thin potato chip. Yukwon nudged me slightly and I looked over. He gestured to behind and I turned to see Youngbae and Jiyong waiting for me. “I’ll be back,” I sighed and stood walking over to the irritated pair. “What? Sad you didn’t get to make fun of me the other day?” I asked Youngbae.

“Yeah, actually I am,” he said but Jiyong put a hand on his chest, pushing him back slightly.

“No, let him. I won’t say anything now but I might hit you,” I grinned, stretching my neck. Jiyong glanced at me then back at his best friend, he stepped away. “Youngbae, you were so innocent. Did Dara spread some fairy dust over you?”

“Seunghyun, it looks like you’re the one becoming childish, hanging with sixth years,” he backed up and I smirked.

“At least my friends can care and respect, yours. What is there to say about yours?” I sighed dramatically and heard the guys laughing quietly. Youngbae tightened his fist.

“You spend hours locked in your room, cry in there?” he wondered. Only sometimes…

“Nah, I take the time to actually doing something worth living for,” I shrugged.

“Like what?” he gritted his teeth and stepped closer to my face. I felt his breath, shaky yet firm and hot.

“Like plotting how to take you down,” I responded and his cheeks flushed slightly. Youngbae is a lot angrier than Jiyong; he probably believes that he didn’t have to be blackmailed as much as Jiyong did. “Let’s end here, I’m too tired to think of anything offending,” I said and walked out of the mess hall, after popping some more popcorn from the guys. I lifted my hand without turning back in salutation and headed towards my room. Suddenly I heard someone running to me, I circled and gawked at Youngbae who was charging at me with his fists raised. My friends were running, his friends were running I had barely any time before his fist hooked against my chin sending me upwards. 

 

A/N: Woohyuk is actually Jang Woo Hyuk from the group H.O.T back in 1996-2001. Woohyuk was the main dancer and main rapper of the group...cause like all my biases are either dancers or rappers....sorry for discrimination :P And so SHEET! Taeyang totally knocked T.O.P out! :O