Chapter 24

Working Overtime

Thank you to my new subscriber: ladylovebom! Now, since all of you are super curious about how Bom is doing, guess what I put in here? :)

 

~~~~

 

When I saw the pitch black room and the glowing silver, no longer blue, aura blushing off of my whole body from head to toe I nearly jumped and shouted with anxiety. I felt no strings attached, Tablo wasn’t controlling this dream. Was I doing this on my own? Am I capable of doing that yet? Ignoring the thought, I looked around and blindly walked, finally seeing a blur of red in the distance. Her figure was recognizable, her hair was still as fiery as ever. “BOM!” I shouted and started sprinting with happiness swelling in my little heart.

“TABI!” she shouted back and we started charging to each other. With each step she became closer to life size, even if that was small too. I felt like I was going too slow, she just didn’t come to me fast enough! But finally, when we were about six feet away she leapt into my arms and I caught her. I spun her around with a broad smile on my face and hearing her laugh in my ears, he beautiful laugh was dulcet. “It’s been a year, you changed your hair,” she noticed and I felt the tears on my bare shoulder since I was in what I fell asleep in. I rubbed her back in small circles nodding. The ambiance became a bit calmer now that we were together in each other's embrace. 

“Yeah I did, you haven’t changed a bit though,” I squeezed her tightly some more.

“Of course I haven’t, they won’t even let me out of the room let alone get a haircut,” she mumbled and I chuckled slightly. We let go and I met her eyes so I smiled again.

“Are you okay? Not anymore hurt are you?” I asked her and rubbed her arms with my hands.

“I’ve been better, obviously, but they don’t hit me anymore, occasionally I’ll be hungry or thirsty but I live more than barely,” she told me, I relaxed a tad. At least she's not a pile of bones, at least they're not hurting her physically. We then sat down cross legged in front of each other. “What about you? How has the year been?” I haven’t told her about my issues with the others, they used to be her friends too.

“Um, things haven’t been doing so great for me,” I told her truthfully and she frowned.

“Why?” she asked concerned and I sighed reluctantly.

“Well, it’s just social issues with friends,” I shrugged. Bom looked worried; she knew I always liked having friends especially with the ones I’ve known since I was created. “I’ve looked deeper now, and I can’t believe what I’m seeing,” I mumbled. “Jiyong and Chaerin, they’re in love. Youngbae and Dara, they’re in love.”

“What about us then Seunghyun?” Bom asked me. I paused; do I have to admit it to myself now that I’m in love with Bom? I took a breath.

“I love you, but at least I can keep it under control and a secret,” I said. Oh that felt good to say!  “And not just that, they’ve changed. They want to humiliate me, they want to overpower me, they want to put me down! I have to overhear conversations between them to know what they’re saying about me!” I added angrily.

“Tabi, that’s because you’re the one that’s changing not them,” Bom laid a hand on my shoulder which calmed me. “Ever since I was kidnapped I think you’ve been a more irritable, you get more and more angry.”

“I’ve thought about it that way, Bom, and I know I’m different I know I’ve changed,” I sighed deeply. “I know I won’t be friends with them until I rescue you, for four years I know I won’t and don’t want to be associated with them. It’s because you tied me down, you controlled my emotions like on the roof, we would always make up there,” I explained and she smiled at the pleasant memories. i miss them too Bom. “I understand that we’ll never make up anytime soon, but I’m okay with that. Eventually we’ll be reunited, give some sixth years I made friends with.”

“You can always make friends with the people you wanted,” Bom smiled softly. “And I’m glad you said that we’re in love too Tabi,” she added and I smiled at her kindly, scooting closer.

“It’s insane, but it’s true,” I kissed her cheek softly; I felt it as if she was really here. It enlightened and broke my heart at the same moment. When I let go she reached up and brushed her fingers across the spot I kissed, we smiled at each other. “I also don’t punch as much when I’m angry,” I said and her eyes lit up with surprise.

