Chapter 23

Working Overtime

I hope you guys like this next chapter, it has a little flashback in it and I might be mentioning another Bom vision soon after this chapter...who knows? ;)

 

~~~~

 

“SEUNGHYUN!” my head flew up, startle most likely shown in my eyes. I realized I was in the classrom. I covered my ears and moaned loudly, also rubbing my eyes of the grogginess. I guess I fell asleep during Instructor Woo Hyuk’s lecture. I cleared my throat and met eyes with the irritated teacher.

“I’m sorry, Instructor,” I mumbled. I had some late training going on with Instructor Hoyoung; he was trying to perfect my skills with a sniper since I can’t get a hold of where to shoot and to shoot quickly. It’s been a week since I pulled out the blackmail card on Jiyong, Chaerin, Youngbae and Dara. That meant today was the one year marking of my extra training.

“You have to know this stuff, yeah, it’s boring I don’t even remember how I became an Education Instructor but it’s crucial in the mission to happen in like four years right?” I stayed silent. “Pay attention, everyone going with you, and even Bom, depend on you knowing this stuff,” That changes everything…Bom. I still miss Bom, I miss her so badly. I haven’t had one of those visions or dreams with Bom in them for a year now. I really want one of those again. “As I was saying—.”

“Instructor? Can I ask about something?” I raised my hand and he paused, nodding. “What are the Catastrophics’ weaknesses?” I wondered. Remember when I told about last week? When Minji and Yukwon were talking about weaknesses? Yeah, what’s theirs’ if everyone has one?

“Well, like humans each of them is different. It depends on the Catastrophic themselves. Although, I do know that a lot of them are vainglorious. Conceited, big headed, something along those lines. Often they die because of this which is useful. I’m sure that since they travel in pairs now that they’ll have someone assigning those pairs, a leader of some sort,” my mind went back to Brian, the little captain, and I clenched my fist. “Catastrophics are kind of like us in that way, they, most of the time, obey to the high ranked. If you were to perhaps kill or abduct the higher ranked person you might be able to use that to your advantage. Maybe to understand a code, learn a person, make an alliance, or anything that could help.” Oh, so another form of blackmail is kidnapping? Good to know…

I got Woo Hyuk into the fact of Catastrophic weaknesses or weak points. He highlighted the areas like reflexes in their bodies to the way their minds work. I finally found something useful to jot down on my novel of notes! Even if I eagerly wrote down, in detail, the information my hand was cramping when I stepped out of the classroom. I flexed my fingers to warm them up and jaunted towards the mess hall. I enjoy eating there now, I still see my old friends, but I get to talk to my closer ones and junk out. Like I said, inside I saw Jiho, Tae Il, and Kyung sitting at one table off to the side but Seungri, Daesung, Youngbae, and Jiyong were sitting at one of the tables in the middle. They brought all the guys, what are they up to? I glanced at the four of them but sat down next to Kyung and smiled as if nothing bothered me. It was difficult. “Hey, Seunghyun, how you doing?” Kyung asked me, in that greasy but livable voice.

“Fine, cramping hand though,” I mumbled and Tae Il slid over his soda which I drank down my depleted throat. The bubbles tickled my taste buds and I smirked a little after handing it back. “How’s Youngbae treating you guys?” I wondered.

“Better now, ever since you scared him with that blackmail ,” Jiho grinned and popped a potato chip. He better be, I can scream the secret out loud and he’ll be over for good! I stood up to get some food and queued in line when I could just feel someone no good standing behind me. I glanced behind my shoulder and saw Seungri.

“Are you mad at me Hyung?” he wondered, sounding polite and frightened as always.

“Not necessarily you, but I just don’t care for you guys anymore,” I sighed honestly.

“Why?” he asked again. I turned around and looked at him, a couple inches shorter still.

“Because I’m tired of fighting with you guys, I’m irritable, I can’t think straight, I’m constantly rocking between okay, angry, and depressed. You guys couldn’t stand it so I decided I couldn’t stand you,” I told him. Seungri pouted his lip out a little, glancing at the ground. As a maknae of the guys, he must feel lonely. I used to be the elder in the group so I would include him in conversations and jokes. Could it be they’re starting to push him away like before? I got steamed by that thought; I’ve felt how it is to be pushed away. Honestly it doesn’t feel good but you can’t do that to someone who is by far younger than you are. They’re someone who looks up to you; pushing them away because you might find them a bit annoying isn’t fair. Especially with Seungri! I still don’t get how this mischievous kid can have related scandals… “Come here,” I grabbed his arm and dragged him over to the table where the other three older than him sat. They stared at me oddly as I sat Seungri down. “You better treat him right, you better be including the maknae. I didn’t include him for all those years for him to be forgotten,” I muttered and walked off, leaving them speechless. I stood over my friends’ table and breathed. “Have fun, I’ve lost my appetite,” I told them, they nodded in understanding, and I headed off to my room.

