Chapter 33

Working Overtime

Even I know this is a long update... :P I'd like to thank my new subscriber: Heartlessmind13! I'm almost done with this story /finally! :P\ but stick around! 

 

~~~~

 

Jihoon was first to react, slamming a sword into his chest only causing a pained groan and a drop to be heard. Not bad for a maknae. “Nice job,” I patted his shoulder as he stared at the bleeding body and looked around. We were in a totally white room, standing on a white platform. There were all kinds of panels with bright different colored buttons and smooth white chairs seated at them although no one was in the seats. The air was colder than on Earth, especially since we’re so close to its core, but it was manageable. We ran to our formation and I pulled out my gun in my right hand and the sword in my left before opening the door with the press of a red button. A long silver steel hallway waited for us but there were many doors in between us and the end…let’s see what happens. All of us took a cautious step forward; someone’s breathing was really heavy and slightly echoed. Cover your mouth, please! We can’t afford getting spotted! I gritted my teeth in frustration and we continued to move forward quietly.

“Seunghyun, did you start your timer?” I heard in my ear and I pressed my ear piece in further.

“Just did,” I pressed the button on my timer and it began counting down.

“You guys are right in the middle of their training area! If the records are correct, they’re heading out right now!” Seungri was the panicky one; he’s able to spark up worry in everyone’s mind! I felt myself boiling inside and my insides clenched as I saw sweaty bodies with lethal weapons coming out.

“ Panda I’ll talk to you later,” I responded and fired my pistol at the first body I saw step out.

Hell broke loose, and we were only here for five minutes! Sure the Catastrophics weren’t very sharp when we attacked them but when they got it we were hopelessly out numbered! These Catastrophics, although, were inexperienced and out-trained compared to the ten of us. Bodies upon bodies were stacking up, oozing their disgusting fluids before we were able to lock up the rest of the Catastrophics in their practice rooms. No doubt they had sounded some sort of alarm though! “Let’s go! Panda! Talk to me!” I said into my mike hurriedly, still in my formation as the leader. The door had let as to two paths, right and left.

“Uh, uh, oh! Head to the left! It’s more isolated in that wing!” Yukwon said hurriedly, leaving Seungri stuttering into his head piece. Oh Ri…what are we gonna do without you huh? We headed off to the left where I noticed red sirens wailing and blinking on the walls. I kept my gun in my hands and my sword strapped to my waist. Yukwon was right; I didn’t see very many Catastrophics roaming these halls. Occasionally one of us had to take one down but that was about it. The people on the sides peered into rooms to see where they were keeping Bom; none of the rooms even led us to a clue.

“Th-these halls don’t even look familiar…” Minhyuk commented frustrated and we all turned to him.

“That’s right; you still remember everything B-Bomb experienced! B-Bomb was the one who kept Bom alive meaning he knows exactly where she is!” I took his shoulders. “Where do you think she is?”

“Um, check over there, I think that’s a staircase,” he shakily pointed behind me and I turned to see the door at the end of the corridor.

“Let’s go!” Youngbae shouted and we ran through it, stumbling down the steps hearing hoarse voice yelling after us.

I didn’t dare look back, I just kept going faster and faster. Damn these stairs are long! And dim, I can’t see frigging anything! “Almost there, bank left!” Minji commanded as I saw the door and I slammed it to the side. I turned back and noticed Youngbae bolting the door shut in a flurry. Again we were trapped in a two way; I gazed to Minhyuk for assistance.

“We’re gonna wanna go right, I think. It’s been a while!” Minhyuk said defensively and I rolled my eyes still running in that direction. Everyone was still with us; it kept my adrenalin lower than it would’ve been if someone had disappeared.

“We’re getting tailed!” Youngbae shouted along with a few sharp sounds of knives flying. I turned back and tossed him my gun which he nearly dropped.

“Pull the trigger to fire!” I called back to him and heard the gunshots echoing through the hallway along with groans and bodies dropping off. These stainless steel halls are getting me really claustrophobic… I shook off the paranoia and let my eyes fly around. “Anything on the sidelines?”

“Just walls, helping out Bae Hyung!” Jae Hyo responded loudly.

“Where to next Minhyuk?” Jiyong asked beside me.

“I-I don’t know, this is a dead end!” I stopped in front of a blank wall, feeling anger heating up inside of me. It’s not his fault, calm down Seunghyun. I clenched my fists tightly and turned around. Whatever, we’ll just fight our way back! I took out my sword and pushed my way in front of Youngbae. “Kick already Bae!” I encouraged and slit down a charging Catastrophic, slicing him straight down a line.

