Chapter 20

Working Overtime

With this 20th chapter of Working Overtime (:D), I again ask my readers to not be silent. I really like reading people's comments so PLEASE comment if you have any notes about the updates or have suggestions for me to write. But nonetheless I thank all of you for reading and should get on with this update now...

 

~~~~

 

I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or to scream at the news. They’re like twins! I laughed, it was funny now! I jumped up and laughed some more, until my stomach hurt. Now that I look at the two, they look a bit similar. Their lips and facial structure, their eyes too. They both liked to dye their hair and they had the same type of style despite opposite personalities. They stared at me like I was insane, but now I had broken down the awkward barrier of the news and they really acted like siblings now. They loosened up now and turned to each other, Yukwon standing and stretching his muscles. “Hyung, don’t laugh so much,” he whined. It was hard not to, I couldn’t breathe! Sometimes when you laugh you feel like you’re just gonna die from it! I felt tears in the rims of my eyes; finally I was able to regain a bit of my breath. My stomach may have been hurting but I stopped to some extent.

“Oh, you guys siblings? Twins basically?! Ha! Oh, oh I’m sorry,” I breathed heavily, attempting to calm my jumpy nerves. I don’t know why it was funny, it just was!

“Hyung, really though no one else knows about this!” Yukwon reminded me and trying to keep me quiet as if someone else was here, he also sounded a bit irritated.

“I don’t know why you decided to trust him about our secret,” Minji grumbled to her brother. I get it, she doesn’t trust me. Not everyone in the D.A does but now I know something that could put her and her brother in harm’s way. She better stay on the line.

“He’s a trustworthy person, and I know you won’t do anything that’ll cost us this,” he hissed to her, showing his more aggressive side. I sighed and looked at them, finally calmed down and became somewhat serious.  

“How exactly did that happen?” I chuckled but cleared my throat to stop myself. This time, Minji swung her feet off the bed and adjusted her body so she faced me. She seemed reluctant but now she was speaking to me about their situation.

“Well, it goes to when they were only forming Yukwon’s generation. Something, just, happened. For the first time, the Creator got confused and created an extra Demon but not only that, one was a girl. That was me,” Minji pointed to herself. Damn, the Creator never makes mistakes. Well, I guess he did five years ago. No one’s over seen the Creator except the Devil, but I do know he’s pretty much at the same standard as Se7en. I mean he makes the Demons, that is a pretty big job! I would’ve thought of him as a creative person, no two Demons are the same each one of us are different and have different personalities and secrets. It’s kind of cool…

“Minji and I hid for a moment away from the others in the pits, the way it was, was that women were meant to be Angels not Demons and it screwed up everything. I was a lot more sensitive, I was a lot more scared than Minji for a while. She managed to escape to Heaven and portrayed herself as a new Angel from a new batch which is true to some extent. Kind of like how I’m a Demon, only to some extent. Because of the screw up, we were both part Angel and part Demon,” Yukwon added, using hand gestures to address Minji and him. Hm, so this also involves the Creator. I wonder if this could count for blackmail for him, would I even need blackmail for him.

“Wow, you guys are two of a kind,” I noticed and they both shrugged their shoulders. It was kind of like Pictionary after a round, you can draw out the picture and leave people guessing but in the end you can finally see it after someone points it out. This was a feeling I was having!

“I prefer to be one of a kind with someone who’s similar,” Minji stated and I laughed. Yukwon gasped slightly and placed a hand over where his heart was beating.

“Ouch, Minji. That hurts,” He said sarcastically and earned a smack on the head but smiled and barely flinched. A sibling must be fun; you can talk to them and have fun with them, be sarcastic and have someone to friendly bicker with. Demons/Angels usually don’t have siblings; I get to witness a rare case.

“So, who’s older?” I wondered suddenly.

“Me,” They said simultaneously and stared at the other oddly. Oh ! They don’t know who the elder one is?!

“Uh, you were derived from me,” Yukwon told her, pointing to his chest.

“No, the Creator messed up and made you in my place,” Minji insisted. I rolled my eyes; this was probably a common thing with twins.

“Who saw who first?” I asked.

