Chapter 29

Working Overtime

I'm sorry that I waited a while to update this :( but I would like to welcome my new subscribers: aliencouplelove, kimchi_munchkin, & nahonja87! Can't believe there are 52 subscribers for this story alone! :O Gamsahabnida to all of my subscribers, readers, and commenters!! <3 <3

 

~~~~

 

 

I was so glad and relieved I was able to contact Bom again. Yeah, when I fell asleep I was transported to that room and saw her once more. Yep! She’s still okay! She’s the only one who I can really pour myself out to, and now is a time where I have to inform her about the things happening back here. “The Catastrophics left pretty abruptly up here, only a few of them stayed back to guard me,” she said. Good, if we kill them here then it’ll be less work over there.

“You couldn’t have told me that sooner?” I groaned and leaned against the black wall.

“Mianhae, but, you’re alive so you seemed to take it okay for now,” she smirked a little and I rolled my eyes. I remembered Jaejoong and suddenly I felt my stomach being empty and it hurt a little. You could say Jaejoong and I were close in our training days, I hung out with others, but Jaejoong was kind of a loner so I wanted to be really close with him.

“Do you remember Jaejoong?” she nodded. “He died today,” I told her bluntly and her eyes went big.

“Really?” she whispered cautiously and I nodded.

“A Catastrophic lathered his bullets in poison; it hit him in the sides,” I informed her and was brought back to those many years ago, when he jumped into the fire and was able to then relive the happier past. I’m glad I told him to do that.

“You’re taking it better than I expected,” she admitted and I huffed, biting my lip.

“I’m actually crying on the inside,” I confessed and she pulled me closer, having my head rest on her shoulder. My voice didn’t crack, I’m good. I felt better when I was sympathized, back in Hell people wouldn’t sympathize me publically. They would feel sorry for me but I would play it off as instead of despair I felt anger. Now, I had the opportunity to cry. So I let it out, crying silently like I do and letting tears drip off my cheeks and nose. “Bommie, I’ve cried way too often in the past year,” I sniffed, my voice being slightly muffled by my tears, stuffed nose and I felt my cheeks heating up.

“I know, you’re just going through some really tough things right now. The training will be over before you know it,” she comforted me, calmly, the way I was now used to. Once I had mellowed out I decided to tell her about my decision with B-Bomb. I sat up and took a deep nasally breath before speaking.

“I took B-Bomb, one of the guys who took you, as hostage the first night. When I brought him in it started out with interrogation and I really did hate him, but, after talking we ended being very similar to each other. So I bonded with him a little too much. In order to spare his body, I decided to perform a sort of telekinesis surgery so I would be able to bring back the human he took the soul from, Minhyuk, who also was the sixth years’ old friend,” I told her. Bom looked at me strangely, as if figuring out how to comprehend it all. It’s surprising to me that I even thought of the idea!

“Interesting, what are the precautions?” she asked me, putting her hand over her chin.

“Well, suffering is definitely one, then there’s Minhyuk coming back different, creating an even worse Catastrophic, the mind is a vital piece,” I sighed and rubbed my hands on my scalp.

“Yeah, you have to really know the inside of Minhyuk’s mind to adjust to his preferences. And you know, when someone dies, it takes a little bit to figure out if they go to Heaven or Hell,” she added.

“How long does that take? I was never someone who did that.” Before Bom and I were partnered she was a part of positioning people in Heaven or sending them to Hell. Really, I kind of wanted to do it. Being able to put anyone in Heaven or Hell? Ha! Think of the power!

“It takes about five to six minutes, maybe longer, but that’s about the time where you have to perform your surgery until B-Bomb dies and the body is left,” she notified and I groaned falling down…now the wall had disappeared and I bonked my head onto the ground.

“Ow! ,” I sat up abruptly and rubbed the sore spot on the back of my head. Bom laughed a little and rubbed my head softly as well.

“Look, whenever I see you you’re always so tense and angry. Why can’t you show up when you’re happy or excited?” Bom pouted, rubbing my shoulders roughly so my muscles could be felt releasing.

“My mind only allows to contact you when I need you, I only need you when I’m in a crisis,” I grumbled unhappily.

“It’s like old times,” Bom joked but I carried out a small smile. Old times, I miss old times with all my heart. I’m so sick and tired of the fatigue and the constant heaviness and stress. I hate it so much!

“We’ll be like old times again, Bommie, I can promise you that. I won’t stop until you’re by my side again,” I told her confidently and grabbed her hand firmly. She smiled warmly and slowly leaned into me, kissing my cheek.

“How come you weren’t this sweet during those boring ten years?” Bom wondered and I shrugged.

“I never realized how important we were together until you went missing, and then all of your amazing features came to mind. Your smile, your eyes, your laugh, your sweet and wacky personality, they were gone. It’s supposed to be mine, and will always be mine,” I kissed her head and she smiled. “It didn’t take long for me to realize I love you, I was surprised I didn’t find out sooner,” I admitted.

“Aw, Tabi,” she leaned forward and kissed my cheek again, making me grin. “I like it when you act cute, you’re just too sweet to handle sometimes!” she pinched my cheek making me cringe and groan.

“Bommie!” I complained and she let go with a giggle.

“During our years as partners you were always so serious and uptight on the job.”

“Ya!”