“Nice one, Hyung!” Tae Il chuckled and I kicked back another, sending a domino reaction with at least five others. Youngbae tossed me my gun which I reloaded and started firing, laughing at the beams that hit my chest and was absorbed into the vest. It was some pretty good protection! It was kind of invigorating, being an adrenalin junkie and all. Yeah, until one smart hit my right arm and forced me back against the wall so I hit my goddamn head.

OH THAT ING HURTS LIKE A ! I hissed and looked down at my arm, blackened skin with smoke arising made my stomach churn. “Hyung!”

“I’m fine, Jiho!” I insisted and stood up, wobbly. I tried to lift my arm but I barely was able to take it from my waist. I can’t heal like usual on Ceres; their atmosphere isn’t the same as Hell’s or Earth’s. I can’t use the elements to my advantage. “Can’t heal, agonizing like a bastard.” I moaned and switched my gun to my left hand. I leaned against the back and took precision to fire in between my soldiers to hit the enemy lines. Sweat started down my face and my neck, making the heat nearly unbearable. Oh God, this is terrible. I fell back once more and suddenly my heart clenched in sudden fear when I fell into through a hidden door.

“HYUNG!” at least when they followed me, the opening closed. But, now it’s dark as night…

 

“He can’t be dead! His pulse is just faint!” Kyung insisted, a pair of cold fingers touched my neck where even I could barely feel my pumping heart. I’m so tired, and lazy, and tired, and stressed, but mostly tired.

“Thanks a lot, Ji Hyung! You fell on him and nearly crushed him to death!” Daesung scolded which followed by the sound of skin on skin.

“Hey! This is not my fault! If anything it’s his own fault—!” oh that dickhead, crashing into me, and blaming me for my own injuries! What a bastard…

“You can’t blame someone for getting themselves hurt! It’ll heal if we get back to Earth, if you hadn’t sat on him!” Jihoon bellowed. I pressed my hand to my head which suddenly throbbed with pain and I opened my eyes. It was darker down here, there were only a few light bulbs flickering. I was on one of the four floors that were connected to create a square. A railing blocked the inner square which seemed to lead to darkness…yeah I don’t wanna fall down there! I quickly turned to my clock; it was already down to an hour and a half! Damn I was out for a hella long time!

“Oh ! We have to get to Bom soon!” I scrambled up, getting a quick headache. Minhyuk touched my shoulder. He pointed forward where I could see a room with a single light bulb swinging and two fallen guards on the ground. They at least did something while I was out.

“She’s in there,” he mumbled and I immediately ran over. My heart was tightening in anxiety, wondering if she was truly here or not. I peered in and found myself ripping open the door.

“Bommie!”

“Tabi!”

Is this reality? Am I really here right now? How long have I waited for this, it feels like eternity. Why am I crying? This is like, the fifth time these past five years! Oh my dear Bommie, look how you can break me apart. At least we’re together now, in each other’s embrace. “You’re okay,” I sniffed and blinked as hot tears ran down my cheeks. I was so glad she wasn’t injured! Her hair was a lot longer, her makeup was washed off, but other than that she seemed fine. If anything hurt you, I would have to kill them first!

“I missed you, Tabi. I knew you would come though,” her voice was quieter, more softly spoken unlike usual. Our arms were tightly around each other, we were both crying silently. I couldn’t help it! My heart was exploding with joy like fireworks; I missed her every day so badly that it used to feel numb by the four year mark. Not anymore, now, it came back alive and it feels great! I’ve never been happier in my life. We stayed like that for a while, just rejoicing with the feeling of being safe once more.

“I love you so much Bommie,” I choked up, I confessed quietly so no one else could hear me. I kissed her forehead gently and I felt her hands gripping tightly on my shirt. “Don’t ever leave me again,” I mumbled and she smiled a little, her teeth were still glittering.

“I love you too Tabi,” she whispered and we stood up. I held her over to the guys and I looked down at my chest in order to hide my swollen bloodshot eyes.

“How’s your arm first?” Jae Hyo wondered and I looked back at the hardened burnt skin. I completely forgot but, uh, now I have no feeling in it whatsoever…Bom widened her eyes as if just realizing my injuries.

