Chapter 26

Working Overtime

I just want to take a brief moment to thank all of my 60 subscribers!! :DD I truly appreciate all of your time and love, reading and commenting and subscribing to my stories. I LOVE YOU ALL! SARANGHAE~! <3

 

~~~~

 

Nothing. Nothing was popping out to attack, nothing was threatening to kill, the park was dead silent and it was bothering me. Seungri wouldn’t lie would he? This is such a huge deal, you can’t lie about this ! I slowly unsheathed my sword, my blade scraping against the sheath and I glanced around. They’re here, I can feel it. My instincts were jumping, they had to be here. “Come out already!” I finally shouted and heard a barely audible of a gun. I jerked my gun from my hip and fired blindly, hearing a loud whimper. Then, they emerged from the trees. Their guns were glowing, their eyes were blazing, and their faces were raged filled. It shocked me for a moment until I pulled up my lip in a snarl.

“KILL ‘EM!” was that Hoyoung?! I charged forward anyway, swiping my sword with my right hand and firing the pistol with my left. Each time one fell to the ground, dead, a new one immediately refilled his place! These guys brought an army! The anger was filled in my veins, no, it was rage and resentment. It was stronger than to my fellow Demons, these people were the people who took Bom. They’re the people who ruined my life. So, it’s only obvious I have to take theirs.

How was the night covered with our obvious fighting without anyone checking it out? Angels. Angel magic is really incredible! They allowed a protective shield around the area so that it looks like the park and no one’s on it. Even if someone did come we wouldn’t be able to see and they wouldn’t see us. You know what else is cool? Tae Il and his helicopter! He had Jihoon and Kyung in there on both sides, pressing the buttons to the side guns like maniacs. We killed lots of Catastrophics that way! “Hyung! Get in here!” Tae Il shouted, getting slightly closer to the ground. I shouldered my enemy away from me and leaped up, landing next to Krung.

“Nice!” Kyung laughed and I pulled out my own gun, shooting and dodging blue beams. The noise was so loud, it all sounded so dull and distant. It was so weird I swear! I analyzed the patterns of the opposing team, the way they walked, attacked in a group, and said their commands. I sat next to Kyung and Yukwon, switching sides so I could attempt to figure out the enemy before moving on. There were many small bands of Catastrophics; they would try to stick with their assigned groupings. Demands were shouted out in numbers, it would take me a while to tell what they stand for though. They seem to practice drills and sequences, opposed to us Demons who attack on instinct. They’re totally different. Suddenly, a head with ruffed black hair caught my eyes. His eyes were like a cat’s, not a kitten’s, a cat’s there’s a difference. His hair color changed.

“Lower down, I see B-Bomb.”

It had to be him; I remember this kid’s face distinctly from my first contact with Bom’s body. The cat-ish dark green eyes, pale smooth skin, his hair had changed but it was in the same concept. “You guys stay up here, I’m ending my fight early with this guy. Take him in as hostage,” I told them.

“D-don’t hurt him too much,” Yukwon told me as Tae Il tilted the copter downward so it was easier to get off. The blades nearly pierced a few second year Demons before they jumped back. They still see their old friend, I get that, but all I see is a man who personally abducted Bom. My emotions took over, I was unable to control it this time. I jumped down, my sword gripped in hand, in front of B-Bomb who held up his hands and his lips slightly pursed. He was stiff and pale until a few seconds of nothing passed by, After realizing I wasn’t gonna kill him he grabbed his own lance and his face returned to a more lively pale. His lance had a wooden handle, a red fluffy plume hung to the base of the blade where it was pointed to a tip.

“Not killing me?” he wondered as we circled slowly despite the raging others.

“I know you, the face went by Minhyuk,” I said and he smirked, a dark sneaky smirk that sent chills across my body.

“You know those, fifth years?”

“Sixth years,” I corrected.

“Right, well, then what are you gonna do to me? Minhyuk’s gone; B-Bomb took his place,” the guy shrugged, still pointing the sharp tip of his weapon towards my face. I felt the heat rolling in my arms and legs, eager to attack him. I still kept my distance, I didn’t want to attack him first I wanted him to hit me up.

“I’m probably gonna call it a night and take you in,” I answered and he chuckled smugly.

“Getting back at me because I took your girlfriend in?” he guessed.

“So what if it is? It’s a reason, and she’s not my girlfriend,” I reminded him and he shoved his lance forward aiming for my face.

His gritted teeth scratched across the rows as I dodged to the right of his lunge, I could hear it. That was pretty creepy! I swiped downward with my sword but he flipped his weapon and blocked mine with the wood. I saw the groove I created and pressed harder, seeing the wood splintering and my veins extending. Suddenly his foot came up, catching me in the stomach and sent me back to back with Donghae. He was shoved into his enemy who surprisingly toppled over and was knocked out. “You’re getting fat Dong!” I said as I jumped up and punched B-Bomb in the shoulder.

“Whatever,” Donghae rolled his eyes and went onto another enemy. I chuckled slightly, letting the war exploit my instincts and reflexes. Maybe fighting someone like B-Bomb is something I need, this guy wasn’t so bad! He was sharp and strong, but guess what? I was sharper and stronger. He made a vital mistake, his footing was too spread apart. I caught the chance and swung my feet in between his legs, I meant to trip him but then my foot went all on its own and hit him where the sun didn’t shine. He still fell with a loud painful groan, I glanced around quickly and dragged him and his weapon on my back. My heart beat quickly as I fought off other Catastrophics, desperate to save B-Bomb. Sweat beaded off my forehead as I ran through the opened door of Hell which Youngbae left open for a moment.

“Move! Move!” I shouted alarmingly and Demons shoved themselves to the sides. When we reached the bottom I didn’t stop, I charged all the way to the metal room and dropped him in there with a thump and a moan. His face was now green (this guy’s face can change colors!) and his eyes were shut in agony. He squeezed his legs together as he rolled on his back. I breathed heavily and squatted down. My throat was pounding as it was dry, aching for both air and water. For now, I only swallowed my saliva. “You’ll be in here for a while, good luck,” I told him and snatched up his weapon.

“Wait, what?” he mumbled but I had closed the door tightly.  

My body was tired, not only physically but mentally. My emotions were all out of wack, I was stressed, excited, worried, and sleepy. My eyes were drooping heavily, my shoulders were tensed, I kept glancing back at the metal room, and I wanted to go back above to help my fellow Demons. I began back up the stairs until Se7en placed a hand on my chest. “Go to sleep, you’ll be in charge of the Catastrophic.” Ooh, I get to interrogate B-Bomb! I felt guilty as I eagerly raced to my room. The Catastrophics should be heading out for camp though, as for us. They’ll come in soon. I told myself, trying to calm me down. I washed in the shower and dressed in some new pajamas. I flanked at my bed, still debating whether to go back up or sleep. My body was fighting my battling heart, in the end, it was my body that took over and I passed out sitting upright on my bed. 

 

A/N: I apologize for the short chappie but I promise the next one will be longer and better :) PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT!