Chapter 30

Working Overtime

I usually have things to say up here but today I don't...oh well :P Enjoy this chapter then! 

 

~~~~

 

As you can see Demons aren’t necessarily hard to kill. That’s not my fault though! That’s the Devil’s/Creator’s fault for not being considerate about death and like that! Instead of going to Heaven or Hell I just floated in absolute darkness, I couldn’t even see my fingers in front of me. I had no idea if I was going up or down, if I was staring at a wall or anything. But I was able to picture things, picture my goals that I so desperately craved to accomplish but will never be able to. Gone. The service I have ceased to give my friends and my superiors in missions and battles. Gone. I was gonna avenge Jaejoong, I was gonna save Minhyuk…I was gonna save Bom. Even in death imagining a different figure rescuing my Bommie isn’t even a possibility. It’s not an option!

My heart surged to life, beating as fast as the wind. I popped my eyes open, blinking furiously to get rid of the heavy feeling that had set in after a while of having them shut. I wiggled my fingers and toes, not only was I numb I was freezing cold! Am I alive again? Of course you are you you’re breathing aren’t you?! I sat up from the red stone table which jutted into my back as I attempted to sit up but my muscles were so wound up and I was shivering slightly, I could barely move! “H-Hyung!” I looked over and saw Jihoon gaping at me with a pointing finger. His hair was blonde still but he had seemed to cut a bit off of it. Oh God I’m breathing I’m alive again! No Sherlock…

“C-cold, hand me something.” Warmth is my priority! I stuttered and he jumped around the room, looking obviously in tough places when a blanket was at the foot of the table. I rolled my eyes when he finally found it but I still wrapped myself in the warm cloth. I was laid on the table in the Special D.A’s room along with my shirt off. My body was pale and covered in frozen droplets and my lips felt as cold as ice, they were probably blue. “Oh G-God, you little sixth year, h-how in Hell did you bring me b-back?” I chattered my teeth and he led me outside, where many people waited outside to see. I’ve never been so glad to see Ji or Bae in this past year!

“A-actually, Hyung, I’m a seventh year now,” he told me as I sat at the edge of the fire pits. I stopped shaking, I stopped moving. “I’ll explain this, carefully,” he said calmly and I listened as much as my frosted ears could listen. “When B-Bomb snapped your neck he unlocked the door and snapped his own. Even Se7en Hyung admitted we couldn’t do anything without you!” that warmed my chest a little bit. “So we stuck both of you in a flash freezer and I was chosen to take your notes to learn your telekinesis surgery. Although since I’m not as skilled with learning it took me a year, we thawed you out and I was even more surprised I could bring you back!” he grinned proudly. I wasn’t confused at all, it made sense, but I felt more like a failure. I underestimated the acts of a Catastrophic, almost died, and it gave an opening for the ultimate maknae to take my spot as the telekinesis surgeon. I was glad my idea worked, I just wanted to be the first one to try it out. So basically there was a melting pot of emotions in my mind right now.

“Good job, Jihoon. You did awesome and you’ll do even better with Minhyuk,” I assured him steadily and I patted his shoulder, standing up. Jihoon immediately followed after me.

“Actually, they were still expecting you to operate Minhyuk’s body," he said and I looked back to him and to the group.

“What?” I walked over to the group and Jihoon took off the blanket as if understanding I was already warm. “I’ve been dead for a year, two years have passed and you already expect me to do something once my heart is beating again?!” I felt the recognizable popping of my veins when I’m angered, it settled and aggravated me at the same time. Jiyong stepped up, his hair still all colorful, and he held up his hands calmly.

“Jihoon was able to restart your heart and fix a few bones in your neck, that’s all he was planning to do! You were aiming for changing a species, repairing his broken neck, curing his soul, and switching personalities! We need someone more driven to do something like that,” he insisted. Maybe it’s because I’ve just come back from being pulseless but he sounded purer… this past year has definitely changed everything. I shifted my body and Jihoon respectfully caped a sky blue button up over my bare upper body. I nodded my thanks then looked back at Jiyong.

“I still hate you,” I stated clearly and walked towards the maze of rooms.

