Chapter 27

Working Overtime

Since today was the day before Thanksgiving I wanted to update especially because I was let out from school early today! I won't be updating during Thanksgiving weekend so I'll just say it now: HAVE AN AWESOME THANKSGIVING! EAT TONS OF TURKEY~! :))

 

~~~~

 

I woke up and hurriedly dressed into some casual clothes since I would spend the day with B-Bomb. I wore light blue (slightly worn) jeans and a white tee carrying along an empty journal and a black pen. As I trotted down through the maze I saw the Demons running around in armor with weapons, I felt bad I wasn’t going with them but I am helping in a way. I might be able to get something out of B-Bomb, personally and for the entire Demon race. I looked through the little narrow glass window of the metal room I was locked up in for eight days in my two sentences. This felt good to look at someone else! I smirked and walked in, seeing B-Bomb sprawled on the floor in front of the table. I opened my notebook to the first page and wrote down some quick observations of the Catastrophic, the way he slept (heavily, I poked his ribs and he didn’t do anything), his appearance (if I didn’t know who he was, I’d think he was a fun innocent guy), a description of our battle and a few subtle flaws and weaknesses I noticed. Finally jotting down all my notes I cleared my throat and bonked his dorehead with my hand. “Wake up B-Bomb,” I told him and he groused, creasing his eyebrows. His hands pushed themselves off the ground languidly as he sat cross legged smacking his lips together and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. I took a seat at the metal chair and table, fiddling with my thumbs nervously. 

“Morning,” he bent his hunched back forward sending his spine into a series of cracks and sighed in relief.

“Morning, I figured we could talk a bit more casually before I start to get down to business,” I thought and set my things down. He raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

“Why?” he wondered.

“I wanna know some things my friends want to know, like, how’d you find and manage to kill Minhyuk,” I said and he shrugged with his lips pursed.

“I was ordered the standard thing: find good looking human with a good soul, kill the human, take the soul, and boom. I have his face and body. I remember I did it in broad daylight, he was dancing around the park and I had my hood up covering my face. He made himself easy, he was alone, unaware, and unarmed. The lance I had? Shot it right through his wimpy heart,” he made a stabbing motion with his left hand and placed his right over where a human heart should be. He smirked at my anger, even if I never knew Minhyuk, he was a human and obviously a good friend to the sixth years. I wanted to hurt B-Bomb so badly but I’ll save that for later. “Good ‘ol Minhyuk made no noise, he simply died and I was able to take his heart almost effortlessly. I took the rest of the day in the park to get used to my new body, when those younger Demons came by at about pitch night. You could tell the two were Demons, one was like a kitty looking guy,” Yukwon. “And the other had black hair and a long face,” Kyung. “I led them on for a few minutes, pretending to be their friend of two years, until I took my lance and gun out to attack. They came unarmed but no doubt they were decent Demons. Both reacted quickly and were fine in combat despite no training. If they weren’t able to leave I would’ve killed them,” he sighed and folded his hands together; ending the story of the day he killed Minhyuk.

“I’ll be sure to tell them that,” I muttered and rested my hands on the metal table. “What about the pairings of Catastrophics all of a sudden?”

“Uh, it was meant to be an idea until we realized that showing up one at a time wouldn’t defeat a pair of Demon and Angel. So Siwon and his partner went out to try it. Guess it worked,” he smirked. The information on how everything was planned began to get on my nerves but this was valuable stuff!

“How did you manage to get Bom?” I inquired, more aggressively since we touched that sensitive topic.

“I was hoping you would ask,” he smirked evilly and leaned back against the wall. “It was a little over a year ago right?” I nodded. “Well, after Siwon discreetly followed you guys home while I hid in the bushes he came back to me and said you guys were in an argument. That you had left her. We planned on both of you but Bom would be an incentive. Bom went to her room, opening the window. Big mistake. Siwon boosted me up so I was able to yank myself onto the window sill and took him up. She screamed so loudly, it nearly killed my human ears! As we advanced, each beat of my heart meant a moment closer to getting your other half! She fought back well, throwing things, punching, screaming. She screamed your name Seunghyun! And you didn’t save her! She wanted you to be safe; she told us how to get there if we didn’t hurt you. So Siwon and a few other Catastrophics poofed up in your little Hell, while Kang helped me take Bom after I punched her out—!” he wanted to get me angry, he inched closer and closer to the table but when he spoke about hitting Bom I threw the table on his dumbed face! I don’t care if Yukwon warned me not to hurt him too badly he attacked and kidnapped Bom personally!

