Chapter 25

Working Overtime

I'M BACK~! :DD Thanks SO much for waiting for this update! Another thanks to my two new subscribers: Kieusterrrr and Lolala! This chapter is a bit short but trust me, this is an interesting one! ;)

 

~~~~

 

My happy mood seemed to last forever, I really missed Bom! I even subtly brought up the subject with Tablo where I could learn if this was natural or not. He stated that once my mind is becoming more and more developed I am using more of my brain than just the average 10%. Since I’m able to contact with Bom from over millions of miles away I should be using at least 50% and 50% of my brain is a ton of information! So now I know I’m getting smarter, I wonder if I can fly once I’m able to use 100% of my brain! That would be so cool! I kept on taking notes, the downside was that a giant sore emerged on my middle finger and it was getting pretty annoying! I like writing frequently but I stopped for now because of the sore. I didn’t cause so much trouble now, like yesterday after my lesson I didn’t even go to the mess hall. I was still thinking happily about my Bommie.

Another week has passed since I reunited with Bom but I can’t seem to contact her again. Maybe, it’ll happen when the time is right. Today, after the lesson I actually went to the mess hall and sat alone this time. Youngbae has been letting his students off a little earlier so they eat earlier while I’m still in class. I think he just wants to exclude me from them though. I didn’t want to head to my room just yet so I only looked around the room, seeing Chaerin and Jiyong sitting with each other from across the table. I no longer felt hatred towards their relationship, I only felt jealous that they were together. But I still dislike their attitudes, I mean, they’ve changed drastically. You can just tell! I stood up and left, walking into the Special D.A’s cave. I saw Yukwon, Minji, Seungri, and Daesung. I tensed slightly when I saw them all together. “What’s going on?” I wondered and stepped up closer to them. There was a heavy pause in the air before Seungri started jumping with anxiety written all over his panda face.

“I saw a Catastrophic squad above ground!” he blurted and immediately covered his mouth afterwards. My happy mood was demolished within seconds. I’m glad I came in here then. I walked up to them.

“Where?” I asked grimly and he sat down to try and calm himself.

“I-I was going above ground with Daesung Hyung, we wanted to see what everyone wouldn’t let us see. So we came up to that park you really like, the one in Seoul… it was like a half hour ago so it was still dark and everything. B-but instead of sticking with Hyung, I wanted to explore on my own. I heard voices in the soccer field so I went there. I thought people were playing soccer at night you know? And when I poked my head over the edge, I was shocked. They occupied at least half of the entire field! They looked like humans! There were searching for the door! S-so I grabbed Hyung and told him about it then we came back. I wanted to tell Devil Sunbae but Yukwon and Minji were in here so I told them,” Seungri looked paler than usual which made his dark circles look even worse. He was jittery and shaking with fear and distress, it was sad for a Demon to have to worry so much without even finishing training.

“They want a war now, not in five years Hyung,” Daesung mumbled solemnly. I’m only a year into my extra training, they must know about my plan! Those damned Catastrophics are screwing it up! I clenched my fist. I really want to punch something now! My cheerful mood was gone, replaced by the true fighter inside of me.

“Go tell Se7en, now,” I ordered the pair and they ran off to find him, nearly hitting the walls as they attempted to get out of the room. I looked to the twins. They both had the same blank expression, unsure of how to feel about the sudden turn of events. So was I but at least I can react like the way I was built. “You guys are coming with me, Yukwon Minji,” I pointed and the three of us walked out. “I’m gonna need you two to wake up the sleeping Demons and notify the Angels in Heaven. Raid the weaponry if you guys have to. You’ll find protective gear with the weapons, I’ll sound the alarms. The Catastrophics are declaring battle and blood will be shed,” I grumbled quickly and heard them run off, Yukwon bolted into the maze of rooms shouting like a maniac while Minji went up the stairs heading to Heaven. I marched my way to the red button, covered with glass which was easily broken with a pound of my fist. War, how will it feel like? I wondered as I pushed the button, sending sirens throughout Hell. It caused a slight rush within my veins as I felt the adrenalin pumping through me. Just how I like it. “THIS IS NOT A DRILL, YOU LITTLE DEMONS! WE ARE BEING ATTACKED! I’M CALLING CODE RED!”