I didn’t necessarily want to go back to my room so I wandered aimlessly in the labyrinth, getting lost before I could even think. I should cool off, control my emotions. So I stuffed my hands into my uniform pockets and shuffled around in the hall I was currently stuck in. I still care for Seungri and Daesung; it’s just Jiyong and Youngbae I can’t handle! Seungri, I only have blackmail for in case of emergencies. Daesung, his blackmail is interesting so I’m keeping it! Not to mention since I’ve begun by putting Youngbae’s and Jiyong’s in play I could need theirs’ sometime too. I slowly walked, seeing different caves with names engraved into them. I saw Jihoon’s and Yukwon’s, I even saw Youngbae’s and Daesung’s. I had wondered pretty randomly, I just keeping thinking about the same old topics over and over. I renewed information from lessons with Woo Hyuk, replayed techniques with Hoyoung, remembered experiences with Tablo, and had familiar emotions resurface. I dated back all the way to even before a year ago, to Bom’s last smile meant for me. I stopped in my tracks and leaned against a random wall with my head on my arm. Don’t cry Seunghyun, not until you come back to your room. We had been on the roof, it was a beautiful silvery full moon with a pitch black backdrop, and we were both cooling off after an argument. It was a few days before the kidnapping.

I rubbed my heated pink face with my hands, feeling the uncomfortable warmth under my collar even if the air was cold enough to see my breath. Bom sat at least ten feet away from me, her back was turned and she didn’t speak. I don’t even remember the argument; I just know we always get this pissed after one. I cooled a little, leaning back on my palms and allowing the air to hit my neck. “Bom, talk to me,” I groaned but there came no reply. “Come on, Bommie, you can’t shut up forever. And if you can it’s about time,” I joked and I heard a little huff of amusement. Still no words. I carefully stood up and stepped over, shoving my hands into my jean pockets quickly, but she still wouldn’t look at me. I sighed and took in my surroundings, trying to figure out a way where she would turn to me. So, being the jackass I was, I ran in place along the roof. “Bom! Falling!” I lied as loudly as I could.

“Tabi!” she whipped around urgently and then shoved her face into her hands while I chuckled at her. “God, you ,” She mumbled and I sat down next to her, taking one of her hands.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have yelled so loudly at you,” I apologized and she faced me, her milky white face shining in the light along with her dark brown eyes.

“We always fight, then we always come up here, and this always happens. It’s a routine now it’s who we are,” she mumbled.

“But I’m sick of the fighting and the blood boiling, I just want us to be partners,” I said and she rolled her eyes slightly. “Hey, don’t roll your eyes at me!”

“We always say that and then we’ll be back to normal in like two days. Face it Tabi, that’s the way we are. We gotta live with it; we’ve been living with it for what? Ten years?” I nodded. “And besides, I’m pretty sure you like it when we fight,” she grinned slightly, that grin always made me smile back.

“Maybe a little,” I shrugged and she laughed heartily, leaning into my shoulder as we held hands and gazed at the moon. She was right, this was routine. Just like how we always hugged, held hands, and joked with each other even if we weren’t in love. Although at the time I didn’t realize I had already fallen for her. I didn’t think our separation would be such an impact on me. And I would’ve never known that could’ve been our last peaceful, happy moment together. Although that’s not the part I cry when I think of…

“Promise me that we’ll be together until the end Tabi, even if we do argue and fight and scream,” Sshe mumbled. And I looked at her; I looked at her in those innocent deep brown eyes. Those eyes that were so vulnerable, even if for a moment. And I smiled, I smiled and I hate myself for smiling. To her then it might’ve been sweet and charming but to me now, it’s melancholy, deceiving, and sinister.

“I promise Bommie,” I had broken that final promise and lied right in her face about it.

I had panic in my heart as I replayed the scene, I ran to my room. My eyesight was already blurring from the tears that were begging to be released. I pulled open the door, slammed it shut once I entered and slid down the circular wood. I let the tears seep out, darkening the colors on my shirt and pants. I made no sounds, no groans, no whimpers, no wailing. I just cried silently and didn’t attempt to muster any noise. I didn’t want someone hearing me, the great powerful Seunghyun, best of his generation, a man who showed only anger and frustration crying alone in his room because of an Angel. But she’s not just an Angel, she was mine and I let her down. I felt more tears trickling down my face and it hurt my chest. It gagged my throat so it felt itchy but I made no racket. After my heartbeat steadied I reached up to my eyes and wiped the tears away, feeling the dried water on my cheeks and neck. Done, it took five minutes but you’re done. Enough crying, you’re stronger than this. I stood up and took off my uniform jacket, walking around my room with a tank top on. I slipped off the pants and put on comfortable PJ’s, falling in a feeble position on my bed. I closed my eyes and quietly gasped into my pillow attempting to calm myself. “At least you controlled the flow after you came into your room. If someone saw you that would be disastrous,” I said to myself. It’s true, if someone saw me (or worse if Jiyong or Youngbae saw me I’d be in some deep ) it would ruin my reputation. That’s something important to Demons, rank. Right now I’m pretty high, if I cried publicly, that would drop to who knows where? At least it's been a year since you full on cried. I took another calming breath in before I nodded off. 

 

A/N: Should I add a Bom vision? Tell me in comments so don't forget to COMMENT!