“Ya! Where’d you get that huh?!” she pointed, her voice loudly echoed and we all flinched at the walls slight vibrations.

“THEY’VE GOT THE PRISONER!” suddenly it felt like the whole floor was shaking. The 11 of us stared wide eyed at each other.

“I’ll tell you later Bom! Come here!” I took her hand and she leapt onto my back so I could use my hands to use my weapons as she held on tightly to my neck and waist. We then ran for our ing lives.

To leave this place we had to make it back up to the top, or at least that completely white room we were transported to. Who knows how many floors we fell down?! And Bom wasn’t much of a burden, well, a little but she seemed a lot lighter than five years ago…damn has it really been five years? I’m sorry I still can’t over how great I feel! Now we just have to get home! I used my left arm to fire my gun, my right arm kinda flailed around like lifeless jelly. It was really picking on my nerves especially since my stress levels are really high right now! “Block them off! Make sure there’s a path!” I ordered and they easily obeyed, although not as willingly. Like Jiyong and Youngbae, they were glaring at me like fire burning into me! I glared back and they eventually went back to full battle mode! I scooted Bom back up on my back and shot a nearby Catastrophic’s chest. He collapsed on my chest almost knocking me down but I caught my balance. Damn, that was close. I sighed and we continued forward, kicking !

“I can walk you know, you don’t have to carry me,” Bom whispered in my ear just as things began to get a bit more familiar.

“It’s okay, Bom, I can do this,” I grunted, forcing myself to go on but as I said that I felt like more Catastrophics appeared. Aw, .

My eyes couldn’t process most of it, sure, most of us were at least scraped up a bit! Not surprising, these Catastrophics were pissed at us for actually beating them 10 to like a thousand! We were especially tired when we came to the very first hallway, sweating buckets and my heart was beating inside my sand dry throat. It was difficult to breathe; my throat wouldn’t get moist no matter how much saliva I swallowed! It sounds gross, but you try going like an hour without fluids, running out of bullets, trapped on a planet where monsters have a craving to kill the living Hell out of you! Each step towards the targeted door made me anxious and agitated. I sighed and used my shoulders (despite Bom) to check some Catastrophics into walls. Piss off, Catastrophics es, I wanna get home! “Opened!” Jiyong called in a scratchy voice and we all leapt inside. Bom let go of my back and we all sprawled across the cool marble floors, I groaned in fatigue and my right arm throbbed once more. Youngbae and Jiyong were grunting as they slammed the door shut, forcing out Catastrophics for the time being.

“We made it!” Jihoon gasped in happiness and we all cheered and clapped. A sudden weight fell off my shoulders; a weight that I held for 5 whole years is gone! It sent a soft cold sensation through my body causing my muscles to loosen up and my mind relax. I turned over on my back and checked my digital timer. We would’ve had an hour and fifteen minutes left. Suddenly I double-checked the time. That can’t be right, it was an hour and a half before I reunited with Bom! Not to mention all of that fighting, taking orders from HQ and cursing couldn’t have been less than 15 minutes! Wait, the clock isn’t moving…oh how much time do we have?!

“O-Oppa! Why aren’t you back yet?!” the screaming came from my inside my ears, it was Chaerin and Dara. I looked up and saw the portal recharging itself, glowing nearly the same color we had arrived in. Panic flushed through me and my nerves were trembling. Seconds, that’s how much time we have. I let the adrenalin pump through me before reacting to the uncanny scenario. You can do this, Seunghyun. I ran back and threw Ji and Bae into the beam, they flashed out in a flurry of particles. Walking across the giant room I shoved the scattered eighth years (eighth years right?) next despite their hollers and arguments. Minhyuk refused to go in but that only delayed my process! I picked up Daesung by the collar.

“Hyung no! You’re gonna get left behind!” he warned me. I might…

“Get in there Dae!” I growled and pushed him in. “Catch Bommie for me!” Finally, I gripped her slim wrist and tossed her in, catching a glimpse of her eyes full of fear and worry. My mind slowed things down, as if my whole life was in slow motion even the sound of pounding against the door was echoing. I’ll make it, Bommie. I surged forward once her body shimmered away, the beam flashed at me blinding my eyes and I was forced to skid and look away. Mianhae… I could already tell the Catastrophics had forcefully entered the room despite our efforts to block it off, I was left with limited weapons and resources. I was alone; despair filled my sullen heart to the brim, on the brink of crying once more. “ my life…” 

 

A/N: Ohhh sheet... (.__.)