25

The One For Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Heads turned as Eunsoo stepped out from her silver Porsche. She had parked at the school’s parking lot and a lot of people were there. Across her, Kai was leaning on his car’s hood talking with a girl. He smiled as soon as he noticed Eunsoo hopped down from the vehicle.

 

Eunsoo yawned lightly as she headed to her classroom; she blinked when she found it empty.

“I’ve been wanting to talk to you.”

She spun around and found Shin Chaekyung looking at her with her arms crossed.

“Chaekyung-ssi~”

“I know you have something going on with my husband. Why do you keep on calling to him? Did you forget that he’s married?” She hissed.

Eunsoo’s eyes widened.

“It’s not like that~”

“Don’t try to lie. This is just a warning. Stop flirting with him.”

“I~”

“Save your lies, home wrecker.” She smirked before leaving.

Eunsoo breathed out and gently placed her book down.

 

She went up the school’s rooftop.

“Home wrecker?” She half hissed to herself.

“Who does she think she is?!”

She kicked the empty cola can on her foot.

“I was right, I should~”

“I saw you running up here, is something up?”

She spun and found Kai walking to her. She shook her head, but tears just threatened to fall from her eyes.

Kai looked at her, then he walked briskly.

“Ya….why are you crying?”

“I wasn’t.” Eunsoo looked up and wiped her tears away.

Kai sighed and sat beside her. He gently wiped her tears with his handkerchief.

“Did I ever tell you that you at lying?” He chided. Eunsoo shook her head.

“Now tell me, what made our Eunie cry?” He said lightly.

“Am I home wrecker, Kai?”

Kai’s gaze snapped at her.

“No, don’t think that. Why are you even~it’s Shin Chaekyung, huh?” His tone changed suddenly.

“Aniya~”

“You at lying!” He suddenly exploded. Eunsoo looked up at him.

“Kai~”

“Why are you crying? Even if she said that, is it true?! Were you the one who kept on chasing Hoya? It was him! He kept on clinging on to you!”

“Ya, relax. Lower your voice. People will hear you.” Eunsoo pulled him down on the chair.

“I don’t like seeing you hurt every time he’s near and yet….you don’t even defend yourself?”

Eunsoo sighed.

“It’s not like that. Honestly, I want to let go of him. That’s why……we’re going out tonight with Tao ge.”

“What?!”

“Cancel your date, arasso? Then I’ll see you later.” Eunsoo stood up. But Kai pulled her back.

“Wae?” She asked.

“Next time when you cry….call me, okay?” Kai looked at her. Eunsoo nodded.

“Got it, boss.”

 

Kai’s POV

 

What is wrong with me?!

I went down and headed to the classroom. Lately, all of my thoughts are about her.

Am I going crazy? She’s not even my style!

“Ya! What are you thinking about?”

“Oh, Baek hyung.” I nodded. Chanyeol hyung sat across us.

“You….secretly liking Eunsoo, are we?” He chuckled.

“What? Aniya, hyung. We’re just friends~”

“You never had a relationship with a female that could last long.” Chanyeol hyung shook his head.

“Where did our cold blooded Cassanova go?” Baekhyun hyung chuckled.

“Hyung, really, we’re just friends.”

“That’s good then, she’s going through a difficult time~”

“Guys, you have to see this!” One of our classmates said.

“What?”

 

It turns out we were having a popular new student. I heard he was some Olympic gold medalist in something. We made our way to the cafeteria. I saw Eunsoo wave us over.

“Do you know why it’s so crowded outside?” She asked. I handed her a can of tea.

“Some new student.” Chanyeol hyung said.

“Ah. He must be popular then, right?” She chuckled and nudged my shoulder. I felt heat rise up in my cheeks.

“Ya…don’t….touch me.” I gave her a look. She rolled her eyes at me.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++