Chapter40

The One For Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Lay raised his brows as his cousin joined him watching the television.

“Do you want to go out today? It’s a weekend.” He asked. Eunsoo looked at him.

“I’m fine ge, you can go out if you want.”

“What’s with you? Do you still have fever?” He asked and placed the back of his hand on her forehead.

“I’m okay now, I just…..don’t want to miss the house.” She grinned. Lay rolled his eyes.

“You cant deceive me, honey. I know you too well.”

 

After having dinner with her cousin and Tao, Eunsoo went back to her room. She stole a look on her phone and found a few messages from someone she didn’t want to be reminded of.

She sighed.

She always thought of Kai as a good friend, no he was more like a best friend to her. He knew everything about her already; he was there when she suffered and when she was down. He was the one who told her to fight for herself and stand for her and Hoya.

But, things change.

She didn’t even know why Kai liked her.

Kai taught her how to be strong, but he never taught her how to face awkward situations like this.

“Kim Jongin.” She whispered.

 

 

Kai flexed his neck as he placed his headphones on the table. He was sweating due to the running he did. He needed to clear his mind and run beside the Han River helped him do that.

He sat on one of the steel benches and took out his water bottle. He looked at the dark sky thoughtfully.

He didn’t plan to confess to her this early. He knew that Eunsoo was still recuperating from Hoya and the pain she had. But he just couldn’t help it, she was getting hurt because of Hoya and he knew he would hate himself if he would just let it go on.

And most importantly, it just slipped from his mouth, the confession.

But, all he said to her was real. He never knew that he would be able to like someone and be so attached to one girl. In short, Eunsoo was the girl he willingly changed for. He threw out his player ways and he didn’t even know that he was changing. For her.

 

Your POV

 

I parked my car at the school’s lot and headed to the building. The whole weekened I haven’t spoken to Kai.

Honestly, I don’t know what to say to him. Sure, I have a good opinion of him but~

“Good morning, Soo, how are you feeling today?”

Chanyeol oppa was smiling at me.

“I’m fine now oppa, how was your weekend?” I asked. He gave me a smile and motioned me to walk.

“I heard you got sick, you….are you really okay now? I heard about you and the crown princess.”

“It’s okay now, I think. I try to forget that issue.”

“That’s good, Eunsoo-yah. Oh~ Jongin-ah!” He looked up and waved over.

I sighed

How do I face Kai now?

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++