Chapter 28

Working Overtime

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving??! I know I did! I ahd three turkey dinners! Ooh, I feel stuffed :P Well I liked coming back to see some new subscribers: ishinhwa, Cissyy, and IzzySweetie! Here's my update, thanks for continuing to read! <3 <3

 

~~~~

 

That made Jiyong pause, he was staring at me and I waited for him to respond. It was a crazy idea but I think I’m able to do it! Tablo said I was starting to use half of my brain, possibly more than that by now! If telekinesis is really based on concentration and I have my x-ray sunglasses I could possibly be able to adjust the inner organs of the Catastrophic body to match a human’s. Then, I could kill B-Bomb and rejuvenate Minhyuk’s soul to bring him back to us! I might be insane but it was worth a shot! “Turn him human? Why can’t you just kill him?!” Jiyong questioned and I rolled my eyes. Of course, Ji wants the easy way out.

“B-Bomb possesses the soul of a human that was close to me, I want to bring him back,” I lied. I wasn’t sure if the sixth years told any authoritative figure about Minhyuk but either way I’m not taking chances.

“He’s gone! Deal with it!” He said harshly, not taking any information in. I choked him by the collar of his uniform as he struggled to get free.

“Listen Jiyong, you’re gonna let me do this. I can increase my mind’s concentration, save a friend, you can take credit for allowing me to train like this, and I can be a secret weapon in transforming and killing Catastrophics. That’s a huge advantage; don’t you want us to have it?” I whispered hauntingly. It was a chance but that chance was something I was willing to take. Jiyong is either too to try it or is just trying to get on my nerves. For once he let the words sink in, entering his mind and he contemplated. I let him go and he adjusted his vest in a huff.

“Go ahead,” he said and ran back out into the battle scene while I turned back to B-Bomb who waited patiently. Now, let’s see what happens if I ask him.

I returned to the Catastrophic figure and sat in front of him. A slight smile curved along his lips so I smiled back. “What was that?” he wondered and I sighed, pulling my notebook under my chin so I could rest my face on it. If I laid down on the table that would’ve been hella cold.

“I told him an idea and he decided against it for a moment,” I shrugged.

“What idea?” B-Bomb asked and I lifted my head.

“Well, if you don’t care if you live or not, I was thinking that I could possibly bring back Minhyuk,” I said slowly. B-Bomb paused, nodding his head as he thought about it. His eyes wandered around and stared off into space while he chewed the left corner of his bottom lip.

“W-would you be able to?” I nearly fell out of my seat. Was he agreeing so quickly?

“If I had some time I could,” I answered and he nodded, firmly this time. I could feel my heart beating as he continued to think and ponder about the thought. He looked up, his eyes glowing and sparkling as he smiled.

“Ah, what the Hell? Go ahead, bring back Minhyuk,” B-Bomb shrugged and I jumped up, cheering.

I was relieved, I was afraid he might feel insecure or decide to be my enemy again. I’m glad he’s gonna be my pal, all into the end. “I thought you were gonna turn on me, oh jeez,” I breathed, heaving out my worries.

“Why would I? I’m as good as dead right now and the sixth years want their friend back, might as well do something worthwhile,” he shrugged.

“Alright! I’ll start preparing myself for the telekinesis thing, I should be able to do it in a week,” I informed him, writing down some extra things before standing up.

“Cool, hey, you’re still gonna check up on me right? I don’t like the way other Demons look at me,” he slightly shivered and I nodded.

“I’ll make sure no one’s too harsh,” I winked at him and exited the little room. “See you later B-Bomb!” I called and I saw him wave out of my peripheral vision. I trotted down to my room, I planned to fight for a little bit until about three Demons came in from above. They shouted and a slight worry was wrapped in each word they called.

“It-It’s Jaejoong! Jaejoong got hit!” oh .

I ran over to the Special D.A’s cave, where they headed with the injured Jaejoong. They carried him by his arms and legs, laying him gently atop the long table that many Demon, human, and Catastrophic bodies have laid upon. He was sliced on his right and left sides, oozing blood. It made me shiver a little bit as I saw how rapidly the fluids traveled across the table. My own sides began to hurt! His face was sickly pale, as if he was a phantom, and he groaned and writhed in pain. “Oh man, Jay said he put poison on his bullets!” Jaejoong groaned and scrunched his face in agony. I felt a stab in my chest as I watched, Minji and Yukwon appeared. Were they the Special D.A’s healers? Just as I thought the twins began observing the damages, calling for Seungri and Daesung the four of them attempted to close both of the wounds. For a moment, when they began to panic, Jaejoong looked in my direction and his eyes were just so dreading. They were almost flickering out of life, out of soul.

