Chapter 3

Working Overtime

Thank you to my next two subscribers: majorVIP & aucui02! This is an extra long chappie just cuz I loves you guys!! :DD

~~~~

Our feet landed onto the dark wood floor of our home. I like more mellow colors but Bom is pretty bright so we compromised with the wall, floors, and the stairs dark wood and the furniture is a bit brighter. I quickly kicked off my black sneakers and placed them next to the front door. I fell on the suede red couch with white pillows and threw my sunglasses on the glass coffee table. I so tired. I cuddled with one of the pillows and closed my eyes to rest when suddenly I was forced to open them again by a hard slap on the cheek.

Bom never hit me and I never hit her, I stopped her from flirting with “Siwon” so what?! My cheek stung a bit and it felt warm in that particular spot. I shot my eyes at her, she looked ing pissed. “What the was that for?!” I shouted and sat up.

“What the is wrong with you?! Can’t you see I was busy?!” she asked and slammed her jacket onto another red chair. I stood and stretched my arms out.

“You shouldn’t be flirting while we’re on the job,” I sighed and also took off my jacket but laid it gently on the couch instead.

“I was done with my job! I was looking for you in the field when I met Siwon!” she did not just blame me!

“Okay, it’s not my fault I took longer than usual! I didn’t even have time to punish people—!”

“So you skipped out on your job?!” she interrupted annoyingly. I started losing it, I was tired, angry, I was gonna blow soon!

“Technically I did, but I had a good reason for it!” I told her.

“We were sent out here to level it out in the human world! We have to do something when we’re here and we have to do that for another one hundred and ten years! What in the world could you have been doing?!” she growled.

“I WAS ING BUSY SAVING MY FROM A CATASTROPHIC BASTARD! THEN I WAS BUSY WORRYING ABOUT YOUR AND WHERE IN THE ING HELL YOU WERE!” I exploded; I could feel my eyes flaming with rage.

“I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF!” she insisted. You don’t even care that I fought my first Catastrophic and the fact that they’re now in pairs. I was genuinely worried for you and you don’t even care. Why does that aggravate me even more?

“HOW?! YOU DON’T HAVE TRAINING! YOU DON’T HAVE WEAPONS! IT’S MY JOB TO PROTECT YOU AND SOMETIMES YOU JUST DRIVE ME INSANE!” okay that last part was uncalled for but it was what I felt at the moment.

“Why don’t you just leave then? Forget the numbers on our wrists,” she muttered. When I pushed the fury away I saw tears b her eyes. I realized my fists were clenched and I probably looked like I was gonna hit her or something like that.

“B-Bom,” I reached forward which caused her to run up the stairs and slam the door to her room.

“Just leave!” she shouted.

Look, I’m so tired and hot right now but what the hell? I’m going to Hell. I decided and I went to my room to change. I softly walked up the stairs and gently opened and closed the door to my room. My room’s pretty basic, it’s just a bed, a closet, a desk, and a night stand. Although, the more personal things are scattered around my room. My laptop rests on the white desk closed and waiting to be opened. My weapons are lined against the walls sorted by importance and lethality. On my nightstand there’s a lamp in case I need it. I walked over to my closet sliding the door open and looked through it. I switched my jeans out with gray shorts since in my homeland it’s flaming hot! I combed back my hair and snapped my fingers. Hopefully someone down there can help me out.

I flashed myself so that I stood next to the edge of one of Hell’s burning fire pits. I peered in, glad to feel the familiar heat on my face. I took a moment to breathe without stress in my body when I felt a slight push. I instantly gripped onto the person’s arm making them shout out loud. They helped me up and I turned to see who it was. I met eye to eye with the famous eye smile made by this guy, his Mohawk hair still didn’t change and his well-built body was still intact. “What the frick Youngbae?!” I slapped his shoulder and he laughed. Youngbae was in the same batch of Demons as me but he was selected to be a Defense instructor.

“Hey, Seunghyun long time no see!” he greeted.

“Yeah, I just needed time away from Bom,” I sighed and he nodded.

“You guys seem to have it rough. I’ve seen lots of early pairs none of them have as many arguments,” Bae commented and I sat down on a stone bench. Suddenly I did a double take; this was the bench Bom observed me on. It brought back comforting memories; I didn’t want to be an instructor so when Bom was watching I wanted to impress her so she would choose me. Inside I was excited and anxious to see if Bom had chosen me or not, I played it down when we were in the Uniting Temple. Youngbae sat next to me and we looked around, I watched the younger generations of Fire Demons. Some were just being formed, others were training, a few were talking with Angels, and then I saw a pair walk into the Uniting Temple happily. I scoffed, Bom and I were nothing like that!

“I don’t get how I can stay with her for another day let alone a century,” I groaned and pushed my hair back out of my face.

“You should see Daesung and Seungri, at least no one else wants your Angel,” he pointed towards a platinum haired boy with slanted eyes arguing with another guy with thin black hair and panda eyes.

“What’s up with them?” I mumbled to Bae.

“They claim the same Angel was checking them out, I heard she’s Bom’s friend Minji,” he informed and I stood up. Same years fighting over one Angel, how barbaric. I walked over to the two and they stopped to look at me. They each had dark green eyes signaling they were younger than me and they noticed by bowing in respect.

“So, same Angel checked you guys out huh?” they nodded. “Minji’s gonna be her name?” What did Bom tell me about Minji? I’ve met her before, she’s cute but too young for me. Is she a flirt? No, that’s not it…oh right! “Minji is a special Angel…”

“I know! That’s why I want her! I don’t want to be an instructor!” the panda eyed one shouted.

“She saw me first Seungri!” Daesung growled.

“Minji!” I interrupted. “She is a special ops Angel, training for exclusive missions only highly authorized personnel are to be told of. Even I don’t know why they’re recruiting different Demons and Angels,” I admitted.

“So, what does that mean?” Seungri asked, confused. I rolled my eyes.

“It means Minji, along with another handful, is an Angel that will not have a partner. She was probably evaluating you guys or just admiring you,” I shrugged and they slumped their shoulders.

“Sorry, Seungri,” Daesung held out his hand and they shook with a smile.

“What are you doing down here Hyung?” Seungri turned to me.

“Taking a break from my partner,” I sighed.

“Oh! Right, you and Bom are one of the most uncooperative pairs out there,” Daesung remembered and I nodded slowly.

“I like Home, it’s warmer than Seoul. I get lonely too, Bom doesn’t understand a lot. Once you guys get partners you should join me!” I suggested. I need more guy time, either I visit Hell more often or they come up!

“Maybe—.” Seungri began when suddenly our area became clouded with smoke. 

 

A/N: I'm torn between two different endings to this story, please vote! Gamsahabnida!!