Chapter 18

Working Overtime

Okay, those two guys that upvoted my story...SARANGHAE! I honestly didn't think I would get upvoted until I finished this story but you guys proved me wrong! I thank you all. I would also like to thank twindsixxx and ohayou87 for subscribing to this story! Last thank you (so many thank you's...) goes to naturaltears, she began a story near the beginning of the year that was my inspiration for writing (Daddy's Maserati). It's been a while but I traced her back and said my thanks. If you enjoy my stories then you'll love hers! Also check out TAIwin's page, she's also a really good writer and if you can vote for her next story! (I know, so much :P) but here's the next chapter to Working Overtime!

 

~~~~

 

“Devil Sunbae is…” he paused then, causing my heart to beat faster. SAY IT JIHOON! Jesus this guy can really be annoying at times too! I was filled with anxiety, my stomach was clenching in disturbing ways! “Hold on, wait. I need to remember if it’s correct,” he mumbled, slightly chuckling and I fell back into my blanket, upset. I crossed my arms angrily.

“You kid!” I groaned and shoved my face into my hands. So I waited every second ticking by even slower as time passes. Each moment felt heavier on my shoulders, the patience he was having killed me inside! Suddenly he clapped his hands and jumped up onto his feet.

“NE! It’s true! Alright, but remember, this is a big secret. You can’t tell anyone,” he reminded me annoyingly.

“Just say it!” I groaned and he leaned in next to my ear so I could feel his breath.

“Devil Sunbae is a hypocrite,” he whispered.

“What kind?” I asked further.

“He broke one of the rules he made up,” Jihoon continued, taking a shaky breath before saying the rest. I know this is big; a secret of the Devil’s is a huge thing! Especially if he’s a hypocrite and disobeyed one of his own rules that he concocted! “It’s Rule Number 1…” To not fall in love with an Angel?!

I was shocked! I hung my mouth open, staring at Jihoon who only nodded understanding my expression. Woah, Se7en’s in love with an Angel?! Holy how? When?! HOW?! I stood up, my mouth still agape and I walked around the perimeter of the small room. I ran my fingers through my hair, shook my legs as I took each step, and stuttered a lot to Jihoon! I break rules all the time! If it was someone else who broke that rule, like let’s take Jihoon for example, I would be laughing at that! But no, this is the big guy’s fault! It’s a rule he created and then went against it! This is some seriously serious ! “Who’s the Angel?” I wondered, that was something else I wanted to know. I have to know everything if I wanna use it as blackmail for the old man! So, if the Devil broke it does he know Jiyong did? Not important, I shoved the thought away and focused on this.

“It’s an Angel named Park Han Byul, she’s really pretty actually,” Jihoon said and rubbed down his nape.

“You saw her?” I asked and he nodded.

“How else could I know?” he chuckled.

“Tell me then,” I told him and I sat back down in my original spot. He sat next to me and we both crossed our legs over.

“Ne, it wasn’t too long ago. Perhaps a month or so, Devil Sunbae was staying in his cave for the past few days. My friends and I wanted to see if he was okay or not. We approached during the night, and then heard him speak so we stopped fearing that he might scold us or something. But then we realized he was speaking to someone inside the room with him. “I love you Han Byul” he had said softly and we all froze in our spots. We were so shocked, who could he love? What is he hiding? Why does he need to hide it? “I-I love you too, but this isn’t right. We’ll be found out.” The woman he was talking to spoke quietly. We were freaking out outside of the door once realization dawned upon us she was an Angel! We were silently jumping, silently screaming, silently laughing! It was insane!” I would’ve done that too, I’ll do it later after the story. “But I guess that we made too much noise, I think, and he opened the door. His face was pale, his body was stiff and his eyes were glancing all over the place. He pulled us inside and demanded for us never to spill. She sat there in a chair, watching us silently and she looked nervous and guilty. It was hard to just say that we won’t say anything still so he made us a deal: we’ll be part of the Special D.A’s if we won’t tell. We’ve kept quiet ever since,” Jihoon shrugged.

“You guys really want to be part of this huh?” I asked him.

“Ne, it was only days after we figured Minhyuk had changed into B-Bomb. Truthfully we’re not sure what to do but we want to go there and do something about it,” Jihoon said unsurely.

“How did you meet Minhyuk/B-Bomb anyway?” I asked again and he smiled.

“Well, Jiho, Yukwon, Tae Il, Kyung, Jae Hyo, and I wanted to go see the human world. The teachers kind of didn’t help describing it either, it sounded great! So late at night, nearly two years ago I think, we gently climbed up the stairs and entered in the park. Since it was late and we weren’t humans we ran around the fields screaming, shouting, running, dancing, jumping! It was really fun but really tiring as well. So we took a break in the middle of the field, resting up and breathing softly, when we saw a figure walking towards us from the spot we had come from. At first, we thought it was an Instructor and were scrambling on our feet to apologize but then Minhyuk emerged out of the shadows with a flashlight in hand. “Ya, you call that dancing?” he challenged and handed Yukwon the flashlight stepping back. Suddenly he started just popping, ing, swinging, and everything! He was so good! So then we just talked about his dancing until he had to leave. And then we’ve been meeting up every night at that time for five days a week until he was killed,” Jihoon paused for a minute, looking away and gulping. I patted his back; this kid can go all kinds of emotions like me. It’s hard to be happy one moment and then have it crumble the next.

“You don’t have to continue,” I told him and he shook his head.