“But at home, sometimes, you’ll be fun and humorous. Those are the times I really loved and savored, I just like replaying it over and over again,” she mumbled and pressed her cheek into my shoulder causing her cheeks to puff up even more. Imagine when you’re listening to music; if the music is really good don’t you get goosebumps? It’s the same feeling when you’ve missed someone and they’re suddenly with you again. The tightness of their embrace, the emotions that fly up in your head and to your eyes overwhelms me. Goosebumps popped up from my arms and legs, I wished for her to be with me for so long. This is only the third time I’ve seen her in about a year and a couple weeks, that’s so sad.

I felt her fingers run across my arms, as if smoothening out my goosebumps and I felt warmed by her touch. It sent a pleasant sensation through my body and I smiled at her. “Why are you so warm?” I asked her, giving myself some more goosebumps. I don’t usually act cute, but for Bom why not?

“Being so close to you makes me warm, you’re actually a lot warmer than I am,” she said and sighed deeply. Silence dawned on us some more before I felt a slight twitch in my fingers. I’ve learned to follow my bodily instincts when in here, unless I want people freaking out that I’m dead again.

“I think I have to go now,” I told her and she briskly enclosed me in a tight hug. I squeezed her as well. Even if I will see her again I don’t like leaving, I’m attached to Bom and she’s attached to me. It’s like seeing your favorite cousin. Unless you live with them, you usually don’t see them too often and miss them before you even get out of their house. I took a few faltering breaths before letting go, feeling the frost run into my arms without her there. My fingers felt numb like one hundred needles were jabbing into my fingertips, I hate that feeling.

“I love you Tabi,” she cooed jokingly but I smiled. I felt heated again, my cheeks burned and my heart swelled. I love you Bom. I took one of her hands and pecked it gently, rubbing my thumbs across her backhand.

“I love you too Bommie, can I have a good luck kiss for the telekinesis?” I poked my cheek as I held it out for her. Bom rolled her chocolate brown eyes but nonetheless kissed my cheek with her soft velvet lips.

“Good luck,” she added in a whisper and we held both of each other’s hands. I stared at them being connected, and then I slipped my hands out.

“You too,” I closed my eyes and my body seemed like it was drifting in space for a while. I kept my eyes closed; I never really want to see what’s in my mind even if I know…once my fingertips pulsed with a heavy heartbeat and the silky fabric of my bed sheets were felt I opened my eyes. Groaning at the brightness I blocked my eyes for a moment until they regulated. I looked towards my digital clock: 7:00 a.m. Just in time for training my concentration. To be honest if I had a choice I wouldn’t want to do the extra training during my extra training, it’s a pain in the but it’ll help me get stronger, save Bom quicker, and probably have me rise in the rankings. Make Jaejoong proud. I rolled out of bed sleepily, deliberately walking into the bathroom to prepare myself.

I dressed without my uniform (worn jeans & a light blue t-shirt) and took my note-taking materials. I ran my fingers through my silver/black damp hair and headed to the metal cell room. Even as I just came into view with the room I noticed Tae Il, Yukwon, and Jae Hyo peering through the slim window. They seemed to be studying the Catastrophic inside, he was most likely sleeping. I sighed and approached them quickly. They’ve missed Minhyuk, even if I like B-Bomb he’s not the same guy they were pals with. They jumped at my appearance, nearly choking themselves. “Sorry, Hyung. But he doesn’t look different,” Jae Hyo mumbled after regaining his breath, glancing back at the door almost longingly.

“He probably doesn’t, but I have to practice in there. It’s quieter and I won’t be disturbed as often,” I told them and the trio stepped aside allowing me to enter the room. B-Bomb was sleeping in a heap; he had taken off his jacket and was resting his head on it. I plopped down in the metal chair and opened up my notes. As I began jotting down my goals for the telekinesis surgery B-Bomb stirred. “Morning,” I greeted without looking up at him.

“Morning,” he yawned and I heard a loud crack along with a satisfied sigh.

“I’m gonna start the telekinesis training, can you draw a black dot with my pen on the wall?” I tossed him the ballpoint pen and he walked towards the wall parallel with the door. B-Bomb obediently drew a black circle, big enough so it was plainly visible to me, and threw back the pen. “Alright, I’m gonna have to concentrate on the dot. Since telekinesis involves heavy amounts of focus I’ll need to hold my engagement for at least five minutes. I can’t drift off,” I said emphatically and leaned back in my chair, becoming comfortable so I could stare at the dot. Focus, the dot. Focus Seunghyun. It’s black…it’s small…it’s far away…it’s the dot. My thoughts were broken by shouting from outside. Someone was pounding on the door and screaming nonsense. So close! I slammed my fists on the table. “Dammit!” I hissed angrily and was about to turn around until a pair of cold hands wrapped around my neck. The heat that was once of anger turned into ice cold rigidness. Angst constricted my heart in mere milliseconds, now I know why they were screaming outside. B-Bomb must’ve locked the door from the inside when I was concentrating, I didn’t see his movements because I was so focused on the dot! Stupid! PABO!

“I am forced to do this.” Oh, are you now?! His voice was kind of shaky, he gulped. And then the hands constricted my throat causing me to choke for air and he threw my neck out with a piercing agony shocking my body into paralysis. I collapsed on the ground, my eyes closed immediately after. No, my eyes didn’t close. My heart isn’t beating. He snapped my neck. Oh that son of a ! 

 

A/N: If you're gonna comment on this story (which I hope you do) I would like to know if you want me to speed up the process a little bit or not. To be honest if I carried out with my true intentions and let it last five years the story will get very long :P It's already pretty big and I'm only through about one year! Thank you for letting commenting and I will take each of your opinions into consideration :)