“ENOUGH!” I roared. During his story my heart beat quickly in frustration, now, I felt better seeing him pressed against the wall against his will. “Now you’re gonna answer some questions for me. Answer it right or else someone’s gonna get seriously hurt around here and it ain’t gonna be me,” I stared at him heatedly, a finger pointed at him and my teeth were grinding against each other. “Firstly, the planet. Ceres lairs are underground so where’s the entrance?” I demanded.

“That bright spot you can see with a telescope, you should know.” I was clarifying dip!

“How are the underground passages?”

“Shorter than you that’s for sure,” B-Bomb replied, managing to shove the heavy table from his body.

“Estimating, how many Catastrophics will there be in the next four years?” I need to know where we stand number wise, if outnumbered we have to outgun which would also be something to prepare for.

“Roughly 10,000 fighting now, perhaps another two or three thousand in four years,” he guessed, spinning his head in small circles to think, easier I guess. He better not be telling me bull.

“Why are telling me everything so quickly?” I asked him and he paused blankly.

“I don’t know, you’re gonna figure out something to do something but either way I’ll be gone. No one can blame me anymore,” he sighed deeply, I could see B-Bomb was stiff and stressed now. I somewhat relaxed at his slightly weaker side. I made sure to note it in the appearance section.

“Blamed in Ceres often?” I guessed and he smirked.

“Often is an understatement, just because I was a troublemaker everything bad was meant to be my fault,” he mumbled, staring at the ceiling.

“Same, except there are witnesses to see my troublemaking,” I said and B-Bomb chuckled lightly. Why do I feel connected to you? A Catastrophic, we were enemies only minutes ago but now we’re relating to each other. “I was known for blowing my top a lot, being the aggressive one in a group.”

“Same, there’s just no other way to release it that effectively besides hitting a wall,” he uttered dreamily and slumped his shoulders.

“Exactly. Especially this past year has been hard on my muscles,” I groaned and rubbed down my shoulder, B-Bomb did the same.

“I hate it, that’s why, I’m fine with dying. It’ll feel so much easier,” he stood up and adjusted the table so it was upright, swiping back his purple-ish dark brown hair. I went to the door and poked my head through the crack.

“Can you get another chair in here?”

So B-Bomb and I talked forgetting our differences and bonding like normal people, like humans would do. We forgot about the war above on the ground which everyone else worried and was burdened about. We forgot about the fact we were at each other’s throats not too long ago. I forgot about Bom, which shocked me terribly and he forgot about his abduction, which shocked him awfully. We ended up having a lot of emotional correspondences. Like our anger issues, our emotive ups and downs, the strength in our bodies being underestimated to superiors, the haunting insecurity lurking in our minds. I already felt fond of B-Bomb; there was no way any other person could relate to me so easily as this Catastrophic here. In the middle of a conversation about humans I heard a knock on the door and turned back to see Jiyong. He snapped me back to reality with his vest and knife in his hands. “Hold on, I gotta talk to the douchebag,” I groaned and B-Bomb chuckled. I opened the door and closed it behind me as I faced Jiyong in all his stupidity. “What?” I asked harshly.

“We’re outside fighting, and you’re getting cozy with the enemy,” he spat.

“I’m not “getting cozy with him” I’m thinking of something too you know,” I responded and crossed my arms.

“Really? Like what pretty boy?” Jiyong questioned firmly, attempting to act superior even with his secret in my hands.

“I talked to B-Bomb, the guy wants to die. Catastrophic or not pretty that’s sad—.”

“And your point?” he interrupted arrogantly.

“Would you shut your mouth for one second?!” I shouted and he froze, thank God! “This is why I can talk to him and not you anymore! Shut it for one second please!” I hissed and he went a bit paler, more frightened. I breathed easier then. “I’m gonna turn him human again, or at least try to…” 

 

A/N: O. M. Double G. T.O.P wants to save B-Bomb by getting back Minhyuk?? (It might be confusing since both of them in real life are the same person, I apologize.) Please COMMENT AND LOVE! :DD <3 REMEMBER TO HAVAE A GREAT THANKSGIVING FOR ALL MY READERS!