Chapter 7

Working Overtime

Thank you to those who are bearing with me through this tough updating time :P Again, I'll try to get updates in as quickly as possible! 

 

~~~~

 

I packed away my things but I spent most of time rearranging Bom’s room. I noticed that I’ve only been in here a few times but I remember how it looks. Slowly, I placed the bed back in its former spot, pushed the drawers and dressers back, I even went to the store and bought paint and new picture frames! I saw a bunch of pictures that she still had of us which triggered the soft spot in my heart. After cleaning up Bom’s room to its former glory (give or take) I totally passed out on my bed. I was so tired from the day’s events, some emotions ran through me that I didn’t even know I still had! I let more than today’s frustration go though, I probably let five years of stress loose.

Why is my bed so stiff? Was my first thought when I opened my eyes again. I instantly looked around and was confused, where the hell am I? This was not my bedroom! Then I realized: I was in my old room back in Hell. Se7en must’ve moved me back here during the night. My bed was against the wall and above was hung up weapons that were in my room back in Seoul. I didn’t tell you before but getting dressed in Hell is a lot easier. They assign uniforms according to your year, your eyes are just when you were created they don’t change. Since I was going somewhere others hadn’t gone I got an original golden striped uniform. My shirt hugged my body so that my muscles were visible and the gold was along my shoulders to my arms and my pants were the same: black, boot cut, and golden striped along the edges. It didn’t look bad with my blue hair which was good since my blue hair is kind of a lot of who I am. That and Bom.

I sat up in bed and walked out of my room into the maze of many different cave doors. Our rooms are technically caves and they’re set up in a labyrinth so it’s a bit difficult to find your way out. Do I remember? I thought to myself as I wandered about the halls. I noticed a lot of strange looks coming from the newer generations of Demons. They’ve never experienced this color on someone who was like them and I bet they’ve never seen anyone with cyan hair! I felt lost, I was about to ask a seventh year when I felt a hand on my shoulder. “I can take you,” a smiling Daesung offered and I nodded.

“Thanks,” I mumbled and I followed him as he led me through a familiar route. North! Why didn’t I head north?! I slightly slapped my forehead for forgetting this way and Daesung showed me into the outer area of Hell.

“I’m not sure what they want to do with you since you’re so original in so many levels but I’m sure they’re gonna have you do something new,” he informed me, which was an awfully vague description on what I was supposed to do. I walked towards the fiery abyss and sat on the edge, thinking if this was the choice for me. I can’t continue my job without a partner to right my wrongs, if I go home I think of Bom, it’s my fault I left and couldn’t protect her, I need to work myself some more, this is the right choice. I finally decided. I glanced down into the hole and sighed. You would think, in Hell, you would hear screams and agonizing cries and stuff like that but really the only sound I hear is of crackling fire. I rubbed my forehead and stood up only to be shoved into the flames.

I hit the ground with my feet, looked up, and shouted: “WHAT THE ?!” which echoed from the walls. The pit is huge; I never knew how small I would feel compared to it. Fire at my uniform and face, causing me to warm up but not burn although burning will happen eventually. I saw a figure above me and a sword was thrown towards me. I caught the hilt but was still confused.

“Practice! There are some obstacles in there for you!” it was Youngbae’s voice. Of course the instructor, creating weird things for me!

“What obstacles?!” I shouted back at him.

“Why do you need the sword?” he said. there’s something waiting for me. “You’ll come back out in a few hours!” he shouted at me.

“A few hours?!” I called in disbelief. I’ll be so tired by then! And possibly burnt…

“Deal with it! You’re smart!” Youngbae reasoned and left from the ledge. Great. I looked around, the ground was smoky and blazing and I had limited time to defeat whatever he sent after me. I heard a groan and instinctively whipped around.

“What the hell…” I murmured and turned back around to continue walking. I felt watched, ever had that feeling? It’s one of the creepiest feelings ever, it can turn you paranoid and build agoraphobia or the fear of leaving home or your safe haven. As I trudged along the ground with my sword scratching the floors I felt more bored than anxious. What the heck is going to happen? Instead of being focused, like I normally was, I started thinking of Bom and my goals. Train harder, ship off to Ceres, find her, save her, bring her home, tell her how I feel. Woah wait what was the last part I just thought? “Tell her how I feel?” I said to myself. Don’t tell me, I’ve loved Bom for all these years! She’s my partner, there’s a rule against it, and I just want her back.

As the heat began to rise and it became irritatingly itchy I started getting even more annoyed and angry. Why won’t they just start this?! What the heck! They gave me a sword for a reason, I need to swing it! I then started to swipe randomly at the fire, not caring if I hit anything or not. I did warm ups and formations that I still remembered also adding kicks and punches just for fun. I mean, it’s not like something’s going to happen anytime soon so might as well let off some steam. I stopped and leaned against the wall of the pit, since walking would only create more warmth which I didn’t need right now. I ped my uniform jacket slightly so my chest could breathe a little, despite the black tank top I wore underneath. Let’s try and remember some tips for Hell shall we?

Okay, so I finally remember where to get to and from my room again thanks to Dae. Oh yeah! And I can’t mess with any of my old instructors because they’ll get revenge somehow using their strengths. No more hanging out with different Angels unless they’re with the Special D.A’s. since Bom is still my partner. Don’t fall into the abyss, but I kind of already broke that rule…what else? There was something really important but I can’t think thanks to the heat and fatigue! I must’ve used up half of my time just wandering around and thinking about different things! It was about the pit, since this pit tortures in a certain section…undead souls are in them! The other rule was not to wander off too far from the upper training area! I nearly cheered after figuring that out again, ever felt that? I stood up to check and see how far I’ve gone, I took a step forward when a scarlet red hand grabbed my ankle. “Holy !” I shouted and tripped but gripped my sword tightly. 

 

A/N: Remember, if the chapter is too short/seems rushed please tell me so I can try and make it better since the extra training is vital to the story!