I almost forgot where my room was, it’s been a year with no thoughts running in my mind. Now, it was on overtime. I blew off the dust from my journal and looked through it, instantly being reminded of the ideas I had thought of. I took a moment to relax though, since it’s been a year things have appeared to change. I wonder how the sixth—I mean seventh—years have been. Jiyong and Youngbae seemed to have kept their secrets, so have Daesung, Minji and Seungri since they’re all here. Am I distant with them now or even closer than before? Will things be as usual or will it be totally alien? How will my “surgery” with B-Bomb work out? I shook my head of the questions and began my training. Like before, I started off with the black dot which I drew on the wall I stared at as I sat on my bed and I focused all of my concentration on it. Although, because of my death there were many things were pounding in my head causing me to keep starting over and over with the dot. I then fell on my bed, a zinging sensation in my head rang in my ears as well. Suddenly a serious thought occurred to me. What about the war?

I buttoned up the shirt I was given and searched for someone, preferably a seventh year I’m still not used to my old friends. The first person I saw, though, was Youngbae and Minji…at least Minji’s there. “Youngbae! Minji!” I called and walked over to them, they looked over. Minji smiled a little which warmed me as her (once) dead oppa, since it’s been a year. Youngbae on the other hand was still stiff, if not stiffer.

“Oppa!” Minji threw her arms around me, and I hugged her back while glaring a bit at Youngbae. They talk but I don’t like her talking to him. “What’s up?” she wondered and let go.

“How did the Catastrophic war go?” I asked and Youngbae stepped forward.

“We carried on with vigor; those followers of yours were pretty pissed. They totally kicked , but I would be lying if I said no one died,” he added and I felt myself stiffen.

“Who?”

“Well Chulmin, the “Yukwon” of our generation, he passed away after Jaejoong did. Sad, he was a funny guy.” Chulmin was really the Yukwon of our generation, he was good looking in a childish way, he looked innocent but was really a badass at heart, and I always enjoy talking to him. Hearing about his death made my heart feel heavy but I continued to bear with it. “And then a lot of first years, now second years, since they weren’t trained with weapons. You know, a lot of inexperienced Demons died. There goes another generation of potential,” he shrugged and then walked away. He was calm but I was still angry at the Catastrophics, he didn’t even say if it was over or not!

“We won Seunghyun Oppa, that’s all that matters,” Minji said, patting my cheek. “Come on, I have to meet Yukwon in the mess hall. Join us before you start your training again,” she offered kindly and I followed her into the Demon/Angel filled room and instantly spotted Yukwon sitting alone. He still had red hair, gelled so it spiraled up. His face lit up when he saw us both.

“Hyung! Minji!” he waved and I walked over to him smirking at his over excitement.

“Ya, Yukwon, calm yourself. How have things been with you guys?” I asked him before he could even start talking.

“At first we were all freaking out because, you know, you were dead! But then Jiho mentioned the flash freezer so we put both of you in there. Oh my God they made me carry B-Bomb and green blood got all over me! It was disgusting!” he sounded like his sister when he complained! It made me smile even more at the twins as I watched them argue with the other. “The year was so long! You’re lucky you got to sleep through it all!” he said. Not really, I would rather live through it all than be dead.

“Each day was pretty boring without one of your interesting break outs,” Minji smirked making me roll my eyes.

“Want me to have one now?” I asked and she shook her head making me smile. My smile faded when Jiyong came into the area. “Oh but I might…” I muttered as he approached the table.

“Seunghyun! What the Hell do you think you’re doing?! You’re supposed to be training remember?!” he poked his head annoyingly and I stood up calmly from my stone seat. I was still taller, we must’ve stopped growing.

“I’m alive again, Ji, I deserve to be a bit happy for at least five minutes,” I reasoned.

“It’s been 25 minutes, Seunghyun; I think you’re done with your break since you’ve been gone for a year!” Jiyong was getting on my nerves once again. Like always the Devil’s child hasn’t changed in his annoying spoiled ways. The anger seemed to shake in my hands.

“Jiyong, has anyone else besides me ever told you that you are a ? Because you really are, and it’s getting on my nerves even now. You gotta shut your up sometimes your dad isn’t always gonna be able to protect you! I can’t even think on how and why I was able to look past you being a douche but now I get it! So you better back off and let me train then, before I kick your into the wall!” I leaned in closer, so no one else heard. “I still know about you and Chaerin, don’t let Youngbae get involved again.” I warned and he immediately moved away. Guess they’re still dating, off to my studio then. As I walked out of the mess hall to head to my room to continue my training I felt a devilish grin come across my lips and I chuckled to myself darkly. “It’s great to be back."

 

A/N: I've got nothing against to Chulmin, it was the first name that popped into my head! And taking some readers' advice I'll speed up the process (or try to) so the story doesn't drag on forever. Remember to LOVE and COMMENT! :)