Chapter 37

The One For Me

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Eunsoo looked up and found a lady in her late forties looking at her, she was dressed in a cream colored Gucci pantsuit.

“Yes, I’m Choi Eunsoo, who~”

“Eomma, what are you~”

Kai doubled over and looked at Eunsoo.

Mrs. Kim smiled to herself and gently patted his son’s cheek.

“Eomma? Is she your mother?” Eunsoo looked at him. Kai mentally slapped himself.

“Yes, she is Auntie Kim, Soo.” Suho popped out of nowhere.

“Auntie, this is Eunsoo, she’s Zhang Enterprise’s granddaughter, Soo, this Kai’s mom.”

Eunsoo nodded and shook the elder’s hand.

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Kim.” She bowed politely.

“You don’t how to delighted I am to finally meet you my dear.”

Eunsoo blinked. Kai coughed and ever so subtly pulled his mother away. Suho chuckled and grabbed the younger girl’s arm.

“Let’s go, Lay’s looking for you.”

 

Your POV

 

I woke up and found out it was a Monday. I heard someone banging on my door.

Of course, one of the disadvantages not living in the dorm, Lay gege.

“I’m up already!” I hollered in Mandarin. I heard gege chuckle.

I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of jeans and a high low top.

“Good morning mei.” I heard Tao ge say as I went down.

“I should get you an new alarm clock or something, mei.” Lay ge muttered. I chuckled and sat on my seat.

 

Kai’s POV

 

“Aigoo, auntie likes Soo, huh?” I heard Baekhyun hyung chuckle as we entered the school’s cafeteria.

“Well, she is one of those rare girl friends, right, Jonginie?”

I pushed Chanyeol hyung away from me. Everyone talks about her!

Mom harassed me with questions about Eunsoo last night too!

This is wasy too much.

She’s my friend!

Then someone came running in the cafeteria. It was one of the sophomores.

“Something big has happened!”

We all looked at him. He was panting hard as if trying to catch his breath.

“It’s…….Choi Eunsoo sunbae!..She….she…..library…..bookshelves….”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

Kai stood up from his seat and ran to the library, the sophomore didn’t even to get his sentence done but Kai felt something was wrong. He immediately climbed the stairs with Baekyun and Chanyeol following him.

Then he finally arrived outside the library, there was already a small crowd forming. He made his way in the place and found some of the bookshelves on the floor they were toppled over.

He looked around and found Eunsoo nowhere.

Then his eyes landed on the fallen bookshelves.

He cursed under his breath as he began to push the books away.

 

After ten minutes of clearing up the place, Eunsoo was found unconscious under a pile of books. Her left cheek was slightly bruised.

“Eunsoo?!” Kai tapped her cheek repeatedly.

Baekhyun bit his lip in worry as he tried to contact Lay. Kai wordlessly lifted her up.

“I’ll bring her to clinic.”

 

Shin Chaekyung slipped out of the library with a small smile on her face. A smile filled with satisfaction.

“Now, we’re even.”

She knows that Hoya had saved Eunsoo the other day. And she didn’t like it. In her mind, she has already murdered Eunsoo many times.

 

Kai’s POV

 

Why is this happening? Is someone out to get her?

But why?

“K---Kai?”

 I looked up and saw Eunsoo trying to sit up from the bed.

“Lie down, you got hurt.” I stood up and pushed her back gently. She looked at me, as if trying to measure my expression.

“What happened?”

“Bookshelves fell over.”

She nodded.

“You gave me a heart attack.” I said. She smiled.

“I did tell you be careful, right?”

“I cant even remember how that happened, all I remember is that weird noise I heard.”

“What noise?”

“I don’t know. But how did I get here?” She asked.

“I placed you on the magic carpet and it flew you here.” I said dryly. Eunsoo chuckled and gently squeezed my hand.

“Thank you, Kai.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++