Chapter 37

The One For Me

Narrator’s POV

 

Hoya arrived at their living quarters, as soon as Chaekyung heard him go in the hall she went out of her room.

“Oppa, how was your day?”

No reply came. Chaekyung bit her lip and smiled again. She held onto his arm with her two hands.

“Today, we had some project with my class~”

“Look, Chaekyung, I don’t care. I’m not interested, please let go of me.”

Chaekyung let go of him. Hoya started to walk away.

“It’s her, isn’t?”

“It’s always her! What does she have that I don’t?!”

Hoya looked at her.

“Don’t start.” He simply shook his head and walked away.

 

Eunsoo winced as she sat on her desk. Just this morning, she woke up with a massive headache.

“You look pale, Mei.” Tao sat beside her. She smiled.

“Ge, don’t you have a class?”

Tao smiled.

“I just wanted to check on you, oh-“ He looked up as Kai entered the room.

“I’ll get going then, mei you take care.”

Kai’s POV

 

“Are you trying to role-play a vampire?” I asked. Eunsoo gave me a look.

“I’m not up for a verbal battle with you.”

I chuckled.

“You look sick, are you sure you’re okay, Eunie?”

She gave me a slight nod and she leaned on her elbows.

Something’s not right. About yesterday, this isn’t the only bad thing that has happened. One time with the books which almost fell on her, next was that someone had attempted to throw eggs at her. And now, with the bookshelves that had toppled over.

Is someone trying to deliberately harm her?

Then she turned to me, there she goes again with her brown eyes.

“Do you want to eat out today?”

“You look like you’re about to collapse, and you want to eat?”

She pouted.

“After this then?” She tilted her head. I sighed.

“Fine.”

 

Narrator’s POV
 

After class, everyone stood up to gather their things.

“Meet me at the front then, I’ll bring the car around.”

Eunsoo gave Kai a nod and he left.

 

Eunsoo made her way to the building’s front when someone had called her.

“Chaekyung?”

Chaekyung nodded at her and gestured that she follow her.

 

“I wanted to talk about something sensitive, that’s why we’re here.”

Eunsoo nodded and looked around the greenhouse; there were different plants on pots and on the ground.

“It’s about Hoya.”

Eunsoo looked up at the crown princess.

“I am asking you please let him go. Cut all the ties between you and him.”

“Chaekyung, we already broke up.” Eunsoo said as she held on one of the plastic stands. Her vision was starting to spin.

“Are you trying to lie to me? It’s not working, lie better.” Chaekyung crossed her arms.

“Really~”

“Then why would he always cling to you?”

“It’s true, we’re….over.” Eunsoo closed her eyes briefly.

“Liar! Girls like you make me puke! Are you just throwing yourself to him just because of money?!”

Eunsoo shook her head, she wasn’t able to talk, and she was already having a hard time standing up.

 

 

Kai stopped the car in front of the building’s doors when he noticed that Eunsoo was running late. He got out from his vehicle as he noticed some students were running back in the building again.

“What’s going on?” He asked.

“It’s the crown princess! She and Eunsoo sunbae are talking!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++