“We turned at the exact same time; both of us were fully materialized,” Yukwon sighed angrily, trying to think of who came first.

“Okay, never mind the question. You two could’ve been formed at the same time,” I interfered; I didn’t want them to fight. Even if siblings do fight but I really just want to understand about this situation more in depth. They calmed, they just need a wall in between so they don’t kill each other with their hands. “Do your friends know about this?” I asked Yukwon and he hung his head, shaking it to each side. So I really am the only other one who knows about this…that pause was probably one of pondering pauses. He must trust me a lot. “What about you Minji, the other D.A’s don’t know?”

“Ani, it’s just us three as far as I know,” she responded and pulled her hair back behind her ear.

“You don’t trust me do you?” I guessed.

“I didn’t, now I have to trust you as much as I trust Yukwon,” she said truthfully, Yukwon was still hanging his head but I could see a little smile of reassurance on his face. What, didn’t think your twin sister trusted you?

“Good, now, how in the Hell did you get in here?” I asked, moving on to more urgent business. This is my home, mine and Bom’s. As far as I knew, Bom never gave anyone a key. Yukwon pointed to the window, oh…right.

“It was still open after, the incident here,” he said softly. Oh, it was open from when Bom was kidnapped. My eyes felt softer, the stimulating emotions drained out of me. I felt dead and lifeless just hearing about the kidnapping.

“Right, I forgot. How did you know I would be here?” I asked again, quieter and more curious less demanding like a child. Yukwon shrugged and Minji pointed to him.

“Today felt like a day you would visit, what’s the paper for?” he pointed towards my pocket and I laid a hand on it, taking a breath.

“A personal message,” I mumbled and they both nodded. Minji checked Yukwon’s watch, lifting her brother’s arm so she could see and groaned.

“We should get going now; it’s getting to be late since you guys ate at a stupid time,”

“I was waiting for Jihoon and Seunghyun to come back from their prison cell!”

“You should’ve just eaten before!” I smiled slightly at their bickering; they jumped out of the window and landed safely from what I could hear. I looked towards Bom’s bed and lifted the pillow, placing the paper underneath and patting it down comfortingly. I sighed and walked out of the bedroom, turning off the other lights and then Bom’s. I looked around for a moment before hearing Yukwon and Minji call for me. I’ll be back in five years’ time, will be blown over. I decided and leapt from the window sill, rolling next to Yukwon and Minji. Instead of flashing, since Yukwon wasn’t taught to flash yet, we all walked together. I stood in between the twins then and shoved my hands into my soft pajama sweats. “You better watch your back too, Seunghyun. I know one of your secrets too you know,” Minji teased. I only smirked but on the inside I was a bit frightened.

“And what is that?” I asked her.

“You’re in love with Bom,” she said cheekily and I rolled my eyes.

“Please, right now Bom is a delicate topic. Do not play around with it,” I told her, I obviously avoided the accusation but the two didn’t seem to tense or question me. I felt relief over my shoulders. Lying feels so good.

I didn’t sleep at night, I wrote down the blackmailing and the details of the news. First, Jiyong and Chaerin. Jiyong: Devil’s heir Chaerin: Lead Angel. They’re pretty obviously in love; it goes against Rule Number 1. Then Youngbae and Dara, Youngbae: Defense Instructor Dara: PR Angel. Also in love and it violates Rule Number 1. Seungri: Seventh Year Demon. His social life and many dating/ual scandals are against Demon objectives as a creation not a person. I know that sounds harsh but really our existence is only a job. Daesung: Seventh Year Demon. A hardcore gambler, defying the Morales of Addiction’s greed section. Se7en: of course, he’s the Devil. In love with Park Han Byul, being a mothering hypocrite. Minji/Yukwon: Special Ops Angel/Fifth Year Demon. They’re secret siblings who basically defy the concept of female Angels and male Demons; I guess I could count the Creator in this one too. Damn I have a lot of blackmail…should I count the fifth years too? They did tell me they used to skip curfew to see Minhyuk/B-Bomb, but, that wouldn’t be fair since they’re my friends now. You seemed to forget Dae and Seungri let you go on that mission when they were supposed to keep you locked up. God! No, I’ll leave it as it is, this is my final draft. I placed the notebook under my bed and took a deep breath, weary from the day. Oh God, they should totally let you sleep in Seunghyun. You’re the only one who deserves it now.

I wonder when I’ll need to actually use the blackmails…should be interesting.