Chapter 31

Working Overtime

I would like to thank my latest subscriber: SpringTempoLove2006! I apologize for updating a bit late, but I hope you enjoy this next chapter. 

 

~~~~

 

So, over the week I continuously practiced my maneuvers. The starting ones weren’t too difficult; I can hold my concentration for a while now! But the whole “displaying my concentration towards an object” thing is pretty hard…I also figured out Minhyuk’s personality from interviewing the seventh years, it seemed a bit easy to be in this guy’s shoes. He already seemed good looking, a dancer which meant his body would’ve been good, his friends described him as a sharp character, and this guy was respectful! That’s an all-around guy! Man, I wish I traded spots with him for a day! But this would still be difficult; I had about six minutes to change nearly everything about him! Defrosting him would be burdensome as well…

I dressed myself normally as a human would since Minhyuk would be shaken up by my uniform. I put on a black V-neck and tan khakis, then I headed towards the Special D.A’s cave where B-Bomb would be waiting already defrosted. Glad I don’t have to be the guy defrosting him! I had my soul seeker sunglasses and my notes, that was pretty much all I needed to finish my task. As I entered I saw his cold frozen body, lying lifelessly and Jae Hyo, Kyung, and Jiho ran out quickly. Immediately I opened up my notebook and lifted my hand. Step one, fix his neck. I breathed and focused; I shifted my hand so my palm faced to the side and heard a sharp snap. Step two, adjust inner organs. I’ve spent at least two hours just staring at the human anatomy system and the Catastrophic system so I pictured it in my mind. I slowly and smoothly curved my hands so the heart moved to the left side of the rib cage instead of the right. I fixed the veins quickly; veins weren’t so bad to move. I sealed up the small slits in the cheeks and fixed the teeth along with his eyes becoming dark brown. I then sat down and forced myself to travel inside his mind, I could see the darkness. So I illustrated brightness, purer intentions, a laughable sense of humor, an incredible dancing experience, and even smaller details like having the habit of shaking his foot or twirling his pencils with his fingers. I slipped my sunglasses over my eyes and saw a fading swirling ball of blood red soul; I washed my hand over the spot of the soul and remembered the color of my hair. That was how pure I wanted Minhyuk to be! Am I forgetting anything before I start his heart? I’m not. And with that thought I pressed my hands over his chest, the left side, and I pressed down with all my power. Please be good please be okay. “Please be normal Minhyuk,” I quietly prayed and stepped back.

The pressure is ON! I checked my watch, it had only been five minutes since they defrosted him, was that all of the allotted time allowed for B-Bomb? I mean he is a Catastrophic; would he have already entered Hell in the pits? What if I was too slow to bring Minhyuk back? I stared at the body; suddenly I could see a slight lift in his chest causing a cool relaxing sensation to overcome me. He’s breathing, oh thank goodness. His eyes fluttered open, I froze and looked over on my tiptoes when he turned to me. “Oh it wasn’t just a dream!” he shouted and jumped up alarmingly. I backed up, startled by his shouting. Both relief and reflexes took over my body as his eyes darted around the room, quickly taking in his surroundings.

“Woah! Minhyuk calm down I’m not gonna hurt you!” I told him and threw my hands up higher. Minhyuk breathed heavier, suddenly collapsing to his knees and exaggerating his breath. He groaned, almost painfully.

“Oh, dear God it wasn’t a dream. It felt like I dream but it really happened, I really killed people,” he muttered and rubbed his hands around his shirt and face, as if clarifying the reality of it all. “Oh man, oh man! You’re a Demon!” he pointed to me and I nodded. “Demons aren’t real!”

“Woah man, this so-called “fake Demon” just brought you back to life so let’s hold up on the whole real or not real thing,” I said protectively and he rolled onto his side. He’s taking this well…

“Oh, God. C-can I see the guys?” he scrambled up and dusted himself off, looking at me with those cat-like eyes. He’s so much more innocent than I expected, a lot more innocent than B-Bomb. Did I bring him back correctly?

“Sure, stay here. I’ll call them over,” I pointed to the spot he stood in and he went rigid, as if I would hurt him if he moved a muscle. I stepped over to the door and opened it up. Sure enough, all six of them stood outside waiting for me to get them. “He’s all yours,” I said and they ran in as I exited with a small smile. I could hear their shouts for joy and rejoicing, they were really happy and I was really glad.

If there weren’t any accusations then it wouldn’t be reality. Of course Minhyuk was confused and hurt by the secret, and the guys had to all sit down for a long and heated chat about being Demons. They apologized for getting him into trouble with Catastrophics and then the rest of the Special D.A’s walked in. Minhyuk was intimidated, he looked towards his friends and at me, then back at the larger group. “He’s human, and he knows too much. What now?” Jiyong asked Se7en. The Devil took a deep breath and scratched his chin.

“You can’t kill him,” I looked over and saw Jihoon sticking up for him. “He’s human, yeah, but it’s not like he’ll tell anyone!” he insisted.