“Really? That’s great! What do you do then?” she wondered.

“Why do you assume I can’t just ball up my emotions?” I asked back.

“Because you’re you, Tabi, and you can never just ball up your emotions you have to release it somehow,” Bom reasoned. Oh you know me so well Bommie.

“Alright, true. I write in journals every day, whether it was boring or not. I talk about the events of the day and it empties myself so I can start anew,” I told her and her jaw dropped causing me to laugh. I know, it’s been a year and things have changed haven’t they?

“You write? Do you ever write about me?” she asked, winking at me and I chuckled.

“Everything I write relates to you somehow, my Bommie,” I responded and she leaned on my shoulder happily.

“Yay,” she breathed and I smirked. “I miss being at home,” she complained.

“I don’t stay at home anymore, since I have more training Se7en is making me stay down here,” I told her, feeling my back rest on a wall as if it moved itself to me.

“I miss home, I miss my friends, I miss my love…I miss that little park we used to hang out in,” Bom mumbled into my neck, sending her warm breath into the crook of my shoulder. She no longer smelled fruity or sweet but she just smelled…normal I guess. Just the original scent of each person never leaves, I yearn for it again.

“I want you back Bom, but we have to stay firm. Never be weak, at least, never in public,” I shrugged and she giggled a little. “I cried twice in the past year, it’s not a good feeling,” I told her and she nodded.

“It never is. But I’m glad I can make you feel that way.”

“Who said I was crying over you?” I inquired and she slapped my chest as I laughed.

“You jackass.”

“I love you too.”

For a while we just sat in silence and hugged each other in comfortable quietness. We never had that when she was around so it was a bit too mute for my taste but I was with Bommie for the first time in a year so I managed it. I was surprised neither of our auras were flickering, it felt like hours when in here. Surprisingly I never felt tired, maybe because I was still sleeping… But since we were lounging around I was still just bored. I never noticed how great it felt to be hugging someone, maybe I should try hugging more often. Nah, I just like hugging Bom! I smiled to myself and kissed her head softly. “How long has it been?” she wondered and I shrugged.

“Who knows? It’s not like time is elapsing,” I told her calmly.

“But maybe, we can catch up some other time,” she suggested and my heart began beating quickly in fear.

“I still want to spend time with you,” I insisted and she sat up, placing her hands on my shoulders.

“I do too, Tabi. But I feel like we’ve been in here for years. Who knows how long we’ve been in this amazing dream?” she looked around. It’s reasonable, but Bommie! I started whining a little but Bom gave me a strict look.

“Fine. Just don’t forget, I love you Bommie. Even if the Catastrophics say no, they’re just lying bastards,” I leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

“And I love you Tabi. Keep learning, there’s a lot of stuff you have to know,” she kissed my forehead.

“Woah wait! You know stuff and you didn’t tell me?!” I asked and we both stood up, my legs felt like a thousand pins were being jabbed into my legs sending this prickly sensation.

“You’ll learn it eventually,” she rolled her eyes.

“Jeez, I thought I was the secretive one,” I grumbled but soon I found myself laying on my soft bed, I was warmed by the blanket and felt myself like I was floating on clouds. It was probably because I was numb still. It was oddly relaxing, until I was able to hear the shouting worries outside of my room door. I groaned and sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and blinking to correct my vision. As the cold hit my arms I continued to stumble to my bedroom door which I opened and headed to the main door.

“It’s one in the afternoon! He didn’t sleep that late!” Yukwon shouted. Woah, 1 p.m.? Damn I guess we did spend a lot of time in there.

“Dammit! Why won’t the door open?!” Jihoon grunted. I pulled my door open causing Jihoon to fall down on the ground with a thump. “Ouch," he moaned and I picked him up.

“Sorry, I was having a really good dream,” I sighed and grinned, feeling little dimples in my cheeks for once.

“What about?”

“I was catching up with someone I really miss.” 

 

A/N: Don't forget to COMMENT!