“I want to, get it off my chest,” he said and took a deep breath. “One night Yukwon and Kyung went to go see him first, the rest of us had some training to finish. When we were all done, we went to the stairs and Kyung and Yukwon jumped out, like a gun shot. They wore ripped uniforms and were shouting like crazy. “Minhyuk attacked us! He attacked us with some Catastrophic !” they yelled. We were afraid, we didn’t tell anyone about it. It would’ve been admitting to breaking curfew rules for the past two years! We waited and only recently found out on our own how Minhyuk got a hold of Catastrophic equipment and that he was B-Bomb,” he finished and breathed again, falling onto the wall. “That feels better,” he sighed and I smiled.

“It’s good to kick out pent up emotions, but I’m not like that. I have to keep it in and fight to let it out,” I told him.

“I’ve never tried being angry, sometimes I’ll get angry but trying is different,” he mumbled and turned to me.

“I’m angry a lot so might as well add to it,” I shrugged. Back to the main topic, I have a ton of leverage!

I almost have something against everyone, I just need Dae, Seungri, and Minji. Those three would be hard since they’re the youngest, they seem innocent but everyone does in the beginning! I wonder, does Jihoon have anything on them? “Jihoon ah, do you know anything about Seungri, Daesung, or Minji?” I asked him and he looked up into the corner. Man this guy likes to look up when he thinks!

“I don’t think so, but I’m sure the others do! We’ve hung around the D.A’s before without them noticing, one of us should’ve gotten something,” he shrugged. I stood up and looked through the window at the lazy trainees.

“Let me out of here!” I groaned and pounded the door, leaving a small indent. This place must’ve been still a bit bendable from the last time I was in here.

“WOAH!” Jihoon exclaimed, I turned and saw he was staring wide eyed, finger pointing, and mouth opened. I smirked.

“This is what a true Demon should be able to do, watch and learn,” I looked back to the door and threw another punch into its frame, denting it once more. The clashing metal sound echoed within the small room, loud enough to make the training arena go silent. My knuckles were imprinted so the dent showed each knuckle bump and where it hit. I did it once more with my left hand, I’m not as powerful with my left but I’m still damn dangerous with it! Gradually I became faster, not even breaking a sweat until five minutes later! The indent was large enough to fit a child in, but it still was too durable to break! Like, what the hell?!

“Hyung! Your knuckles are bleeding!” I looked down and saw that they were, the metal must’ve scraped it or something. But I was clenching my hands so hard that I found it uncomfortable to unclench and wiggle my fingers.

“Ugh, now I need a first aid,” I muttered and looked around the room. Come on, you can’t put me in here and expect me not to hurt myself! “Oh come on!” I groaned and fell back into my blanket with some bleeding knuckles. Later, I’ll ask the others about any blackmail over Seungri, Daesung, or Minji. There has to be something, those three are definitely not innocent!

I took a little nap while wrapped up in my blanket, when I woke up I found bandages along my hands. “I put them on when you were sleeping, I think Tablo Hyung threw them in,” Jihoon said and I sat up slowly. I was still a bit groggy from my nap.

“Oh, so he’ll come when I’m passed out and you’re here?” I scoffed and Jihoon smiled. Yeah this kid totally looks like a little baby monkey… I looked around, I stood and then walked over to the door. Ha! My dozens of indents are still in the door! I glanced out and saw that the atmosphere was a little empty, night must be coming soon. I gazed to Jihoon then. “We should be out soon,” my stomach then growled, his followed in response.

“I’m so hungry! They shouldn’t be treating fifth years like this!” he groaned and rolled on his back, feeling his roaring stomach with a hand. Yeah, I once went through a week without food or water but I must admit, the hunger was dawning upon me too! Using more energy than I did when I was alone was probably the reason. Sometimes I think I should stop getting in trouble… I laughed a little at that thought. Yeah, right! I sat in the metal chair, watching amusingly as Jihoon moaned and complained on the floor. I know, a bit harsh but it was funny! This guy is still a baby despite his giant stature and husky voice, that’s already enough! Now he has to whine about food?! Oh man, this guy!

Before I knew it the door opened up with Tablo standing in the doorway. “Come on guys, food’s ready,” Jihoon and I scrambled up, I picked up my blanket from the floor and dusted it off quickly. I then wrapped it around my body since I was only wearing a tank top and waddled out of there as fast as I could, following Jihoon who was basically sprinting across the ground.

“Dude wait up!” I shouted at him. He didn’t slow down, although, we made it to the Special D.A’s eating quarters and starting chomping on some rice in there. I swear, I’m not even training anymore I’m just being stuck in a metal room!

“Hey, you’re back,” I looked up and saw Jiho (his hair’s gray now?), Tae Il (when the did it get so curly?!), Yukwon (still the same from last time), Jae Hyo (his hair’s a bit longer but that happens to everyone), and Kyung (dude, his hair is orange and curly! What the hell?! How long was I gone for?!) at least now I can ask them about blackmail…

“Ne, kept us locked in there for a whole day!” Jihoon groaned loudly and then snapped back to eating. Luckily the other D.A’s had taken a seat far away so we could speak a bit more privately. I leaned in a little closer.

“Hey, the maknae line of the original D.A’s look to innocent don’t they?” I asked them and they glanced over. Jiho smirked, along with Kyung and Jae Hyo.

“Naw, if you knew Seungri like I do then you’ll know he’s nothing but trouble!” Kyung laughed. How do you know him? 

 

A/N: I feel like this chapter was somewhat short :P but please comment and/or subscribe, I used to get a lot of comments but now I need some more to make sure my readers are enjoying!