Chapter 6

Working Overtime

Sorry for taking a while to upload >.< It's gonna be a bit difficult for me to work with two stories so bear with me please!! (P.S. Thanks to my other subsciber: mel3ndez!) 

 

~~~~

 

When I finally calmed down my emotions turned into the other direction and I was downright enraged. I hated the species that took my Bommie; I hated them to the core. I was fuming by the time Se7en and Gummy came back into the closed room. “Well?” I stood up, walking towards the two.

“Well, first of all, the Catastrophics have been hiding a pretty big part of information from us. Their evolution process eventually strengthens their minds which caused some of them to come up with the idea to become better looking. They use their way of transportation, which I will explain later, and they’ve created a new “weapon” that is able to take the souls of innocent humans. The age on those souls were pretty old, the way they can stay young is to keep them pure as well so these guys were planning to lose their souls because attempting in homicide is a sin,” Se7en explained and I listened closely. So that’s how they stay handsome and look like humans.

“And their transportation?” Chaerin asked from behind me.

“Right, the Catastrophics are getting used to being a closer species. First they’re getting partners on missions, and now they’re using a new way to transport. They’re using a large teleportation device that can be activated by their guns. Tablo managed to squeeze the rest out of another catastrophic,” Tablo is one of Se7en’s main instructors, he’s the instructor of mental stability. You see, Tablo means “table” in Turkish and in tables you need all of the legs to stay balanced right? He teaches us four steps to mental stability: willpower, sanity (of course), knowledge, and limitations. But of course he can create the worse side to these factors such as driving someone insane which I am sure what he did with the Catastrophic.

The dark haired former instructor of mine walked into the deathly silent room and stood before the table. “Yeah, the guy gave me some good information. You fire the guns into a certain space in the sky where people are waiting for that signal. This spot just happens to be in Seoul, the local park where Seunghyun and Bom went to,” he gestured to me and I stiffened at Bom’s name. All I really want is to know how to get Bom back. “They’re looking into partners as well, before we could easily defeat them alone. They’re finally figuring out the pattern and were matched in pairs. One is a regular while the other is a kind soul,” Tablo gazed around the room to make sure everyone got it.

“So how do we get Bom back?” I asked and he straightened his back.

“Unfortunately the gun he had was deactivated and it will take us some time to figure these out. We’ll also be evolving because of this new information though.”

“So what I’m hearing is that Bom is gonna have to wait for us for how long?” I stood and Jiyong placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

“About five years,” he reported and I smacked him off of me.

“Seunghyun!” Gummy scolded.

“Five years?! To figure out a goddamn gun?!” That is some serious bull!

“Catastrophics are much more revolutionary than we are here, even to humans. Suddenly switching to this new field will take a while to get used to,” Se7en explained but I was still flaring. What the hell?! I can’t go home…it’ll remind me too much of my careless mistakes.

“Then I’ll train here some more,” I decided and everyone looked at me.

“You finished,” Youngbae reminded.

“I want to continue, and you better put me on the search squad when you figure it out! I don’t care if I’m not a Special D.A or not!” I slammed my hands onto the rock, hearing a few cracks. Se7en and Gummy looked at each other, but I knew that they were about to deny my demands. “I know that the others in this room are part of the specialists, but none of them can take someone like me down. I’m stronger than average, I’m more cunning than average. I want Bom back, you either give her to me or I will find her myself,” I threatened.

“You don’t know where to start,” Gummy mumbled solemnness in her face.

“You told me what you know, Seoul is my territory. If you send anyone in there I swear to God I will kill them, rage is practically oozing out of me,” I clenched my teeth, fire burning inside of my body. My hands were shaking with the sudden urge of violence and aggravation. I was an atomic time bomb with its final seconds counting. Not only was fear hanging in the air but tension, danger, anxiety, and stimulation. It’s their call…

“Fine,” Se7en grumbled and I stood up straighter and relaxed my muscles. “We agree to your suggestions,” he agreed and I nodded. “Training for you will begin tomorrow, close off your home for these next few years,” he told me.

“I will,” I nodded, even if I was ecstatic my expression was stone hard.

“We’ll add you to the D.A’s as well,” Se7en finished.

“What?” I heard Dara speak up for once, and this time it’s against me.

“No questions, go along with it,” Jiyong interrupted. I continued to walk out and I snapped my fingers so that I appeared back at my home.

I wanted to get better, I wanted to do something no other Demon even dared to do or even want to. I wanted to extend my training, if I did that I would have the same experience as some of the instructors! If I do that I might be able to have a better chance of saving Bom. If I train longer I can protect Bom even when I wasn’t around this time. I realize now that I don’t really enjoy Bom’s opinions but they’re what keeps me going, what makes me wake up and know that I’m gonna have to look forward to this, she gave me a purpose. Now all I can think about is if she’s safe or not, if she’s alive or not. That is the question that twists my insides and bites my lips. If Bommie’s really dead, then where do I stand in all of this? Then, everything would’ve been for nothing.