I stood with Jae when we were younger, fifth years, gazing down at the fiery pits of Hell. “Jae, do you think what they said is true? That our eyes will be able to tell that of the past right before we die?” I questioned to him. Back then, my hair was black and long not like it is now, Jaejoong also had longer black hair. Before I tell the myth, our eyes are still not mature yet and what that means is your eyes are still soft and not yet establishing your color. Now, the myth was said that if you jump into the pits before your eyes mature then before you pass away you can recall the happiest memories with the person you gaze at. We were curious children, getting on the Devil’s nerves and it excited us! This would pop that vein on the back of his neck!

“It might be true…” Jaejoong scratched his head unsure and flipped his hair from his forehead.

“I dare you to do it!” I chuckled, looking back at the flaming holes. We were such trouble makers, but we only had a year to do this. At our sixth year our eyes become mature. At first I only meant it as a joke, I was surprised Jaejoong stood up! He brushed himself off and looked towards me.

“Tell the Devil to come and get me!” he patted my shoulder and I stood up, nodding furiously. Now, I was intending to stick to the dare I gave him. I watched as he launched himself downward, whooping enthusiastically until he hit the bottom. “AW THAT ING HURT!” he complained, it echoed loud enough so I could hear it as if he was still right next to me shouting.

I blinked and looked around. Woah, that myth was true! That was actually kinda cool! I turned back to him, finally getting the truth. It settled in my mind and I felt a stab in my chest. Jaejoong is dying. No matter how frantically the others thought they could help his wounds, Jae was gonna die sooner or later. Perhaps sooner…I’ve never really known a close person who passed away. I’ve experienced the fear of people that may die but never the dreading feeling that stuck to my shoulders and stomach like this. I may never have new memories with Jaejoong, I guess he wanted to relive just one really great one. I could see his exposed skin was white and the bones underneath the skin were bony and fragile. He looked like he would crack to dust with one slap! He mouth to me, “be a good boy” with a slight grin on his pinkish lips and looked up to the ceiling. I stiffened and took a sudden step forward, maybe I shouldn’t have. I gulped as Jaejoong released his last breath of air. His lifeless body went rigid and the blood seemed to cease its flow. There was no more to push out. Anger suddenly shoved its way through all the different emotions flowing in my system.  I grabbed the nearest weapon, Yukwon’s spear with the curved blade, and slammed my notebook and pen on the table next to Jaejoong’s body. I let out a loud battle cry and jogged out of there without any armor whatsoever.

“Seunghyun Hyung!”

“Hyung!”

“Oppa!”

“MY WEAPON!” I ignored my juniors, already heading up the stairs and twisting the spear around my hands to get used to the feel of it. The adrenalin boomed in my wrists and chest and neck, it made me go even crazier. I reached for the door knob of the entrance to Earth, feeling the cold metal electrify my fingers’ honed senses. Before my fist could grasp the knob wholly, there came a body leaping onto my back and another pair of hands shaking me backwards causing me to fall back hitting whoever was on me. “OW! You couldn’t have done something else, Hyung?!” Yukwon complained as my head and upper chest rested on his body.

“Sorry,” Seungri squeaked and I stood up, still feeling the heat along my clearly infuriated body.

“What was that for? I have to go kill that son of a , Jay!” I growled. Yukwon snatched his weapon back and glared at me for a moment, then he calmed himself down.

“I’ll kill him in your name okay? Go back, work on your telekinesis skills Hyung,” he bowed slightly and then bolted out of Hell. “Angry Demon coming through!” I heard him yell. I turned back and saw the other Demons left Minji and I alone on the staircase. She went up to me and rubbed my hair comfortingly, giving me a tight hug. This time, I wasn’t so annoyed about it. For some reason this time she actually calmed me. Suddenly Jaejoong’s death only became burdensome and mourning worthy, it didn’t enrage me that Catastrophics had murdered him. B-Bomb’s different and you know it…remember that.

“Follow Yukwon’s advice, go to your place and start,” she mumbled softly.

“Fine, I’ll be in my room. I’ll either be sleeping, meditating, or crying,” I whispered in her ear and she smiled a little. Minji leaned up on her tiptoes next to my ear.

“Good luck Oppa,” she hissed and kissed my cheek. “Oi, Yukwon’s gonna kick someone’s now!” she hissed and ran down the stairs, making me smile a bit. I went to the Special D.A’s cave and took my journal and pen, staring at Jaejoong’s deceased body being wrapped up in shimmery foil. Thank you old friend, sorry I forgot about our good times together. I sighed and went through the maze leisurely, arriving at my room and collapsing on my couch in a heap of exhaustion. Many other emotions, but mostly exhaustion. The telekinesis was bugging me and I questioned how I’ll be able to do it, Jaejoong’s head was haunting especially since we grew up together, Minji’s kiss was sweet even for her, and the war was still very burdensome on everyone.

“I’ll do everything later.” 

 

A/N: I feel bad having writing this now :P I love Jaejoong and JYJ but he was picked at random. The "Jay" he was talking about was Jay Park, the K-Pop soloist and former 2PM member (Leader, Lead Dancer, Rapper, & Vocalist) I have nothing against him etiher...I apologize. But still please LOVE and COMMENT! :)