Chapter 1

Working Overtime

Thank you my first TEN SUBSCRIBERS: benjaminwjk, starmonkey, giie_13, cl_jia, frontelicious, kassy26, topgbom, gjie2cute, starsandcloudydays, and TAIwin!! :DD Thank you again for reading and subscribing to the story, I hope not to disappoint you! Here's the first chapter as another thanks :)

~~~~

 

The more time I spent with her, the more I found what we didn’t have in common! We were more opposite from each other than ever! The only thing we agreed on so far is where to live. We got a house on the edge of a lake in Seoul where you can see the water shimmering and the rich orange sun blending in with all the greenery. It was beautiful but I don’t have time to enjoy it because of Bom over here! That’s my Angel’s name on Earth, mine is Seunghyun. We argue, yes, but more than another Demon/Angel relationship! I swear I wish I wasn’t a Fire Demon!

I pulled up my black zip up hoodie to hide my mint blue hair and slipped on my pitch black sunglasses over my fiery eyes. I was at the park with Bom, we were on our daily patrol looking for people to either praise or punish. Not to mention looking for some unnatural things I had noticed earlier. Bom was sitting under a tree mindlessly playing with leaves and giggling. Her denim shorts and camouflage jacket didn’t help with the camouflage either. God can’t she focus?! “Bom, let’s hurry up! I can tell he’s here!” I hissed at her and she rolled her eyes.

“Fine, Tabi,” she jumped up and we separated. I glanced around, my eyes finding the pure and the sinners, pure bodies are blue and sinners are red, kind of ironic since Bom and I have those hair colors. Suddenly I saw a body that passed by, a guy in dark clothes and shrouded his face. His body glowed sickly green which made my chest clench in excitement. There you are. I slipped a hand into my jacket to grasp my long and freshly sharpened short sword when his face shot towards me. I could just hear him breathe and I saw the recognizable slits in his cheekbones. Damn, that’s where you breathe?! I looked around; there were too many citizens to fight here so I cocked my head to the right. A smile full of yellow and jagged teeth formed and he followed me out of the area.

We made our way into an empty green field littered with trees and the common candy wrapper or so. I kept my distance from him; the minute humans were out of sight I had to dodge a flying knife hurtling towards my face. My sunglasses were flung off as I jumped to the side exposing my eyes. “A true Fire Demon, you guys are everywhere aren’t you?” his voice was raspy and barely audible, like it hurt to speak.

“Psh, I claimed Seoul!” I scoffed and pulled out my sword, the golden blade glistening in the sun. I saw the monster stiffen and he took off his own glasses to reveal the odd coloring from the inside of a henbane.

“Is that 100%?” he wondered with a gulp.

“With a cursed ruby in the hilt,” I showed him and he threw the shades away.

“You Demons know how to fight,” he decided with a nod and pulled out a futuristic gun. The barrel glowed bright blue and the casing was black with orange lines; I didn’t know they had this kind of technology on other planets. Damn, why did Hell have to be so old fashioned?! “But being a Catastrophic has advantages.”

We were warned about these guys before, the Catastrophics. They’re a ing danger to everything that breathes on Earth! They live on Ceres, the only dwarf planet that is settled in the inner solar system. Ceres has an icy outer core, right? Well our teachers said that the Catastrophics live under the outer layer; have you ever heard of that unidentified white dot people always seem to see on Ceres? That’s the entrance to a new scientific world. Though these guys are pretty damn ugly they’re also pretty damn smart and are estimated to be centuries ahead in technology, especially it’s weaponry. They get their resources from the outer surface which holds hydrated minerals that encourage plant growth but it is unidentified on what they eat for meat…

Catastrophics have this really enormous ego, nothing compared to humans! They think humans are low lives compared to how they live, but from what I’ve heard, the only thing advanced is their mechanics! But anyway, they wanted to show humans what they’re made of for the past couple centuries so they somehow appear on Earth and always cover themselves up before actually scaring some people less. Since Fire Demons are the only ones who can actually sense this species (or whatever the they are) we have been warned when you encounter one of them to not take them lightly. These guys are pretty bulky!

He fired at me sending a shot of a blue laser in my direction. I barely escaped it; the feel of the heat against my face was enough to make sure I didn’t get hit by one of those! I quickly got back on my feet but before I could lunge at him I saw deep into the cyan blue barrel. I began running in a giant circle having him shoot at the spot I was previously in. After a bunch of blasts his gun went dim. “Goddamn you!” he hissed. I took the chance and charged at him. Being the annoying klutz I am I slipped but I did knock him off his feet! Don’t judge me! I pushed his wrist down to trap him and scrambled up before he could pry my fingers off. I got on top of him (didn’t that sound weird…) and glared down at him.

“You can’t beat me, I spent ten years training to fight asses like you!” I spat. His face scrunched up in anger and he threw me off of him. Damn, he’s stronger than I thought! I tasted salt in my mouth as I slammed against a tree and fell to my knees. i looked up and saw him pull out an identical gun and I scanned the area. “Where the is my sword?!” I shouted and heard a cold laugh, like a knife scraping against metal. It made my skin crawl.

“Can’t beat you huh?” he laughed again and I gently felt around in my pockets but swiftly as I did so. Come on, knife, where in Hell are you?! I submerged myself in trying to find my pocket knife that he fired. I shot my head towards the sound and pulled myself out of the area but not quick enough. My left arm was grazed by the energy making me collapse.

“!” I moaned. The skin was now red and searing hot, some spots were even black and glistening with fresh blood. At least I found my knife. The wound will heal by itself eventually but right now I wasn’t able to move the arm. I gripped my knife tightly and turned my face so that I could see him walking forward. Really? Are you trying to act like those guys in the movies? I guess I’m gonna have to act like in the movies. “No,” I groaned and turned over. Okay, that was cheesy… I kept my hand on my knife as he neared me. Almost there.

“Well, I guess I didn’t need a partner in this,” he commented which caused curiosity to grow.

“Wh-what?”

“Let me just say that if you guys have two then we should have two,” he smirked. Bom!