Chapter 34

Working Overtime

I would like to thank a new subscriber: Alien21! So, how many of you are still alive?? o.O 

 

~~~~

 

Catastrophics wouldn’t stop flooding into the room! When one fell down, two took its place! What I did was probably unnecessary, I probably could’ve gotten in on time, but the access time took too much of my time. Now it’s gone and I don’t know if they’ll be able to get it back up and running anytime soon. Stupid Devil! Putting me on a ing time frame! The extra incentive boosted my power a little so I was able to recover but my limbs were so tired, I was ready to rest just a minute ago, now I’m once again fighting for life! Although, despite my efforts, I can’t really last 1 to 1,000 for too long. Yeah, I was captured after about 10 minutes…instead of killing me on the spot though they tied me up in scratchy rope and shoved me to the side. I met Brian again, earning a smack in the face by the diva king, and he and Kang were talking about the consequences of me. “They made off with Bom, but he’s better if we get him on our side! We can’t kill him!” Kang insisted, pointing back at me and having Brian glare.

“Not a chance, he’s defiant and will be unresponsive. We should kill him and get over with it,” Brian argued.

“Come on! He’s a fighter, when he can’t fight he’ll fight anything!” Kang started jumping, only working my nerves even more. These two, can’t decide on anything! As they continued I work on a decision I stared at the beam, waiting for a light to show up. They had to figure out how to reactivate it again! Really, they can’t leave me here for another five years! They can’t just, leave me here…

I took a short nap in the room, yeah, they argued for that long! I was locked inside, I woke up when I heard a quiet buzz. I opened up my eyes and noticed the beam was back up and running. I craned my head to see if anyone was outside, nobody. Oh these Catastrophics at security! I attempted to hobble over but soon I just fell flat on my side. “Oh ,” I muttered and kicked my feet to scoot towards the platform. I forced my strength to rock me back up and I jumped from my feet. It was arduous and the rope was cutting into my bare skin but eventually I was only one step away from the beam. My spirits rose back up and I wiggled my toes and grinned widely. “Later Ceres, it wasn’t a pleasure being here,” I breathed and hopped into the bright beam, heading back home with happiness swelling inside of me.

I collapsed on the dirt with a huff and wiggled around in my rope prison. “A little help here! Don’t laugh Ji or I’ll kick your !” I shouted. Although, I wasn’t as angry this time and I wasn’t as serious with that threat like usual. Jiyong helped me up and tore at the ropes with Yukwon until I was able to breathe. I fell on my back and gasped for air. God I’m sweaty… “I’m back!” I hollered and Yukwon helped me on my feet. I could noticeably see the red lines and a little blood from the thick ropes stabbing my arms and legs but I was just glad to be alive and at home! My arm had already healed once I hit the atmosphere and now I felt great! “Wh-where’s Bom?” I asked Jiyong quickly.

“She’s downstairs, worrying,” he answered and I pushed passed the two, running down and screaming my head off.

“BOMMIE! BOMMIE I’M STILL ALIVE!/see what I did there?\” I shouted and nearly tripped over the many stone steps. I heard rustling, loud echoing footsteps.

“TABI!” I ran from the stairs and headed towards her with my arms open and my smile wide. It felt like complete bliss for her to be in my arms again, like my world was complete once more, my life had purpose again. “You’re okay.” I felt her tears on my shirt and I held her tighter. I could see Minji, Chaerin, and Dara watching they were actually smiling at me for the first time in a really long time! I smiled back, genuinely.

“You’re okay; I was so worried about you. You were on my mind every night, I’ll never leave you alone again I promise Bommie,” I whispered in her ear.

“It was both of our fault, we have to stop arguing to such a horrible extent. I think we both know now that we have to live together or else terrible things will happen,” Bom nearly smiled and I held her hand.

“I know, I’m sorry. We’ve only been with each other 15 years, counting your disappearance, and we have another 105 years together. We shouldn’t torture ourselves with that,” I sighed. We both stood in silence for a moment, holding hands.

“Come on, I’m so hungry and there’s a food court right there!” she pointed and began dragging me towards the miniature cafeteria and I rolled my eyes. “I also met your new friends, I hope you don’t mind, but I arranged a bigger table so the 16 of us could eat together,” she added. Okay, the only reason I wasn’t able to stand Jiyong, Youngbae, Chaerin, and Dara was because I was so stressed that Bom was gone and they wouldn’t care. I might get on friendly terms again but there’s no way I can go back to being the way I used to be with them. I smiled for Bom.

“Of course, that’s awesome!”

I spent dinner eating with the love of my life, my good friends, and my former friends. I admit, they weren’t so bad this time around. I was surprised Bom knew about Chae, Ji, Bae, and Dara’s secret but that is something I’ll get around to. Besides, I’m glad she didn’t admit anything about us. She might know about how much I take my position and we’ll confess later. After a hefty delicious dinner Bom got really sleepy and so did Minhyuk…”Bommie, wanna head home?” I asked her softly and she yawned, nodding. “Well, first of all you know what happened with B-Bomb/Minhyuk right?” she nodded once more. “Minhyuk needed a place to stay so he’s gonna be a third roommate okay?” I told her softly. She grinned.

“Sweet! That’s fine, he’s basically our Earth when we’ve already got Heaven and Hell,” she reasoned and I smiled. I never thought about it that way.