In a blur Demons were pouring out of all entrances, the mess hall, the rooms, the training sanctums, the armory, etc. We’ve never practiced drills but really our instincts drove us to the weapons. They were piling up in the weaponry, attempting to grab their favorite weapon. That’s why I keep my weapons in my room. I pushed passed the sea of young Demons to my room, opening it and stomping towards my bedroom. The first thing I did was strap on my protective vest which covered my back and my chest. It’s made of absorbing asbestos fibers which can hold up the beams of their guns. I let an ammo belt wrap around my waist and from my shoulder to my hip was another set. I shoved a small handgun onto my left side and slipped knives into my vest compartments. You see, I had this vest custom made so it only fits me. It was created for hardcore fighting, the way I am. I changed my pants so now I wore a tan pair with dozens of pockets which could hold more knives or bullets. I slipped my trusty golden sword into its sheath; I was surprised I wasn’t weighing myself down with all of this! I exited my room then, my face felt stiff and hard, so did all of the other Demons. The years were lined up from the youngest in the back to the tenth years in the front. Instructors and advanced Demons like myself stood facing the crowd of silent Demons, only a murmur coming out once in a little. I can see the alarm reached all over the world, I haven’t seen some of these people in ages! There was the still strikingly handsome Donghae, who moved to Paris with his Angel Ji Hyun who was probably in Heaven by now. There was also Eunhyuk with his spiky black hair swept back, he left pretty quickly with Ji Eun to study Mandarin in China. Of course there were others, but to be honest, I couldn’t remember many names. “Seunghyun, you’re up here,” Se7en pointed next to Donghae and I stood up next to him. Donghae smiled and shook my hand, greeting each other after eleven years or so.

“Hey, nice hair,” he grinned and I patted it down.

“Thanks, yours too,” Donghae wasn’t into the whole dying thing but his was swept off to the left right above his narrow eyes.

“Eighth years Seungri and Daesung have reported a Catastrophic army sighting!” Se7en interrupted, his voice booming. It caused much disturbance, Demons shifted, talked, panicked, and things like that. I tensed, where we really ready for this? Do we outnumber them? Are we stronger? Is there a chance? “Silence!” I jumped and the place went deadly quiet. “We have to defend our home! They obviously want a fight, so what are we gonna do?!” Se7en turned to the line of graduated Demons, all of us seemed to have the exact gaze and expression. We were tough, hard, only true friends can see the warmth underneath.

“GIVE IT TO THEM!” we shouted in unison, hands behind our backs and our heads held high. I honestly wanted to say “kick their ” but that would be inappropriate…

“Exactly!” Se7en pointed to us, chewing his lip then pointed back out to the younger Demons. “You minors gotta follow your superiors in war! We want minimal casualties!” the ambiance was so tense and tight it nearly killed me alone! I’ve seen these people in only good times, fighting with them wasn’t exactly the kind of reunion I wanted. All of a sudden things became slow mo, I heard a frightening explosion above. The ground rumbled and I collapsed to the ground, Donghae grabbing my hand. “MOVE! OUT!” Se7en’s voice seemed distant and numbing, each word was its own sentence. I was pulled up onto my two feet and patted on my back. My strides were slow as we headed to the exit and I could hear my heart pounding. What’s happening? Why am I not right with myself? Is this the outcome of the battle field? I was leading the way, next to Eunhyuk and Jaejoong in front of the flood of antsy Demons. I could see my friends all over though, Yunho was screaming for younger kids to head to the door, Junsu was handing out extra weapons and looking confusingly at a gun, Chulmin hadn’t grown out of his baby face (Yukwon totally looks like him!) and was talking urgently with Se7en. It was hard seeing everyone shaken up and on edge.

“Good luck Seunghyun,” Jaejoong’s voice was normal, maybe because he was right next to me. I breathed, my hoarse breath heard in my ears loudly.

“Good luck guys,” I told them, with my hands shaking and Eunhyuk shoved open the door letting the blazing white light appear before the pitch black night of Seoul’s park. This park is cursed, I swear. 

 

A/N: Alright! So I included Super Junior's Donghae (Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer, & Rapper) and Eunhyuk (Main Rapper, Main Dancer, & Vocalist)! Also JYJ's Jaejoong (Main Vocalist) and Junsu (Vocal)! TVXQ's Yunho (Leader, Bass Vocal, & Lead Rapper)! Finally, TOUCH's Chulmin (Leader & Vocalist)! *Others may be included in further chapters*