Chapter 23

The One For Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The group had gone out of the restaurant. As usual, the guys were messing around, while Eunsoo just looked one with a small smile on her face.

“You know hiding your feelings with a smile is an old trick.” Kai passed by her and slung one arm around Sehun.

Eunsoo looked at him and she shook her head.

Of course, she knew that Kai somehow, knows a lot about her already. To her, it was like having a male best friend.

Then she frowned. He was right, she was thinking about Hoya and the chat they had earlier.

She decided to follow her friends and let them be for a while.

 

 

Kai’s POV

 

I felt someone tug on my arm.

“Kai?”

I looked at her.

“I have….something to ask.” She said. I looked at the hyungs.

“Come on, I think they’re heading for some street food, lets go this way.” I gave her a nod as we started to walk at another direction.

Eunsoo was being quiet as we walked. She was constantly looking at her toes and at the sky.

“Earlier….”

I looked at her.

“I talked with him again, and I feel…bad.”

“Wae?”

“A part of me wants to let him go, but when he’s near….when he’s with me, a part of me doesn’t want to see him off.”

She’s confused.

Eunsoo sighed, I noticed that her cheeks were flushed. I chuckled.

“Put this on first.” I took off my coat and placed it on her. She gave me a smile.

“Why am I being like this? I don’t even understand myself, Kai.”

“You think I can?” I looked at her.

“Hm.” She nodded.

I blinked at her.

“’Cause you always seem to get my point my always.” She nodded.

I swallowed. Why is it that her gaze makes me nervous?

“Maybe…..you feel..burdened, Eunie. Burdened in a way that you need to choose between responsibility and feelings.” I nodded at her.

“When he hugged me, I felt like I was a criminal. I know he’s married. But I shouldn’t have allowed him to do that right?” She blinked up at me.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

Kai had to smile proudly at what she said. That was the thing he appreciated from Eunsoo, she wasn’t like those girls he met. She had morals.

“Yes. You shouldn’t have. But you love him. You cant~”

Eunsoo shook her head and signaled for him to stop talking.

“Are you still even really in love with him? Lately, you haven’t been taking things seriously.” Kai crossed his arms.

Eunsoo blinked at him.

He was right. There were times when she would just shrug issues about Hoya sometimes.

Yes, she was uncomfortable talking about him, but there were times when she would just feel nothing.

“I…..dont know.” She sighed.

Kai grew concerned and look at her. Somehow, when she said that a small part of him became happy.

“Well, you know you can always bother me with your questions.” He shrugged, trying to keep his cool. Eunsoo smiled and wrapped her arm around his.

“I know, Kim Jongin the Cassanova is the best listener.” She chuckled as she tugged him towards a food stall.

“You don’t know how twisted that sounds……and yet you make it sound so beautiful.” He muttered the last part. He just smiled as he watched Eunsoo order while her eyes were reading the menu in fascination.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++