“Minhyuk, let’s head home,” I told him and he stood up. “We’ll see you all later,” I said followed by a soft of goodbyes and I picked up Bom bridal style. Minhyuk also walked over and the three of us took a stroll home.

“Hyung do I get my own room then?” Minhyuk wondered as we neared the house. Bom laughed a little.

“Well, now that Bom’s home, I can sleep in my own room again so I guess you can,” I realized. We’ve shared a room for the past two years, it could get a bit lonely for a little bit to be honest with you. Although Minhyuk was pretty happy about it! He smiled and jumped up. “Well thanks,” I bumped him with my hip making Bom laugh again. Minhyuk inserted his own key into the lock and the lights after I kicked the door closed.

“Oh man, it’s been so long,” Bom breathed. Her cheeks went a little red and I set her on her feet.

“Bom Noona, are you gonna cry?” Minhyuk asked cautiously and she nodded. Her tears began rolling and her breathing went rigid. I rolled my eyes but held her closely anyways, letting her cry whatever emotions she had stored inside of her.

“I think we all should get some sleep, we’ve all had a really long day,” I suggested quietly and we all headed upstairs. Minhyuk went straight towards his room while I helped Bom settle back in bed.

“Did you fix everything?” she wondered and I nodded.

“Don’t thank me now.” I smirked and gently kissed her head. “Talk tomorrow,” I whispered. She didn’t need another word, her eyes fell and her head dropped onto the pillow. I heard a crinkling sound and looked under her pillow. I sighed and pulled out the white envelope I had written five years ago to myself. The envelope was mostly straight except for a couple creases Bom had just created after laying on her pillow. I took a deep breath and sat with my legs crossed on the floor to read it.

Dear Seunghyun of the Future,

       I know things have been rough, with the blackmailing of the different D.A members, and the extra five or so years of training, and finding Bom on Ceres. But by now she should be safely in your arms while you’re reading this. She might be a bit banged up or so, but she’ll be safe with you and you’ll be better when protecting her. If you can, try to talk to her about your inner emotions without crying. I know you’ve wondered about the choices for a long time, perhaps you still are, but everyone seems to be breaking the rules and you can’t let them steal your position as the rebel! Bom and you are special; you two are the ideal pairing of Demon and Angel. It wasn’t at all great in the beginning but this should bring you closer together which is the only upside to this whole experience. Okay I lied, not really…I don’t know if you recall trying to figure out peoples’ secrets for easy blackmail or not. Right now I’m struggling with finding Minji’s. If you figure it out later then we’re all set! Hopefully you won’t have to use the blackmail often or ever but, you know, just in case.

You’ll get them back later, and you know what I’m talking about! Your friends, after you save Bom and bring her back you’ll be better again. You’ll be like you were before, barely bearable but at least you’ll be pleasant once more. As of today, though, you’ll be alone until then. I hate to break it to you but it’s true. There’s no one to trust, no one will obey, no one will understand, and no one will do the things you’re willing to do. You’ve known you were on your own for a while but now there’s proof. Se7en is in love with an Angel, Ji, Chae, Tae, and Dara are in love, Seungri’s caught up in scandals that happen to be true, Daesung’s a hardcore gambler, and soon you’ll find out about the rest of them. Secrets are meant to be kept, that’s why it’s your responsibility to find out the ones you need to know in order to satisfy yourself.

Finally, in the future, I want you to look back and I want you to feel the emotions we went through. This has been an experience of a lifetime; hopefully we never have to experience this again. Remember the grief you felt when Bom was gone, remember the anger pumping through your veins when you were encased in metal for a week, remember the thrill of shooting a gun for the first time and sparring with the fifth years, the frustration when on the two/three day mission to get the water, and now the persistent thoughts trying to figure out everyone’s secrets. This has barely been a month and you feel like dying. I honestly wish you the best of luck even in your future and I hope that everything will fall into place. Not to mention, with all your goals for the even further future.

Good luck and have fun,

~Somewhat-Younger Seunghyun

 

I smiled at the letter, I felt like crying again. It brought back memories, sure they weren’t pleasant but they’ll forever be etched into my mind. This was a once in a lifetime experience! It brought on nearly every emotion to my heart, scratch that, I think I did take every emotion into my heart! From depression to excitement I felt it all, and I never want to live through something else like this ever again! After reading the letter I also realized something: they’re not fifth years anymore, this is their last year! Man, life really does go by! I kissed Bom’s head once more but returned to my dusty room. I put up the letter with a tic-tac, just for memories and referring to. I kicked off my shoes and slid under the blanket. I feel so good right now, I’m gonna enjoy life now! I kinda have to… As I went to sleep I dreamt about my future in this house, Minhyuk will age and we’ll make fun of him, Jiyong, Chaerin, Youngbae, and Dara will most likely stay in love, Dae and Ri would be single unless they kill Yukwon to get to Minji, the trainees will eventually live off with their new Angels and continue their journey (hopefully better than mine), and Bom and I are gonna blow off work for a few years. We should just relax a bit; reunite after these past five years. Now doesn’t that all sound nice?