“The last time we trusted a human things went terribly, who said the generations have gotten better on Earth?” Youngbae questioned rhetorically.

“And who said that every human is the same?” I stepped up, facing him. I took my place next to Minhyuk. “I brought him back, I know his mind now. I know he won’t say anything and his intentions are good, it’s like he’s my brother,” I smirked and patted his back comfortingly. I noticed Yukwon and Minji glance at each other; sure, it was like that kind of way. Those guys must understand what I’m talking about! Like I predicted, Minji stepped forward.

“Let’s take a little risk,” she said and stood beside her unknown brother.

“It’s too big of a risk,” Daesung grumbled. Funny having a hardcore gambler saying that. But beside him Seungri was chattering his teeth, looking to the people who have cast him aside, and towards the people who have taken him in no matter what had happened. Did he really believe Jiyong and Youngbae would accept him even if he sided with them? It’s been two years!

“Come on, guys. Are you saying that I can’t be trusted? Look at his soul, it’s brighter than my previous hair cut!” I insisted and tossed Se7en a pair of soul seeking sunglasses which he slipped on. As he nodded I looked towards the bright white haired Daesung. “That was ironic, Dae,” I mentioned and he shifted uncomfortably.

“He’s practically glowing, the guy’s clean,” Se7en muttered to his creation and Jiyong took a quick look.

“He is, weird that you would make someone practically the complete opposite of you,” Jiyong grumbled and I shrugged again.

“If he’s clean, I guess it’s fine if we let him live,” I smirked and patted Minhyuk’s shoulder.

“Wh-where would I stay though? My family has thought I was dead for two years, if I suddenly show up I’m gonna blurt it out!” he added.

“Hyung, don’t you have a house near the park?” Daesung wondered. Oh that bastard is trying to kill me nowadays. I bit my bottom lip.

“That house is more of a, safe haven not a home,” I mumbled.

“Please Hyung! Can’t he stay in the guest room or something? You could live with him too so he doesn’t do something too bad,” Kyung suggested. The seventh years are a bit unknowledgeable about my home and the things I have left behind in it but they were pleading, they were young, and it wouldn’t be right to have even a little happiness crushed on this special day for them. I groaned inwardly. 

“Alright, it’s a deal, Minhyuk you can stay in my old home,” I told him and he smiled brightly and kindly.

“Gamsahabnida Hyung!” he said and I smiled a little. I patted his back.

“Come on, I’ll grab some stuff and meet you at the steps,” I told him and let him go out of the cave first. I stopped Daesung and pulled him by the collar of his uniform. “You are dead if this doesn’t work out,” I spat and pushed him back.

I led Minhyuk to the house by foot since he can’t travel with a snap of his fingers. I didn’t tell him about how Bom and I were tied to the house; all he knew was that I bought it for getting away reasons. I pushed my key into the lock and opened up the door, letting Minhyuk gape in all of the awesomeness. “Wow, you have a nice house Hyung,” he complimented and I smiled.

“Gomawo, I had some help decorating it a while ago,” I shrugged but never went into details as I guided Minhyuk into my guest room. To be honest I never wanted a guest room, but Bom insisted it for when her friends stay over. But we weren’t sure if one of my friends were to come or hers’ so we had to pick it very neutrally. You know those bunk beds with cabinets connected to them at the bottom? There were two white ones stacked on top of each other, one had purple designs and the other had blue ones. They were both pretty standardly decorated so really it was pretty much a uni bedroom. “Which one do you want?” I asked him and pointed to the purple one on top to the blue one on the bottom.

“This is gonna sound weird but can I have the purple one?” he wondered. His hair had this dark purple-ish tinge so it wasn’t that surprising he preferred purple.  

“Go ahead,” I offered and he jumped on top, putting his things away in the drawers excitedly. As I placed my things away he began conversation.

“I was surprised you agreed to let me stay here, I remember that guy who possessed me taking someone from this same house,” I paused, I forgot he recalls the past couple years like a dream.

“Well, as a Demon, Demons get partners. Those partners happen to be Angels, and they thought it would hit me where it hurt by taking her,” I explained briefly and I continued again.

“I’m sorry that happened.” Not a lot of people sound sorry, they usually say that for politeness but you can tell truths from lies.

“It’s alright; I’ll see her again in a few years. Then we can all be roommates,” I smirked and nearly finished putting away my clothes; I kind of just stuffed everything in…

“Really? That would be so awesome!” he poked his head over the rail so that I could him smiling again, he was really bright! I smiled back at him.

“Until you figure things out you’re always welcome here, day and night,” I offered and he pulled his head back up, it was getting a bit red.

“Gomawo Hyung!” he shouted in euphoria and I chuckled. This is gonna be pretty cool living with a guy for once. Especially one that I brought back to life on my own!

“No problem, now, let’s eat something I’m hungry.”

“Ne!” 

 

A/N: Note that I'll be ending this fanfic in about the next month or so, I have some new ideas for new stories so I'll also be working on those along the way as well.