Chapter 5

Working Overtime

Thanks to my next five subscribers: mitchaj, geezleweez, SpunkiMonki, chasingbom, and poofers! I'm gonna have to get into the habit of updating two stories so forgive me if I'm negligent on this story, it's not that I don't love this one :P 

 

~~~~

 

Gross! Bom flirted with a Catastrophic! That’s disgusting! I shivered a little as I thought about if she got any further with the non-human being. I followed Jiyong into the cave with Bae, Dae, and Seungri. I was helping Seungri inside since he injured his leg fighting one of the Catastrophics and we entered the once sacred lair. There was a large and rugged red table in the middle of the room with a map of an unknown area laid on top. I assisted Seungri into settling in a chair and watched Youngbae and Daesung sweep the map away and rest the bodies on the table. “The hearts are still in the same area but, it’s hard to tell what’s different since it’s been a while since we had to see the insides of a Catastrophic. I guess we were neglecting such an important topic,” Jiyong grumbled angrily as other Demons began dissecting the bodies. I’ve seen worse. I told myself so I didn’t throw up but honestly I’ve never truly seen the organs of a Catastrophic.

“Wait, what’s that?” Youngbae pointed to the center of the body of “Siwon” after a bit of digging. A light blue flash caught my eye and before thinking I reached into the body and felt something smooth and dry, not to mention cool. Okay, did I just put my hand into a dead man’s body? Oh my God…

“Do you guys have an extra pair of shades?” I asked quickly, wanting to get my hand from there!

“They don’t have souls,” a voice called from behind me, a very familiar and powerful voice at that.

“I have an idea,” I insisted and felt a pair of sunglasses in my other palm. I slipped them on and my suspicions were confirmed. I could see it now, why couldn’t anyone see that flash? The pure blue souls found inside of humans was inside of this monster. I pulled my hand out and slipped it into the other monster; I could see he also obtained a pale blue wisp. “Knew it, they’re taking away human souls. They’re gonna kill millions of people until all of them get a soul,” I growled.

“And you suspected this without the glasses?” the voice wondered and I nodded. I pulled my hand out, grasping the small fluttering soul, and pressed it against a towel. God how can the others do this?!

“Ne, Devil Hyung,” I bowed and heard him chuckle.

“I told you! Call me Se7en.”

The Devil—I mean Se7en likes to be ironic so he uses Se7en as an alias for some reason. Probably because seven is supposed to be a lucky number…At least he has reddish brown hair, my blue hair was mine! Although he might not look it, Se7en is actually experienced and wise even as a jokester. Also, he’s pretty deadly with weapons! Especially the old fashioned ones, probably why he makes us use swords and things like that still instead of firearms. Se7en got a look of the little souls before they vanished and his face stiffened, like every part of it! His eyes hardened and dulled, his jaw line became more distinct, and his face flushed an agitated shade of red. “I see, well, you should go home Seunghyun. Rest up,” he told me. Really? Now?!

“How can I rest when this is happening?!” I waved my arms, gesturing to “Siwon” who was slowly morphing back into his Catastrophic figure. It looked even worse as a Catastrophic…

“I’ll have the Special D.A’s take care of it, you should go back to Bom.” I totally forgot about Bom…and who are the Special D.A’s?

“Fine.” I didn’t want to go back though, not after that argument.

is happening, crap is going on and I can’t think straight! I don’t wanna go back to Bom, I know we were supposed to last for another long while but the numbers on our wrists are just numbers right? I appeared softly next to Bom’s door. She’ll understand, she doesn’t like me anyways. She’s thinks I’m a buzzkill and over serious anyway! We’re just way too different to even use the saying “opposites attract”! I gently knocked on the door. “Bom I need to talk to you,” I mumbled. No answer. It isn’t that hard to get up and answer is it? Or even yell at me! “Bom,” I groaned and pushed the door open into her room. Before my mind could process it my body already did. I started shaking and fear found its way into my chest. Not only was there no sign of Bom her room was toppled upside down! I ran down the staircase and turned in every direction. “BOM!” OH !

I raced around and inside the house looking for Bom, but I knew I was just wasting time. Bom’s gone! These Catastrophics are going to die for taking my Bommie! I haven’t called her that in a long time, now I might never get to call her that. I wiped away my eyes furiously, I just felt like crawling into a ball and crying or screaming or doing something to vent out my feelings. Wh-where do I go? Those Catastrophics are planning something; things aren’t the way they used to be. Who do I tell? That’s easy: Se7en and Gummy.

Gummy is the Head Angel who also forms many Angels in Heaven. I don’t know why these superiors choose the oddest names but really she’s a little carefree, I think that’s where Bom got it…I quickly arrived back in Hell and I raced around searching for Se7en. I went to the Operation Cave but the door was sealed over the entrance. this! I thought and threw it to the side as if it was paper. Inside I saw three Angels; Bom was friends with all of them, Chaerin, Dara, and Minji. Daesung and Seungri were also in there as well as Youngbae and Jiyong. Se7en and Gummy were both in there, looking at me with fire. “This is a private meeting!” Se7en began.

“SHUT THE UP I DON’T ING CARE ABOUT YOUR MEETING BOM IS MISSING!” I screamed at him.

“Bom’s missing?!” Gummy had worried plastered on her face, everyone had some sort of emotion written across their foreheads.

“Yes! She’s gone! I went home and I couldn’t find her,” I slumped to my knees and rested my head on the table. Tears gently fell from my eyes, I don’t usually cry. I don’t like to cry, it shows my emotional side which shows weakness but I couldn’t help it. It’s true that you don’t know what you really have, until it’s gone. When you finally get that feeling, it’s the worst in the world. I said she drove me insane, which is true, but I liked it when we were together. I liked it when she was safe, I failed as her bodyguard.

I was taken into the Operation Cave and consoled by the Angels while my Demon friends were screaming only a few feet away at each other. Se7en and Gummy were speaking privately about the situation. Everyone was trying to figure out how the Catastrophics are evolving and becoming wicked so abruptly. How they’re coming to the planet is still a mystery but now we’re trying to hurry it up with the investigation. I still don’t know what the Special D.A’s are but I suspect they’re gonna tell me soon, the name is just so secretive I have to know. Maybe it could help with Bom’s case…